The Administration Thread

Boycie

Said it before and will say it again, Ashley won’t come knocking until we’re seconds away from death. Which for a man of his wealth is taking the pee a bit as he can surely afford to step in now before anymore damage is inflicted?  

Or bell Morris could do the honourable thing and gift the club enough funds to see out the season and then we can crack on with contracts etc. 

2 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I suspect the twitter stuff about Jag's contract being cancelled is wrong. What it actually means is that his contract renewal to the end of the season cannot be completed, until the EFL have proof the club will have a positive cash balance to pay the outgoings until the end of the season. Last minute ducking and diving by potential preferred bidders may well be holding up things, or even a late bid coming in. Lets see, what's happened to the Gadsby involvement? That seems to have gone quiet, or has it?

His existing contract expires on 17 Jan so tomorrow should have been his last game before the renewal date. 

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m aware, sorry I should have been more specific in my wording, I’ll try again….

I don’t understand what the reasoning would be for cancelling his contract if it does in fact expire in 3 days anyway.  

Who has cancelled it, the club or Jagielka, if it's not being renewed there is probably another club wanting his services.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Er ... throw us out of the EFL? 

When challenged a few months back about what had the EFL ever done for Derby their only answer was they hadn't thrown us out of the EFL.. yet.

Er…..and how exactly would that resolve any of the issues mentioned? Plus, surely they can’t just kick us out because we can’t guarantee, at the moment, that we don’t have enough funds to see us through. I would imagine there would have to be some actual breach.

3 hours ago, JonnoDCFC said:

Unpopular opinion…

I think MM might just be a genius… hear me out…

DCFC cheat the FFP system (with EFL approval), to have a few great seasons at the top of the championship. Boro etc look on with green eyes and plot against us…

when they finally get their wish (points deduction, administration etc), the whole club pulls together and start to get results on the pitch, edging towards survival, new owners seem to be queuing up, and with MM making our only asset (stadium) off the chopping block for any creditors, there is little risk of liquidation…

That angry man in Middlesbrough must be FUMING!! And now we’re being linked with a 21million loan signing from united ?? imagine his face when reading that in the tabloids!! 

I would seriously try to chill out about the preferred bidder, it will come in time, despite whatever Gibson and the EFL try to throw at us… if anyone in football thought we were going to go bust why would anyone be bidding on our players? They would all be out of contract in a month anyway! No creditor will push for liquidation as we simply don’t have any assets to sell off…

WELL DONE MEL MORRIS ??

Barely 3 hours have passed and this is not looking to be aging particularly well Jonno......

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s very sad mate. 
As I said last night  EFL determined to inflict more pain .

Derby is not quite in a distressed enough state for Ashley to go in for the kill .

He will wait until the verge of liquidation .

Its what I’ve heard 

If he wants it that cheap then it would be no CVA and a 15 point deduction next season ( no players either )

The Jagielka issue is more likely to be more of a problem for Jagielka. If he was to play tomorrow and get injured, badly injured, and his contract expires 17 January he could be out of the game with no money for a considerable period of time. Shame, but Stearman will do a good job for us tomorrow. Jags will hopefully hang around the club a few days until the proof of funds has been lodged/accepted, and he can sign up again till the end of the season.