Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Nothing has really changed has it? Preferred bidder imminent? Takeover hopefully before end of January? I mean this has hardly changed since the administrators came in?

That word imminent always raises a smile.

The BZI takeover was imminent for weeks and months.

You can't deny the preffered bidder target has been put back, twice in 24 hours actually. Surely that's an indication that things aren't quite going as planned.

And when you say things have "hardly changed", we have gone from a takeover being completed "by January", to "early January" and now "by late January".

It isn't January without a failed takeover. Hopefully this is 3rd time lucky.

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

He may have shareholdings as a Business Angel in lots of companies. He may have a huge share portfolio being managed by a stockbroker. He may have a substantial portfolio of property assets. He may have cash in the Bahamas. He may have 12 vintage Lamborghini's in storage, and a yacht in San Marino.

San Marino is landlocked so that'd be another failed purchase by him!

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Yes but wasn’t that window essentially extended because it took the EFL so long to finally sort out the points deduction? 

B&W Together tweeted yesterday preferred bidder should be by end of next week. 

Yes, as I said later in the post, blame the usual suspects, EFL, Gibson.  

44 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Nothing has really changed has it? Preferred bidder imminent? Takeover hopefully before end of January? I mean this has hardly changed since the administrators came in?

They said hopefully before Christmas. Now hopefully before end of January. So we have lost a month . So far. But still hopeful. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

They said hopefully before Christmas. Now hopefully before end of January. So we have lost a month . So far. But still hopeful. 

First interview they ever did they said the process could take longer than January to complete. 

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

First interview they ever did they said the process could take longer than January to complete. 

Their first interview said they were 95% sure that we would avoid liquidation. So they reckoned that we could go bust.. yes we could take until after January but you would hope it wouldn't take much longer especially given the fees they are charging. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Am I missing a recent update given how more anxious than before some people are getting?

I’m sure they say in the interview two weeks ago, before the Bournemouth game that the takeover wasn’t likely to be completed until late January.

Some people are getting jittery following the Daily Mail clickbait from a few days ago I think.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Am I missing a recent update given how more anxious than before some people are getting?

I’m sure they say in the interview two weeks ago, before the Bournemouth game that the takeover wasn’t likely to be completed until late January.

Preferred bidder was supposed to be chosen three weeks ago, then this week, then next week and now, according to todays statement this month. Hopefully.  

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Preferred bidder was supposed to be chosen three weeks ago, then this week, then next week and now, according to todays statement this month. Hopefully.  

Isn’t next week still this month??

I don’t remember exactly what they said in the pre-Bournemouth interview but, from memory, I wasn’t expecting a preferred bidder much before Xmas.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Isn’t next week still this month??

I don’t remember exactly what they said in the pre-Bournemouth interview but, from memory, I wasn’t expecting a preferred bidder much before Xmas.

Quote Tweet

Black & White Together

@dcfcbawt

· Dec 2

Black & White Together Update: Quantuma have assured BAWT that they are still hopeful of identifying the preferred bidder for Derby County by the end of next week, this is in line with previously communicated timescale. #DCFC #BAWT #dcfcfans

6:52 PM · Dec 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Well one day later we are told they are hopeful of this happening before end of the month. Seems to be more slippage and as I say on Talk Sport it wa shopeful in October this would happen within thre eto four weeks.

There is definite slippage . Make of that what you will. EFL , maybe HMRC , Gibson etc being awkward etc. Things often take longer than you hope. They still say they are hopeful.

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Does anyone actually feel worried regarding liquidation? I don't know if I'm numb to it all now, but whilst I hope that we get taken over and everything normalises and we can concentrate on the football again, with a steady team in League One and a competitive side with minimal off-the-field drama. 

The journey of a non-league club provides a different source of entertainment, a rebranding, a fan-led phoenix club... we will always have a club in Derby and it's important to take heart in that. If the fans continue to stick together, I'm really open to whatever the outcome.

I sort of feel the same. If there is a stadium to go to that I can get to reasonable easily then I’ll be there .. hey if it’s the Warburtons milk roll league division 3 and Derby County are playing then bring it on .. It’s all about a sporting mind. Two strong men standing face to face even though they come from the ends of the earth ( or Buxton ) 

I suspect that as Cloughie said, this is a football town.. we could end up none league but with 10,000 turning up at pride park. I’d be going that’s for sure. 

29 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Think so. I guess because it’s about protecting HMRC in cases where the insolvent party withheld tax from payments made to third parties and didn’t pass it on

Ok so as I say it sabout £2m to £3 m non preferred, the rest non preferred. As in we would prefer it if HMRc were paid but if there is not enough money they will have to take a hit like everyone else.

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Who knows? Anyway unfortunately he cannot be forced to pay off our debts whether you, me or whoever would like him to. 

so it’s no use Ed Dawes or Kieran Maguire or anybody saying he needs to do this . Unfortunately there is no legal power to enforce anything and anyway we don’t know whether he has £56 million in readies anyway.

Doubtful he has much in readies, had to wait to get a couple of million to pay the wages when he thought he had a buyer to take over from Jan 1st. On his radio Derby interview he claimed to be out of money and as we know covid was at least the tipping point for the rams, what we don't know is if he lost money on other investments due to covid

12 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

It won’t be a long drawn out death..

We've been seriously ill for over two years now, and have had various scans and tests done over the past 18months. Cancer was confirmed in September, and we're currently having chemotherapy.

Drawn out enough, I'd say!