Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

26 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

These claims are vexatious. Whilst I do not think the EFL are at all fit for purpose they are surely likely to back our cause on these two.

The precedence it sets would be wholly unsustainable and risks the integrity of the whole football pyramid under the EFL. Basically EFL clubs squabbling forever outside of pitch. Also completely renders useless the points deduction.

The EFL are inept but not evil.

I would have thought that the EFL would step in, and I think there is an expectation that disputes between clubs are settled within the EFL structures. That's why I wonder what the basis of the claims actually are. Is there more to it? I genuinely don't know

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Interesting that Kirchner was sat in Rooney's seats tonight, rather than a directors box. Funny that he was also with Stretford and Cook again. 

It's blaringly obvious that these are Rooney's men, it's not even like they're trying to hide it anymore, with Rooney keep mentioning Kirchner. It's clear as well that the S*n are doing PR for Kirchner, as Nixon also happens to be buddies with Stretford (Nixon left The Guardian in 2004 because of his links with Stretford). 

Is that something we want? Our owner being connected heavily to ownership? What about if Rooney isn't up for the job, do they sack him?

Yeah it’s definitely a concern to have a manager and owner potentially (we don’t know how deep the links actually go) so intertwined. It’s my biggest concern around his bid.

On the flip side, if Kirchner is the only genuine contender and we don’t go with him, then club could cease to exist.

For me the Kirchner bid is potentially a catch 22 offer. I genuinely hope the administrators are right when they say there are several serious contenders.

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Announcement of the preferred bidder isn’t the end of the saga or completion of the takeover though is it? So, I wouldn’t read anything into that innocuous comment.

It could be the end for Kirchner if he isn’t the preferred bidder. Anyway we will see.

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Appleby is still in and I know who I'd certainly prefer.

But isn't he in with Sam Rush? If you don't like the Rooney/Kirchner relationship then surely the Rush/Wasserman relationship should be just as worrying. In fact, it's partially to blame for putting us in this mess in the first place.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

It could be the end for Kirchner if he isn’t the preferred bidder. Anyway we will see.

Heck. You’re a bit of a worrier aren’t you?

If he’d said “the next 10 day (or the next 2 weeks) will determine the outcome for us” that would have been a bit presumptuous. Being preferred bidder doesn’t guarantee success. It’s maybe also one of those comments that shouldn’t be taken literally like “It’ll only take two minutes”

Surely if you follow Wycombe's claim to it's logical conclusion it makes no sense. 

They say we should have been deducted the points in the season it happened and therefore they would have stayed up. But then by that logic Sheff Wed should have had their 6 points deducted the season before, meaning they would have finished above Wycombe last season and they would have still gone down.

If Boro think their claim will be successful, where does that end. A team gets into the playoffs, but a player dived for a penalty to get the point that did it. Can you sue them? A player scores the winning goal but is given a retrospective red card for an elbow, can you sue them?

1 hour ago, Maharan said:

I would have thought that the EFL would step in, and I think there is an expectation that disputes between clubs are settled within the EFL structures. That's why I wonder what the basis of the claims actually are. Is there more to it? I genuinely don't know

Agreed.

I suspect they have done it just to annoy us and to show their displeasure to the EFL.

All of which will result in nothing.

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Agreed.

I suspect they have done it just to annoy us and to show their displeasure to the EFL.

All of which will result in nothing.

I hope so, but I just don't know. In fact I can't find details around what the actual claims are about anywhere. It's astonishing the EFL haven't stepped in yet, unless there's more to it than is being disclosed.