The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

We're in administration, why are you confident we have funds to prove? 

I have nothing to support confidence of immediate proof of funds. I am more confident we won’t be liquidated, but let’s see what Quantuma reveal later.

Am remember MM appointment Quantum, they thought it was going to be easy unfortunately they have found the EFL to be nothing but sabators.They appealed the 12 points then dropped it, rolled over like a dog for its belly to be ticked, take x amount of millions in fees to have us in the same position as when they took over. Any investor is looking after themselves in this, its beginning to look like a game of Russian roulette. 

I’m no expert in these things but from the start of all this it has been obvious that we can’t move forward while ever Middlesbrough and Wycombe have these claims. We are basically up poo creek without a paddle. No one will come in and pay them off and they aren’t going to drop their case. It doesn’t look good. I feel sick. The best thing I can do is delete all forms of social media off my phone because it’s really starting to make me feel depressed.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m no expert in these things but from the start of all this it has been obvious that we can’t move forward while ever Middlesbrough and Wycombe have these claims. We are basically up poo creek without a paddle. No one will come in and pay them off and they aren’t going to drop their case. It doesn’t look good. I feel sick. The best thing I can do is delete all forms of social media off my phone because it’s really starting to make me feel depressed.

Can sympathise with you here. Genuinely feeling awful 

Well as things stand - i appreciate some may be more optimistic-  without getting in cash via player sales this week to A. Complete the season and B.  Start reducing debt which is racking up lots of interest, this club is done .  I perhaps give it 10 days.  This team of administrators is a joke.  Please don't be under any illusion that it is hugely difficult to get creditors to agree to a package .  You get the investor who offers the most, go back to the creditor with a baseline of what's on offer, then back and forth a bit .  Once you get to the point of this is the best offer you get an agreement, most often with a contingency to give the main creditor more if players are sold, gates increase etc within the timeline of a payment plan .  The review can last 12 months.  For a club that brings in 30 million a year, possibly reduced to 18-20 in League 1 this wasn't an overly difficult job.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The situation is (except for Jags) the same as it has ever been since we went into administration.

The Admin have to find funding and a buyer. The funding is now needed until we get a buyer.

I guess I hoped it wouldn't but we have such big debts to HMRC and others that it was always going to be a difficult sale. Why would any potential owner want to spend more than they can get away with, especially if the stadium isn't part of the deal (or its costly)?

So no news isn't totally bad news as we are farther down the track, when we finally reach the fork in the road lets hope a buyer steps up.

Edit: see @angieram's post above.

20F23ABF-D083-4C8F-8241-6A9B9853868B.gif

It is incredibly frustrating getting 2nd/3rd/4th hand news via these reporters on twitter (some of whom have a poo track record). I hope that the admin release a statement today clearing up a few things. Something along the lines of - "we have submitted PoF to the EFL and await their decision". Then embargo is lifted and we are back to where we all were yesterday before Rooney's press conference.  

We kinda know this but no buyer is coming forwards because of the threat of action from Boro and Wycombe.

The morality of their owners - and the EFL - that would allow any possibility that a founding member of the Football League to be liquidated is horrendous.

I have lost all faith.

The EFL, club owners, the Premier League, the whole bleddy lot of them are killing "the people's game".

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

How can a contract that has a week to run be cancelled the day before a game? How have we gone from expecting a contract to be extended to one being cancelled? I’m baffled.

We've gone from thinking Jagielka is getting a new deal, thinking a preferred bidder would be announced and having players lined up to come in.

To losing Jagielka, no preferred bidder and a transfer embargo.

Absolutely disgraceful and we need answers.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Was just about to ask where @Owen87ITKis, we need an update, Sky sports news interrupted their headline running Djokovic news to state we in embargo again because of lack of funds.....

Right behind the administrators.... I'm struggling with that now, how can they give WR a positive vibe yesterday to us be back at square 1 today? 

14 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Has another club threatened to sue before? Is there precedent for the EFL to do that? Again it isn’t the EFL who are stopping admins naming the preferred bidder? I’m not sure if there’s even been an actual offer for the club officially announced at any point?

Yes it is - because with the threat of those clubs hanging over,  bidders will not put themselves in the frame. catch-22 & double-bind & the EFL know that. 

Just now, Rich84 said:

Was just about to ask where @Owen87ITKis, we need an update, Sky sports news interrupted their headline running Djokovic news to state we in embargo again because of lack of funds.....

Right behind the administrators.... I'm struggling with that now, how can they give WR a positive vibe yesterday to us be back at square 1 today? 

We're being royally shafted.