The Administration Thread

Boycie

I think the administrators will have a realistic idea as to what liquidation of the Club will raise. We know that the Stadium is separately owned. The Playing staff due mostly to the contract situation and the current market would IMO raise less than £15m. Kets generously say that the whole Club if liquidated could raise £20 - 25M but I doubt it, Any figure over the liquidation value is a positive result for the Administrators and Creditors. What would be the point of a forced liquidation to yield less of a payout for creditors??

Buyers and administrators will understand this equation but there will inevitably be brinkmanship. £30M with a CVA for HMRC and football creditors over a few years will not be far off the mark..........creditors will not be happy If the admins let a buyer slip through their fingers by trying to get to much and ending up with less.

24 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Surely one of the main things slowing the process down is the Boro/Wycombe claims-i dont think anyone can commit not knowing how much the club will possibly be liable for -if anything. 

The sort of people who spend millions on Football Clubs will be surrounded by Lawyers and people in the football industry. I think they will be able to see these claims for what they are...but set aside a couple of million in contingency.

34 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Surely one of the main things slowing the process down is the Boro/Wycombe claims-i dont think anyone can commit not knowing how much the club will possibly be liable for -if anything. 

If Natalie Jackson is correct and Andy Appleby is good to go, Then he/his consortium aint concerned, The Admins wouldn't give a flying about a future court battle now would they?

22 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I think the administrators will have a realistic idea as to what liquidation of the Club will raise. We know that the Stadium is separately owned. The Playing staff due mostly to the contract situation and the current market would IMO raise less than £15m. Kets generously say that the whole Club if liquidated could raise £20 - 25M but I doubt it, Any figure over the liquidation value is a positive result for the Administrators and Creditors. What would be the point of a forced liquidation to yield less of a payout for creditors??

Buyers and administrators will understand this equation but there will inevitably be brinkmanship. £30M with a CVA for HMRC and football creditors over a few years will not be far off the mark..........creditors will not be happy If the admins let a buyer slip through their fingers by trying to get to much and ending up with less.

If a club is liquidated then the player registrations revert to the League, so there will likely be no asset value for most creditors - other than the football creditors.

If the Administrators believe a liquidation is the only route they might consider a January firesale of all players to raise as much as possible before pulling the plug - but that won't raise anything like £15m I suspect.

Best outcome for ALL stakeholders is a sale as a going concern. But we all know that.

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If Natalie Jackson is correct and Andy Appleby is good to go, Then he/his consortium aint concerned, The Admins wouldn't give a flying about a future court battle now would they?

They may be good to go, but they may also have submitted a cheeky low ball initial bid, we just don't know.

9 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

If a club is liquidated then the player registrations revert to the League, so there will likely be no asset value for most creditors - other than the football creditors.

If the Administrators believe a liquidation is the only route they might consider a January firesale of all players to raise as much as possible before pulling the plug - but that won't raise anything like £15m I suspect.

Best outcome for ALL stakeholders is a sale as a going concern. But we all know that.

EFL despite their dislike of us currently would also have to explain why they allowed a founder member to be liquidated.

The club could run at a profit in L1 with 15000 filled stadium so I can see no sense in liquidation as a worse case scenario.

10 minutes ago, Maharan said:

They may be good to go, but they may also have submitted a cheeky low ball initial bid, we just don't know.

CK quits the auction and spits his dummy out, There's a 7 figure higher bid, Admin say the PB is imminent, Appleby alledgedly says "we're good to go", So with the annoucment of "imminent" suggests Admin are happy with a figure offered otherwise why "imminent" Are you suggesting that Applebys "initial low ball bid" was rejected if so why "we're good to go" If so, There's a 7 figure higher offer from another bidder, Which can only be Gadsy and Co as only 2 bidders according to Admin, Unless there's a counter offer from Yet another bidder that we're not aware of.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Which can only be Gadsy and Co as only 2 bidders according to Admin, Unless there's a counter offer from Yet another bidder that we're not aware of.

It's Mike Ashley - but on the proviso that Mel adds that much-vaunted roof on Pride Park.

Then it will be the perfect place to store the megatons of Lonsdale branded sports gear he can't shift.