Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So would you be happy if Kirchner employed Rooney after buying us? ? Perhaps they could get advice from Mel on employing a mnager?

I wonder who is actually the more wealthy, Rooney or Kirchner? Not completely impossible that Wazza could be a significant shareholder.

I'm starting to get a little concerned the Wycombe and Boro claims are going to prevent us being taken over any time soon.

The administrators said they have held constructive conversations with HMRC also, but after the EFL points deduction debacle I now take their words with a pinch of salt.

I truly hope I'm wrong, just a gut feeling I have.

Just read (yet another pessimistic) Matt Slater article in the Athletic. From his sources and I do think he’s genuine, the view from outside Derby within football, and from agents, insolvency experts, administrator, lawyers, brokers - most people he has spoken to think liquidation is a distinct possibility as the debts are just too high. He has taken this view from the start and to be honest, the things he cited in his latest article to justify his argument - the companies house statement of affairs -for the most part weren’t new news and don’t make our position more precarious.

But while I don’t share his pessimism, his article highlights the situation. We’re relying on someone seriously wealthy who potentially is prepared to pay over the odds because they can see long term potential and are prepared to risk losing money to fulfill an ambition of owning a football club.

We have posters saying they are not comfortable about how close Kirchner is to Rooney and his people and concerned that Rooney may have brought them in thus making him almost bulletproof in the job. We have people concerned at Rush/Appleby being involved again (even though they won’t - their in the game of bringing bidders to the table they won’t be around post acquisition). Quite simply we don’t have a bloody choice. There’s 4 at the moment who is to say the other 3 won’t walk away, or god forbid all 4. Quite simply we don’t have a bloody choice who we get, we should accept whoever we get from these 4 credible bidders with open arms because it will mean the club is saved whatever happens. I think I’ve been swept up by the confidence of the administrators, this remains a tricky situation.

On a more positive note, in the comments on Matt Slater’s article Matt also reveals he’s recently spoken to an insolvency expert who thinks the administrator might have a convincing argument to persuade HMRC to accept 25p in the pound (the minimum EFL requirement) on the basis that with football creditors needing to be paid, if the company (DCFCs 6 companies or whatever) don’t have the assets to settle the debt HMRC can’t compel a new owner to settle it. He’s the only person to argue this though. Additionally his sources think Wycombe and Boro don’t have much of a case against us, they’d be better off going after the EFL for not enforcing their rules properly. Therefore their claims are more of an annoyance rather than a legitimate concern threatening a deal.

We wait and see. Im an optimist and therefore remain hopeful but we should be grateful for whoever takes a punt on us because we’re not in a position to pick and choose.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

17 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just read (yet another pessimistic) Matt Slater article in the Athletic. From his sources and I do think he’s genuine, the view from outside Derby within football, and from agents, insolvency experts, administrator, lawyers, brokers - most people he has spoken to think liquidation is a distinct possibility as the debts are just too high. He has taken this view from the start and to be honest, the things he cited in his latest article to justify his argument - the companies house statement of affairs -for the most part weren’t new news and don’t make our position more precarious.

But while I don’t share his pessimism, his article highlights the situation. We’re relying on someone seriously wealthy who potentially is prepared to pay over the odds because they can see long term potential and are prepared to risk losing money to fulfill an ambition of owning a football club.

We have posters saying they are not comfortable about how close Kirchner is to Rooney and his people and concerned that Rooney may have brought them in thus making him almost bulletproof in the job. We have people concerned at Rush/Appleby being involved again (even though they won’t - their in the game of bringing bidders to the table they won’t be around post acquisition). Quite simply we don’t have a bloody choice. There’s 4 at the moment who is to say the other 3 won’t walk away, or god forbid all 4. Quite simply we don’t have a bloody choice who we get, we should accept whoever we get from these 4 credible bidders with open arms because it will mean the club is saved whatever happens. I think I’ve been swept up by the confidence of the administrators, this remains a tricky situation.

On a more positive note, in the comments on Matt Slater’s article Matt also reveals he’s recently spoken to an insolvency expert who thinks the administrator might have a convincing argument to persuade HMRC to accept 25p in the pound (the minimum EFL requirement) on the basis that with football creditors needing to be paid, if the company (DCFCs 6 companies or whatever) don’t have the assets to settle the debt HMRC can’t compel a new owner to settle it. He’s the only person to argue this though. Additionally his sources think Wycombe and Boro don’t have much of a case against us, they’d be better off going after the EFL for not enforcing their rules properly. Therefore their claims are more of an annoyance rather than a legitimate concern threatening a deal.

We wait and see. Im an optimist and therefore remain hopeful but we should be grateful for whoever takes a punt on us because we’re not in a position to pick and choose.

Thanks for that summary. I have recently cancelled my Athletic subscription after they took £60 out of my account without telling me. Got my money back after I threatened them! ?‍♀️

52 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I read that his article couldn’t see the bit about the Wycombe and Middlesbrough case being a no win or about the hmrc new owner not being compelled to pay. Is it the Derby pride one from today 

38 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks for that summary. I have recently cancelled my Athletic subscription after they took £60 out of my account without telling me. Got my money back after I threatened them! ?‍♀️

Fair play. They gave me warnings saying my subscription expiring and will automatically renew unless I cancel. I wanted to continue anyway although now Ryan Conway is freelancing writing stuff for the DET im thinking I might not renew again.

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I read that his article couldn’t see the bit about the Wycombe and Middlesbrough case being a no win or about the hmrc new owner not being compelled to pay. Is it the Derby pride one from today 

It wasn’t in the article itself, but in the comments. Matt Slater responding to someone who’d asked about Boro and Wycombe claims.

The HMRC bit was also from Matt in the comments.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

31 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Very interesting points. Liquidation is the 'elephant in the room' but sadly remains a possibility, due to the massive debt. So as things stand anyone willing to invest heavily in a troubled L1 club will have to be welcomed. The alternative being too grim to contemplate. In short, beggars can't be choosers. In the recent times, before we all became aware of the mess the previous owner had made of things, it was possible to look down on other clubs with 'less than desirable' owners, perhaps with a hint of sympathy for the plight of suffering opposition fans. It's not inconceivable that we are about to become reluctant members of that increasing group of clubs, hostages to debt and bad management. I still hold hope that one of the four bidders is genuine and wealthy enough to take a hit for 3 or 4 years when the club can get back on it's feet. Perhaps by that time a sustainable business model for clubs outside of the Premier League will be in place. Not holding my breath on that one though......

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well it’s different if the manager is choosing the new owner. Do you think he is ? 

At this point I dont care as long as we can continue as a club. If Rooney or his agent are behind CK initially getting interested and ultimately buying the club just thanks again Wayne, whatever the reason for doing so.  Our position is so complicated and debt ridden just give whoever buys us and who introduced them the freedom of Derby and a lifetime supply of Birds cakes. I just hope someone buys us

Edited by angieram
Request from author

8 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

Here you go. 

SmartSelect_20211130-234707_Chrome.jpg

So basically slater’s most informed source says exactly what I said earlier in this thread. Hmrc will not demand all payment up front and will risk getting nothing if they insist on payment in full. Not worth paying £60 subscription for that I would say. Or 60p come to that.

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

At this point I dont care if we can continue as a club. If Rooney or his agent are behind CK initially getting interested and ultimately buying the club just thanks again Wayne, whatever the reason for doing so.  Our position is so complicated and debt ridden just give whoever buys us and who introduced them the freedom of Derby and a lifetime supply of Birds cakes. I just hope someone buys us

I assume your first sentence was a typo ?