Davies 7

Shinnie 6

Bird 6.5

Thompson 6.5

Morrison 5

Knight 6

Lawrence 6.5

Roos 6 Puts the fear of God into me

Byrne 6 Avreage Championship right back, good McGrathesque tackle.

Forsyth 5 Can’t be a high pressing full back

Jagielka 7 solid, would get in most top6 teams.

Davies 6 Ditto

Shinnie 7 Great assist and ground covered, WTF was he doing for goal 1.

Bird 6 not his best game, passing radar off.

Thompson 9 Big prospect, like to see him have a few shots.

Morrison 2.5 out of position but was strolling, hissy fit on substitution.

Knight 8 ran himself into the ground, what an engine the boy has.

Lawrence 8 cracking finish, needs a bit more composure sometimes.

CKR 1 . Unless we’re going to start lumping it he’s finished.

Jozwiak 2 Don’t understand how a Polish international can be so bad.

Ebosele 6 Electric pace, may develop into a Premier league player.

Roos - 3, challenging for the title of worst distribution in the EFL. Takes years off my life whenever the ball is at his feet or he comes out of his goal. Couple of decent stops but my word, he's a hazard.

Byrne - 5.5, willing runner but looked shaky, nearly set Lawrence up for a second with a good run and cut back.

Forsyth - 3, not his fault that he was used as a target man for 70 minutes which clearly isn't his strength, but does not look anywhere near match fit and was found out every time he had to make a pass/do any defending.

Jagielka - 5.5, been solid this season but wasn't near his best tonight. 

Davies - 6.5, best of the back 4 tonight for me.

Shinnie - 6, great assist but looks knackered, given the miles he puts in every week surely we need to look at rotating the midfield 3 more.

Bird - 6, nothing special but fairly tidy

Thompson - 7, baller, 3rd professional game (?) and he was the most composed player on the pitch with the ball at his feet. Again.

Morrison - 4, like a few others just looks either completely knackered or not match fit. Got to give Watson/Sibley a go at CAM next game, I beg you.

Knight - 7, Duracell bunny, with quality anorl. Nearly forced a second goal for us before half time with his running, but like the rest looked knackered come 65 minutes. 

Lawrence - 6.5, took his goal amazingly, if we get anywhere close to 21st this season his goals are going to carry us. Drifts in and out of games but we know that, unlucky not to get a second after Byrne's pull back got caught under his feet. 

A word on Rooney, been immense since this whole shower started but I feel these are games he'll look back on with a few more years' experience under his belt and regret not making changes sooner/rotating the starting 11. I understand the desire to keep a settled 11, but with such a threadbare squad and the general lack of subs he's made so far, a few players are looking completely shattered. Why Joz was his first change tonight as well is beyond me, just didn't seem like the game he'd be able to affect. 

Roos 6 - couple of good stops, did well to close down Chair in the first half too. His kicking wasn't even that bad last night, he was doing what Rooney asks for regarding making them press so we can expose gaps in behind. I think there was one to Lawrence in the second half which was poor, but other than that his kicking was fine. Also had fans moaning at him for slowing the game down yet his defenders were telling him to calm it down after he claimed a corner.

Byrne 6 - Few bits of decent defending at the back post, but caught gazing for their 2nd.

Forsyth 4 - Poor. Clear he hasn't got the legs anymore and some of his crossing was below average. 

Jagielka 6.5 - Best of the back 4 for me, pretty solid.

Davies 4.5 - Probably a controversial one, but I thought he was quite poor. There were plenty of times he kept playing strikers onside when if he stepped up half a yard, they'd be offside. For their first he was the defender playing Austin onside and all he needed to do was just step up half a yard and he'd have been offside. THEN, started running towards Austin when Thompson and Jags (who screamed at Davies to mark Willock) but just ran into no mans land and didn't stop the cross, poor.

Shinnie 5 - First half good and a decent assist, but second half he was really poor. Look absolutely shattered, was outpaced  by Austin when he had 20 yards on him. Inexcusable defending for their first.

Bird 6.5 - Wanted to get on the ball and progress, but feel like our attackers didn't offer him enough going forward.

Thompson 7 - All action, good performance. 

Morrison 3 - If Morrison is going to play, you need him on the ball influencing the game, not stuck up front chasing defenders shadows.

Knight 6 - Won free kicks really well, but felt like he didn't offer much going forward.

Lawrence 6.5 - Decent goal but didn't really do much.

Subs: 

CKR: 4 - Offered nothing, lazy.

Joswiak 4.5 - Couldn't really get involved considering how poor we were attacking, felt sorry for him.

Ebsoele 5 - Didn't have long enough to affect the game, did a few decent runs though.

Edited by Jubbs
Wording

Roos - 6 - a couple of good stops and punches but kicking suspect 

Byrne - 6.5 - thought he had a reasonable steady game 

Forsyth - 5.5 - Poor defensively but first half excellent going forward, 2 or 3 excellent balls into the box where a decent striker would have been to get a shot on goal - we don’t have a decent striker unfortunately 

Jagielka - 6.5

Davies - 6.5

Shinnie - 6.5 - Ran himself into the ground and faded badly. Still decent overall

Bird - 7 - can play better made some good defensive challenges. Still looking to get us playing but QPR controlled that midfield 

Thompson 7.5 - Continues to impress still taking the safe option too often but that will improve with time

Morrison - 5 - Felt sorry for him, thankless task playing that role, doesn’t have the pace or physicality for it. Completely ineffective but played out of position 

Lawrence - 8 - MOM. Great goal, didn’t stop working, excellent pressing and involved in everything good that we did. 

CKR - 5 - ineffective again, still getting over the injury I reckon 

Jozwiak - 5 - just doesn’t look anything like it. Either find a way to use him or he has to go.

Ebosele - 6.5 - Good impact off the bench caused problems 

Overall, thought Rooney was a bit harsh in assessment (although I’m pleased he is as that means he’s setting high standards) sure we didn’t hit the heights of Bournemouth and parts of the Fulham game but it wasn’t a bad performance by any means. We were beaten by a better team with better players

On 29/11/2021 at 22:25, hintonsboots said:

Shinnie 7 Great assist and ground covered, WTF was he doing for goal 1.

This ?

Jags pointed at who to mark too - then he did the hard work to catch him - then wandered off

mindless

But for those who jump on opinions - I do like him and that pass for the goal was great