Blackpool (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

3 hours ago, jono said:

And judging by your earlier posts .. if he pulled out you’d have said he was a wus. 

Lawrence played well, instigated the goal, grafted. Made mistakes but so did others. Why the agenda ? He’s a Ram, how about being a supporter instead 

Yes I am no fan of his, he did have 3 good games and I gave him due credit during those games, the last game he was crap and today made the pass to Jozwiak to have a shot which we scored from, I don't think he did much else, he had a few shots, as normal nothing on target, he did graft but then came the stupid foul of going through a player, he got a yellow, other days you get a red for that.

I don't have an agenda and I will say it as I see it, same as you have, It doesn't make me less of a supporter by discussing good parts and bad parts of the play or the player.

Edited by LincsRam
Spellings

Poor game really, two teams that struggle to score goals and it showed, however the entertainment levels are secondary at the minute.

Plange impressed though, nice of the EFL to allow us to bring him through, looks more ready for first team football than Stretton, even offered more than CKR on the pitch of late as well. 

Saying that, I don't want to be too critical of CKR, I'm sure he came back well ahead of schedule in a needs must situation and it's showed.

Plange looks like he has enough about him to lead the line for the remainder of the season, we need a striker but given the situation it looks highly unlikely to happen.

3 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Jason Knight showed today why hes destined to play in the Premier League , a great , all action , non stop running display , simply first class , hope we can keep hold of him till the end of the season

He should have been made captain in all honesty, love the guy, gives it his all every single game, can't remember the last time you could dig him out and say he was poor.

(Missed the game last week so hope he didn't have a stinker).

He sets an example not just for academy players looking to come through, but experienced pros.

Resigned myself to losing him in the near future, I just hope we get compensated well, he needs to be going for more money than Hendrick.

7 hours ago, David said:

He should have been made captain in all honesty, love the guy, gives it his all every single game, can't remember the last time you could dig him out and say he was poor.

(Missed the game last week so hope he didn't have a stinker).

He sets an example not just for academy players looking to come through, but experienced pros.

Resigned myself to losing him in the near future, I just hope we get compensated well, he needs to be going for more money than Hendrick.

Funny you mentioning Captain. I certainly believe he has Captain material written across his forehead. I think Lawrence is captain for motivational reasons …. and it’s working.

But; The real captain, by a long way is Curtis .. Did you see what happened in the ref incidents and when he waved at Tommo when he came on the pitch ? everything in his position, signalling and who the players looked to, all came from Curtis. He is very special in my book. 

12 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

The lawrence card was thoroughly deserved. Ref wasn’t great though. 

It probably was, even though it was his first bad challenge. But if that was justified, there were 4 or 5 occasions when Blackpool players should gave been carded - a foul on Bird as he was running through midway through the first half, and the foul thst effectively ended Max’s match in the second half. The player went straight through him and put a foot in his face. 

12 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Jason Knight showed today why hes destined to play in the Premier League , a great , all action , non stop running display , simply first class , hope we can keep hold of him till the end of the season

100% agree. 
Jason Knight has a terrific engine and attitude. Great player. 

Will be sorry to lose him if he goes but he is certainly better than League 1 and deserves a crack at playing at a higher level. 

Only had RD to go on but speaking to my family at half time who were at the game, basically said first half was most boring game they’ve seen in a while. Derby dominated the ball but didn’t create anything but weren’t troubled by Blackpool.

Second half sounded like we upped the tempo at the key moments and got a deserved win. To do that with an already threadbare squad plus 7 in self isolation for Covid is excellent. Got to go again against Cardiff as if we could get a win there then the fools hope starts building again.

Didn’t come over on RD but my brother reckoned Bird was the standout thing performer. Lawrence is involved in all the goals we’re scoring at the moment. Jozwiak sounded like he had a decent game and was unlucky not to score, and then we get to Plange - given time he could be the proper striker we’ve been missing.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Only had RD to go on but speaking to my family at half time who were at the game, basically said first half was most boring game they’ve seen in a while. Derby dominated the ball but didn’t create anything but weren’t troubled by Blackpool.

Second half sounded like we upped the tempo at the key moments and got a deserved win. To do that with an already threadbare squad plus 7 in self isolation for Covid is excellent. Got to go again against Cardiff as if we could get a win there then the fools hope starts building again.

Didn’t come over on RD but my brother reckoned Bird was the standout thing performer. Lawrence is involved in all the goals we’re scoring at the moment. Jozwiak sounded like he had a decent game and was unlucky not to score, and then we get to Plange - given time he could be the proper striker we’ve been missing.

It’s true there wasn’t a lot of quality in the first half but I didn’t find it boring. There were gaps behind both defences but neither side was able to capitalise. 

Bird was MOM when he was on and the challenge he put in to get injured was fantastic. 

Knight pushed him close for his endeavour and Curtis saved us on a number of occasions. Lavery looked dangerous for them and Anderson was always at the heart of their best moves.

We deserved our win and whilst Jozwiak was good yesterday I would play Thompson next week alongside Bird and Shinnie with Knight supporting Lawrence and Plange.

Well done all at PP yesterday, All deserve better, I was at Belper watching their defeat against Chasetown, Don't want to sound patronising...but this was propper football for me, A couple of beers in the George, Terrace, Beer while watching, Cheeseburger...meh, Men and women with their pet dogs, An old boy with his walking frame...I think her name was Sandra, An enjoyable day made better by DCFC winning Sesame Street Flirting GIF

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

It probably was, even though it was his first bad challenge. But if that was justified, there were 4 or 5 occasions when Blackpool players should gave been carded - a foul on Bird as he was running through midway through the first half, and the foul thst effectively ended Max’s match in the second half. The player went straight through him and put a foot in his face. 

Husband took our players out 4 different times when we were attacking, got nary a word from the ref (took Plange out twice).

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bird displayed sharp wits and bravery on several occasions along with some neat passing .. he was really up for it yesterday.

I was too far away to clearly see the incident in the second half where he got a knock on the head, but in the first half when we were defending, he was central, quite high up the pitch but he spotted a danger from distance - ran back through the middle and a crowd of theirs, killed a potential goal by chasing down their man on the D from behind. It was unexpected, really was intelligent, snuffed out a good chance because he was wide awake, alert and watching. 

I couldn't go as I was too bogged down with work unfortunately so I listened to Radio Derby. It sounded like a good performance following the covid outbreak and a necessary change in shape. Our form of 1 win in 11 should have told us that changes were needed anyway rather than this being forced upon us. It sounded like we were solid if unspectacular with few chances for either side. Hopefully, this result can give the players a renewed sense of confidence to pick up a few wins and get a winning mentality that we'll need to adopt next season if we're to make a promotion push from league 1.  

28 minutes ago, jono said:

Bird displayed sharp wits and bravery on several occasions along with some neat passing .. he was really up for it yesterday.

I was too far away to clearly see the incident in the second half where he got a knock on the head, but in the first half when we were defending, he was central, quite high up the pitch but he spotted a danger from distance - ran back through the middle and a crowd of theirs, killed a potential goal by chasing down their man on the D from behind. It was unexpected, really was intelligent, snuffed out a good chance because he was wide awake, alert and watching. 

I thought their player only caught him because Bird slipped.