The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Was Gadsby ever confirmed as a bidder? 

Not sure if he’s ever been officially named, but I’m not sure anyone has been. We only know for sure about Appleby because he’s made a statement himself. It certainly seems common knowledge that Gadsby has at least been in the running at some stage though.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But if the Admin are confident they can secure funding to the end of the season then that's what we have to do. Unless Admin have the balls to stand up to the EFL, and as they have now (hurrah!) 'called out the EFL' on this that's a possibility.

What does that achieve? We’d still be in the same position then with the two clowns trying to sue us and no takeover can be completed.

The Quantama statement said another few weeks - I’d be genuinely interested to know their course of action this month to resolve the open issue.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Was Gadsby ever confirmed as a bidder? 

There was mention on Twitter of another last minute bidder which I ignored (unreliable source), but maybe the admins statement confirms it. 

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

The statement is out and it all boils down to the EFL insisting on the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims being sorted before purchase.

Three bids on the table but we cannot move on them.

The EFL have won.

Is it three bids on the table then angie? So not counting Kirchner who's dropped out, it still three?  

21 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

It means what they are doing does not fit the law

So, if I understand this right Derby Mel Morris buying the ground wasn't illegal but didn't fit the law, Derby used an amortisation that wasn't  illegal but didn't fit the law too. We get punished for the second one(fined), just how duplicitous do the EFL want to be.

Forgive me if I have this wrong.

Rams Trust needs to get another statement from the EFL. Because their last statement was a pack of lies.

They stated they cannot comment as "They are not party to any such proceedings. These are matters that are required to be addressed and agreed by the parties involved"

That's clearly a lie. This is Boro and Wycombe suing us. Legally absolutely no chance of them getting anywhere. Not the EFL.

I'm sick of this. How can this be allowed to happen?

11 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

This needs to go to court. The EFL are either doing something unnecessary or maybe illegal. Here is why- What happens for example if other clubs want to sue Derby who lost to Derby under the three year period of finances looked at - Bristol lost to Derby and they could say they lost momentum and therefore a playoff place was unattainable or something similar. Or Sheffield Wednesday may want to bring a case for example...whatever millions. Its ridiculous. This would be an extension of this farcical situation. The outcome now looks like there could be no club soon unless the claims are dropped or this case is taken to a high court as the EFL may be operating illegally here blocking a takeover.

That's the point thought neither Boro or Wycombe are suing Derby. They have put claims in to the administrators but they haven't been dealt with - I think that according to EFL regs they should go to arbitration (?) but I suppose we haven't time and Admin assumed they could pass that 'job' onto the new owner. 

@MACKWORTHRAM " This is Boro and Wycombe suing us. " 

But they aren't.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just been announced on Midlands today that administrators have stated that the process of selling club is stalled until 'boro and Wycombe cases are solved. Time for the Rams to sue QPR and Villa.

Worth noting only one club (Brentford) of last nine promoted have not breached FFP rules in their promotion season.

Edited by Ramtastic ones
Typo

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What does that achieve? We’d still be in the same position then with the two clowns trying to sue us and no takeover can be completed.

The Quantama statement said another few weeks - I’d be genuinely interested to know their course of action this month to resolve the open issue.

Perhaps we'd have time to go to tribunal? Or challenge the EFL?

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm feeling like I'd rather liquidate the club than gove boro or wycombe a penny.

Just out of spite.

Problem is Gibson wants that. The other ones a chancer who scribbled something on a fag box and in his own words' had no idea what he was claiming for but put something in'

i would really love to know if Gibsons new EFL lackey was party to these discussions. As I understand, Pearce was not privy to any discussions regarding Morris last season under 'request of other board members.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's the point thought neither Boro or Wycombe are suing Derby. They have put claims in to the administrators but they haven't been dealt with - I think that according to EFL regs they should go to arbitration (?) but I suppose we haven't time and Admin assumed they could pass that 'job' onto the new owner. 

The administrators do not recognise them as creditors, at least  at anything more than a nominal value. So they should not affect the CVA.  So the club should be able to deal with the claims after the sale. That's how I interpret it, could be wrong

Anyway, EFL seem to disagree. At least given the disagreement there doesn't seem to be any reason why admin team should be forced to  sell players.. just not sign any news ones or re-sign existing players. As anything that requires EFL's involvement will   mean they will mess things up for us as they always do.