Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

On 23/12/2021 at 18:05, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The optimistic posters, or even the realistic ones, haven't been too right in the last few years have they.

Because being right is what it's all about, right? I guess it is if seeking the validation of strangers is a matter of concern. 

People might not like what he says, but he is far more likely to be right than most people on here.

Ok then mate, let's see if we get liquidated.

Ooooh, I really hope I'm right!

I've read post after post from people stating we won't get points deductions, from people claiming to know accounting laws and God knows what else that had me thinking things would be OK.

We were told that by either method, straight line or ERV, we were within FFP limits. That proved to be untrue. 

Also, the chaps telling you they 'knew accounting laws' (Carnero et al) are mostly accountants, so there's that.  Here's a fun fact for you: ERV amortisation policies are FRS 102 compliant. The initial discrepancy (for which we ultimately received a £100,000 fine) was for the way we described said policy in our accounts which was deemed to be not misleading, but 'unclear'. Subsequent deductions resulted from the re-submitted figures which ultimately showed us to have breached limits and plus the mandatory 12 points for the club being placed in administration. Really odd that you still can't grasp this fact.

And, FWIW, I don't have an issue with folk who choose to spend their days posting unsubstantiated, melodramatic poo for strangers to read. That's the internet, isn't it? I just get weary of folk who post the same dreary BS a dozen times a day without ever providing any reasoning for their opinions. Hard to understand really, but they do say misery loves company, right?

Naively, I favour posts that try to lift the mood, though I concede there's little to be cheery about right now. As it is, that seems to place me in the minority right now, but I can live with that.

Merry Christmas x

12 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Naively, I favour posts that try to lift the mood, though I concede there's little to be cheery about right now. As it is, that seems to place me in the minority right now, but I can live with that.

Merry Christmas x

CK has flushed out our bidder, they're there in for us, while it might not be a billionaire if it saves us then hoorah.

21 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Either the administrators know what they are doing and have decided there is a better interested party than Kirchner, or we are heading towards the end of DCFC.

Kirchner clearly met all of the administrators wishes in terms of finance, he was vocal in what he wanted to do and achieve, he was backed by Rooney, Stretford and Cook. So, if there is a better option  than Kirchner I cannot wait to find out who they are.

Irrespective of the soundbites along the lines 'best fit for the club..',  it comes down to a number, it always does..... 

18 hours ago, Oldben said:

Why should bidders have to wait for administrators to deal with creditors and hmrc.

It's insulting to bidders, wealthy bidders have teams of people who are more than capable of settling those issues.

Kirchner said he believes there's only one other bidder for Derby and that their bid was no where near the 60 million he had offered, I believe him.

Administrators work for the creditors interests as far as they can and why this belief in Kirchner? Do you know him? If the admin won't name him as preferred bidder before Xmas then they are aware of problems in the bid. Perhaps HMRC won't negotiate over the money owed, or perhaps there's a problem with the Dell loan for PP? Whatever, it's not a rosy outlook and I can see a fire sale to the level of the Wigan one in January. 

7 minutes ago, Hordh said:

Why, he's only stating the truth again. CK was overselling himself, courting people through twitter. Worse than Morris as an owner and nothing more than timewaster for the administrators. 

I don't think he was worse than Morris as an owner. After all, he never actually ever owned us. ?

22 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

WOW.

Hes gonna have to do some serious back tracking sharpish ???

Seriously overstepped the mark hasn’t he ??‍♂️

Why? 

He's calling BS on Kirchner's bid, which always seemed possible. 

Twitter is a childs playground, let's not act surprised when people on there act childish.

Is Maguire a Derby fan?  His tweets read like someone who is disgruntled at how poorly Morris ran the club, and seemingly went out his way to evidence it, through wanting things to be done correctly, even at risk of harming the club.

Can't see why else he'd seem so passionate against CK clearly using the club to promote himself.  He's got loads of free advertisement out of being so public in his bid, when reading his tweets yesterday, he seems to lack a basic grasp of having to pay off the debts, but thinking he could negotiate how they were paid off with the admin, when it's not in their control anyway.

Edited by SBW

8 minutes ago, SBW said:

Is Maguire a Derby fan?  His tweets read like someone who is disgruntled at how poorly Morris ran the club, and seemingly went out his way to evidence it, through wanting things to be done correctly, even at risk of harming the club.

Can't see why else he'd seem so passionate against CK clearly using the club to promote himself.  He's got loads of free advertisement out of being so public in his bid, when reading his tweets yesterday, he seems to lack a basic grasp of having to pay off the debts, but thinking he could negotiate how they were paid off with the admin, when it's not in their control anyway.

I think he just dislikes people he thinks are charlatans and timewasters. He's a "traditional" football fan at heart. I've often disagreed with his takes on Derby, but in fairness he's been more right than wrong. 

8 hours ago, SBW said:

Those that can do. Those that cannot teach...

9 hours ago, SBW said:

Just down to ego and being the one who is right. Consequences be damned.

All very reasonable and polite when he goes on the radio or posts on here, but strikes me as the sort of bloke who'll wee up your back and tell you it's raining, all the while claiming to be fighting against such characters.

The ultimate irony is that if the EFL had actually listened to him and his busybodying, demanded we use a certain method etc (rather than letting us go on our merry way, overspending in multiple years) it could have helped save us a couple of years worth of punishments.

Edited by Coconut's Beard