Bournemouth (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

It’s got nothing to do with tactics. They have much better players it’s as simple as that

It's got everything to do with tactics.

That's what English football is based on. If the team with the best 11 players won every game, football would die in empty stadiums.

A lesser team of average players, playing to their strengths, and knowing their weaknesses, with a competent manager and with tactics suited to those strengths and weaknesses, should be capable of giving anybody a game.

We have an obvious weakness in the way we play, the opposition know it, but we keep doing it. For God's sake why?

As others have said, play like this in League 1 and we'll struggle big style.

Sort it out Wayne!

3 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Why do people keep slagging off Roos? He's clearly being told to play this way but he's obviously limited by his ability. This could be the reason why Marshall isn't playing because he refuses to play this style? Ultimately Rooney is the only one who can influence this... recognise our limitations and adapt accordingly. Roos is only doing what's asked of him.

Exactly, knock the pis*ing about at the back on the head. Clear it down the lines. Was an accident waiting to happen. We haven’t got the players to implement it…

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

5 at the back, Ebosele has to much space to cover, The young debutant lad should come off, Bird and Shinnie, Knight on the right with CKR and Lawrence hopefully playing off him...and stop playing from the back

well we can and have gone longer more often now CKR is on but it has also meant we are conceding more and more possession. 

I think we have Buchanan one side who is very much a full back and Ebosele the other who is very much a wing back. 

No easy answers.  

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can anybody explain to me in simple terms, what is the point of a centre back taking goal kicks, unless the keeper has pulled a hammy ??

There aint an explanation, Our coaches see Premier teams do it, Unfortunately our players are aren't at that standard

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

What about the other 16 games they have played that had them top of the league?

Of course they have a far deeper and more expensive squad than us..

Just a pity we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with very basic errors but we have played ok..

Of course they have a much better squad,  but he emplied that's why we are losing which I've said is nonsense as we have gifted them goals through errors 

Someone moved the east side touch line. 
I don’t ever recall having the sun in my eyes before in my NE corner seat. 
first time I’ve noticed this bod on the mic. Is he new?  Has the yoof been laid off?

enjoying the attitude of the players. They’re giving it their best shot. ?

7 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Why do people keep slagging off Roos? He's clearly being told to play this way but he's obviously limited by his ability. This could be the reason why Marshall isn't playing because he refuses to play this style? Ultimately Rooney is the only one who can influence this... recognise our limitations and adapt accordingly. Roos is only doing what's asked of him.

What pass it to their striker? A professional goalkeeper who plays with a football nearly everyday of his life can’t control the ball within a yard of himself shouldn’t be playing 

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Someone moved the east side touch line. 
I don’t ever recall having the sun in my eyes before in my NE corner seat. 
first time I’ve noticed this bod on the mic. Is he new?  Has the yoof been laid off?

enjoying the attitude of the players. They’re giving it their best shot. ?

Climate change mate