Fundraiser for St John's Ambulance

cool_as_custard

15 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Fantastic news that St John's Ambulance have been paid for their hard work and hopefully that is one less creditor for the club to pay moving foward.

It doesn't clear the debt, but it does cover more than they could lose, which is great. 

It would be great if some of the football creditors who'll be paid in full and who could probably afford to swallow the loss agreed to compensate some of the unsecured creditors most at risk, but that won't happen either. 

It's not hard to see why HMRC oppose the Football Creditors rule. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Because football creditors have to be paid first. That’s the EFL rules.

Football creditors do not have to be paid first when a business is a going concern. That decision is in the gift of the owner. It is only when in insolvency procedures that football creditors have some preferred status.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Football creditors do not have to be paid first when a business is a going concern. That decision is in the gift of the owner. It is only when in insolvency procedures that football creditors have some preferred status.

That might be to alleviate the possibility of a 'snowball effect' where club 'A' goes into administration, cannot afford to pay club 'B' and club 'C', who likewise then find that they are tipped over the edge and have to take similar action.

We'd soon run out of administrators.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

That might be to alleviate the possibility of a 'snowball effect' where club 'A' goes into administration, cannot afford to pay club 'B' and club 'C', who likewise then find that they are tipped over the edge and have to take similar action.

We'd soon run out of administrators.

Whereas the current procedure means that when Derby County goes bust, they quickly get followed by "Derby Fire Safety Ltd", "Chad Floors inc", "Spondon Office Supplies", "Alvaston Bye-Lines and Goal-Post Supplies", and "BeerTent Billy & sons" etc.  So that's not so bad!  Keep's the football authorities happy, I guess!

In all honesty, I cannot believe they can (legally) get away with such a rule (giving preference to football related debts)? But they seem to be able to?  ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well even before we went into admin player wages did have to be paid first otherwise you get into bigger poo than if you don’t pay some other bills . 

On 22/11/2021 at 13:07, cool_as_custard said:

Rams fan Andy Mitchell is fundraising for St John's Ambulance to see if he/we can raise the £8,000 that Mel left them hanging for. Going well so far but if anyone can help here is the link:-

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stjohndcfc?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socpledgemobile&utm_content=stjohndcfc&utm_campaign=post-pledge-mobile&utm_term=K6Yx7jQn6

Thanks for posting the link, I'd heard this but not got around to chipping in - this gave me the nudge I needed.

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Whereas the current procedure means that when Derby County goes bust, they quickly get followed by "Derby Fire Safety Ltd", "Chad Floors inc", "Spondon Office Supplies", "Alvaston Bye-Lines and Goal-Post Supplies", and "BeerTent Billy & sons" etc.  So that's not so bad!  Keep's the football authorities happy, I guess!

In all honesty, I cannot believe they can (legally) get away with such a rule (giving preference to football related debts)? But they seem to be able to?  ?‍♂️

Surely as we’re a football club there all football related debts.Disgraceful rule.

On 23/11/2021 at 19:19, Pearl Ram said:

Somebody should retweet that St John Ambulance tweet to the Daily Mail. They’ve had nothing good to report on us for a while, it would be interesting if they took the story up or blanked it for not fitting their agenda.

(I don’t do twitter myself otherwise I would send them it myself)

The Daily Mail doesn’t use good news.?‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The Daily Mail doesn’t use good news.?‍♂️

How could "good people do a good thing" install the correct amount of seething rage that all daily mail articles are duty bound to create in their readers?

Modern times, bad creates clicks and revenue and the daily mail is very successful.