Rams vs Barnsley (A) Matchday Thread

angieram

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I just don’t get the virtual wing back system with just 2 ageing centre halves……go the whole hog and play 3 at the back with wing backs. 

yep, been saying this for a little while.

3 CB's would also mean we don't have to have our midfielders dropping back to cover all the time.

Also we are severely lacking real wingers anyway so 3 at the back seems logical.

Poor performance and just sums up where we are at right now. The 2nd goal is absolutely criminal. Hands are tied with the restrictions, but so many players just not good enough. Roos, Fozzy, CKR, Baldock all nowhere near if we want to compete in this league. Plenty others underperforming as well...particularly Lawrence who needs to do so much more.

Morrison as likely as anyone and needs to pick up the ball in and around the box as much as possible. Great quality at times 2nd half. Ebosele should be playing off the right hand side, kept coming inside running into bodies off the left as doesn't have a left foot.

Think a change of formation is needed to mix it up:

Marshall

Jagielka Stearman Davies

Ebsoele                              Buchanan

Bird     Shinnie

Morrison

Lawrence  Stretton

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Well, as much as I hate to say it, we're screwed ?

We're screwed if we carry on playing like that, Forsyth and Buchanon wouldn't make a good left back together after that performance, There wasn't even a bright spark, The header that hit the bar should have hit the net...that was as poor as our defending.

The Management team have a shedload on their plate with this squad, The fight was extinguished by a team that was as bad as us

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's be honest we're down. We all know it.

Our only hope is to get points back with the appeal, a new owner and a few new players in January.

Tonight was a shambles. Bar hitting the bar at the end, I never once felt like we were going to score at all.

Quite a few times we've got full backs in space overlapping and someone decides to have a shot from 25-30 yards instead.

Morrison did it twice, with Byrne in acres of space down the right.

Sibley when he can on. Had Ebosele and Buchanan in acres and decide to shoot.

Morrison doesn't offer us anything at all. Spends most the game playing as the third centre half. Suspended on Saturday and I think we'll play better without him.

Anybody notice captain Tom today? Said it a hundred times. Goes missing far too often. 

The defending for that second goal was a complete disgrace and we deserved to lose that game based on that alone.

Fair enough assessment ?

Just now, Ramdale said:

Poor performance and just sums up where we are at right now. The 2nd goal is absolutely criminal. Hands are tied with the restrictions, but so many players just not good enough. Roos, Fozzy, CKR, Baldock all nowhere near if we want to compete in this league. Plenty others underperforming as well...particularly Lawrence who needs to do so much more.

Morrison as likely as anyone and needs to pick up the ball in and around the box as much as possible. Great quality at times 2nd half. Ebosele should be playing off the right hand side, kept coming inside running into bodies off the left as doesn't have a left foot.

Think a change of formation is needed to mix it up:

Marshall

Jagielka Stearman Davies

Ebsoele                              Buchanan

Bird     Shinnie

Morrison

Lawrence  Stretton

I'd like to see something like this , although I drop lawrence he's been irrelevant for months 

Terrible result and performance. Why is Lawrence still captain? Take that off him NOW! He cannot motivate himself let alone players around him! Poor all round! Only people who turned up was Ebosele and possibly Bird. Our supporters were magnificent, turned up in great numbers and sang their hearts out especially first half. They didn't deserve this abject performance. Rooney will now have to start earning his corn more than ever now. The next three matches are key. Anything less than 6 points from these games and we are down, unfortunately. UTR

10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Let’s put it into perspective. Without any points deduction, we’d still be 20th which isn’t good enough for the players we have. 

Really? So you believe there are more than five clubs in the division with a weaker, thinner, less balanced squad than the one Derby scraped together last summer?

What’s everyone’s opinion on Rooney as manager as a curiosity now we are a third through the season. Won 3 drawn 8 lost 5 from 16. Does everyone think he’s doing a good job.

my opinion is if it was cocu his name would have got battered after the last 2 games but because he’s publicly said he’s not going anywhere he’s getting a bit of a breather. Style of play I still don’t understand what we do. 

one credit I will give him is max bird shay a transformation to his game