Millwall (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

How many games have we had Shinnie Knight and Bird have not played many games together this season, and I wouldn't say they are problematic playing together. 

It allows Knight and Shinnie to get forward when needed - certainly looked good today..

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Do the BBC actually send a reporter to the games?

he Rams had won on their two previous visits to The Den and despite being without Ravel Morrison because of suspension, they gave as good as they got in the first 45 minutes.

Gave as good as we got ????  We dominated pretty much the entire half..

And despite being without Ravel Morrison ? I would say on his recent form it was an advantage not having him today.

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The only way that is going to happen is if we're able to sign a striker, which i very much doubt we'll be able to do. 

If we get this second points deduction we definitely wont and i'd rather get it this season rather than start next year with a points deduction as well.

sooner start next season in the champ,points deduction or not,than start on the road to oblivion aka sunderland,ipswich and the likes,in league one.its a long way back that wont come straight away,without a lot of luck,that has sadly been missing for a while now

The Morrison we've seen in the last half dozen matches is different to the role he was playing earlier in the season. He's dropping deep to pick up the ball whilst we need his quality further up the pitch where he can be more effective - reminds me very much how Will Hughes was used towards the latter part of his time with us. Bird is more than good enough to start build-ups from deep.

I do believe there are Gods of football, I just wonder what we have done to offend them. This is excruciating 

if we’d lost you could go in to full self destruct. If we’d won there would be that glimmer of hope.

Right now it’s like we are constantly being shown the instruments of torture.
sooner or later we will win a game emphatically.. gasp for breath .. only to be dunked in it when we lose to a dodgy penalty decision or 93 min winner. 

37 minutes ago, AGR said:

Anyone else think that Millwalls concussion sub was a bit dodgy or am I just being sceptical? 

Dont think they had made a sub before then so see no reason why at that point they would lie to give themselves & us the extra sub?

16 minutes ago, jono said:

I do believe there are Gods of football, I just wonder what we have done to offend them. This is excruciating 

if we’d lost you could go in to full self destruct. If we’d won there would be that glimmer of hope.

Right now it’s like we are constantly being shown the instruments of torture.
sooner or later we will win a game emphatically.. gasp for breath .. only to be dunked in it when we lose to a dodgy penalty decision or 93 min winner. 

It's not Gods though is it? Its dodgy refs and linos. That isn't bad luck, it's bad officiating. 

So now we are 20th in the table without the 12 points deduction. This is the only table that we can use to compare our performance with other teams this season. But not bad for a club in administration which drew today, away from home, against a team who are now 9th and beat their last opponents 7-0.  COYR!!

Midfield trio of Knight, Bird and Shinnie were fantastic today. Hard to see Ravel coming back into the side. Each to a man gave everything and once again, we come away with a point with ten men (harsh red at that too). The thugs did miss a couple sitters mind. I think Wazza should send Roos to specsavers... or show him how brave men handle a hand grenade situation.

Encouraging none the less, Up the Rams !

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It's not Gods though is it? Its dodgy refs and linos. That isn't bad luck, it's bad officiating. 

We can play like demons, put in 100% every game - these are things we have control over, but we can sadly never have any control over poor refs or linesmen. We just have to control the things we can control. Sadly it's the same for all of us both inside and outside football. Hope that's cheered you up, Pete!?

8 minutes ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

Midfield trio of Knight, Bird and Shinnie were fantastic today. Hard to see Ravel coming back into the side. Each to a man gave everything and once again, we come away with a point with ten men (harsh red at that too). The thugs did miss a couple sitters mind. I think Wazza should send Roos to specsavers... or show him how brave men handle a hand grenade situation.

Encouraging none the less, Up the Rams !

Or just play Allsop?