The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Then why were they do confident about naming the preferred bidder imminently?

Part of me wonders if the EFL actually rejected their choice of preferred bidder.  I'm genuinely struggling to see many explanations for what's happened over the last 24 hours, but that is certainly one that covers everything.

When you think about it - how has this day gone so wrong even for Derby County ??

Some of us actually believed we could be naming a preferred bidder today, instead we have ended up under a new embargo and with one of our players leaving immediately. 

Every-time you think it can’t get any worse it somehow does. Its got to the point where if you don’t laugh about it you’ll cry. 

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I do understand the anger of many towards the EFL on here, I really do, but it does seem mighty perculiar to me that the transfer embargo has been put back on unless of course Quantuma were unable to prove at this stage that we do have funding to see it through to the end of the season - e.g. from income from selling players, from short term but guaranteed funding options, or from a Preferred Bidder.

I suspect we need to find about £5m to see it through to season end; to cover losses on trading, and meeting other liabilities as they fall due to the footballing community - Lech Posnan and Arsenal.  Whilst the preferred bidder might be prepared to put up the £5m to take the next steps towards being the buyer, perhaps they are not prepared to put up £5m unconditionally at this stage? If we haven't got any funds coming in to cover, then - and I know I will get pelters here - it is only right that the EFL say sorry no new ins; you need to organise some outs - such as Knight or Bird - to find £5m to cover ongoing operations and commitments. Them are the issues when your owner has put you into Administration with large unpaid debts.

Still think the Gibson issue is just something in the background here - it seems more likely to me that Quantuma were unable to evidence yesterday that they can fulfil the EFL's basic requirements on the ability to complete fixtures/pay footballing debts, and the EFL have said sell some players then.

I await Quantuma's announcement later to see if I am totally wide of the mark.

We should not have to prove we can get through , only to have a viable plan on how to get through. 

The admin team have more experience of these things than the Efl. We wouldn’t still be running if they thought we couldn’t find a way through.

A statement from the English Football League confirming they need proof of funds from #dcfc 

"The EFL has written to the Administrators reiterating that it needs confirmation as a matter of urgency of how they intend to trade whilst Derby County remains in administration, including a funding plan that will enable the Club to fulfil its fixture obligations until the end of the current season.

Without this visibility the League is unable to approve any player signings or renew existing registrations and this position had been communicated to the club prior to yesterday’s meeting.”

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If the goal posts have been moved by the EFL to which Owen Bradley alluded to, I can see only one reason that makes any sense, 1st off the Admin must have been aware of what the talks were about, They would have furnished themselves with the said information and then sat round the table to discuss, WR looked so optimistic with his interview it was a case of Admin go there, They all agree what was on the agenda then everyone can move forward.

Now to "that makes any sense" someone imo has got a little fidgety with us looking good to survive this season, That someone is either at the EFL or very close to the EFL, What goal posts have been moved we dont know, But something just aint right...and i'm an eternal optimist.

In a nutshell we have given ourselves a slim chance of survival and with Rooney saying that he had players lined up to come in and help us it made the EFL mad - whoever they are? That we might just survive - I suspect that Rooney had about three Man United contracted players coming in to help out on minimal money and the EFL have slammed the door shut as well as wanting our defence to let goals in by forcing Jagielka out 

Just now, Ramos said:

When you think about it - how has this day gone so wrong even for Derby County ??

Some of us actually believed we could be naming a preferred bidder today, instead we have ended up under a new embargo and with one of our players leaving immediately. 

Every-time you think it can’t get any worse it somehow does. Its got to the point where if you don’t laugh about it you’ll cry. 

And no doubt most fans from other clubs think we all deserve to feel this way. ??

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

In a nutshell we have given ourselves a slim chance of survival and with Rooney saying that he had players lined up to come in and help us it made the EFL mad - whoever they are? That we might just survive - I suspect that Rooney had about three Man United contracted players coming in to help out on minimal money and the EFL have slammed the door shut as well as wanting our defence to let goals in by forcing Jagielka out 

It's only a view nothing more...but something just doesn't sit right with Owen Bradleys "goal posts have moved", We'll have to wait for an "informative" Quantuma update?

5 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Those 'requirements' were merely part of the P&S breach judgement; nothing to do with being in Administration, which requires further governance.

The Club (through the decisions of its old owner) has dug itself into a deep financial hole and the EFL are merely holding on to the shovel until they know we are digging our way out, not digging deeper.

You didn’t mention that they are walking round the periphery of the hole, looking down it, kicking stones in and when a bunch of yobs get on the building site and start mucking around they turn a blind eye. Then when we order up some ageing hole fillers they tell them they can’t come in their cars, they have to park down the road and lug their gear up a hill by hand

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We should not have to prove we can get through , only to have a viable plan on how to get through. 

The admin team have more experience of these things than the Efl. We wouldn’t still be running if they thought we couldn’t find a way through.

Wrong. 

The EFLs responsibility is to its members and too apply its membership rules.

The Admins responsibilities are to the Creditors not the football club, it’s supporters or the EFL.

The Admins job is to align their responsibilities whilst satisfying the EFL rule book if they want DCFC to keep playing football in the coming months. They were it seems unable to do that yesterday.