Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

I think his reference to 3 weeks was to have a firmed up exit plan.  Indicated aim by end of the year but could see it being 1st week in January - either of which would be fantastic as it gives us scope in the transfer window

I think they were going to choose a preferred bidder by then. Sounds like Kirchner is moving quicker than anyone else atm. Or at least making more noise. 

2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

You've got to laugh at Simon Jordan and some of the numbers he was quoting

Apparently our crowds are 27,000 every game, Rolls-Royce laid off 7,500 in Derby (no they didn't) & 2,500 of them were season ticket holders ??? & a £70m investment in Chris Kircheners firm means it's worth £7 billion

Fortunately, what Simon Jordan says is irrelevant and what our administrator had to say sounded very credible and level headed

& a £70m investment in Chris Kircheners firm means it's worth £7 billion

Depends if £70m bought a 1% stake in the business

31 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Don’t most US military bands use silver trombones.

Silver plate, sometimes on top of copper plating. Slides are often nickel silver plated, with the inner slide chrome plated. Wouldn't want Gibbo having one of these.

They can still suffer red rot, however.

36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wages are coming down 

They are, and I think you are right. The none parachute championship post Covid will be a very different place.

I honestly hope that Marquee signings will solidify at the 1-2 million mark and wages beyond 10k week will be very very rare and full of performance / result caveats. At that point the league becomes workable. Limited opportunities to progress given the near closed shop in the Prem with relegated clubs having a huge cash advantage, but there will be moments and chances that make fighting worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

The thing that interests me is when it’s all done and dusted what can we actually do within P and S. No matter who we get, this league is handicapped. I say that because it isn’t a level playing field while parachute payments exist. You can’t buy the league because relegated clubs have booked most of the seats at the top. And if you try and push in, you get penalised

ok so we are allowed to lose 39 million over 3 years. I seriously doubt that any even mildly ambitious none parachute club can actually make much profit and owners can’t inject capital at will 

At our best we had an income of 30 million PA Then we can be subbed 13 million PA ..(assuming generous owner) so total dosh technically available maxes out at   43 million 

Can we run the club on that ? . Not a penny more .. ever ! 

So … what are the costs of running a new lean mean DCFC ? Including transfer budget. 

15 players at 500 k PA = 7.5 million 

20 players at 250 k PA = 5.0 million 

Other staff dunno .. let’s say 1.5 million 

Rent  = let’s say 3% of Mels 80 million = 2.5 million 

That’s 16 million ish  .. now there’s a factor you could add for all other costs .. energy, bus rates, policing, maintenance, professional services, it’s difficult to guess because wages are so top heavy in football but I can’t help feeling it’s going to be close to double the wages and venue costs

My conclusion is that post Covid wages and transfer fees will be more manageable .. If we get the right sponsorship deals, a generous owner and crowds return to normal then we could be sustainable and maybe be able to sign a decent player or 2 each year. 

Yep wages and transfer fees will be drastically down in the championship so if you can build a team from the EFL and left over premiership players you have a chance. As you rightly say parachute teams have the huge advantage of having players already and for a few pounds more can easily outbid non parachute clubs in terms of recruitment and wages so it’s very tough. You just have to hope that the parachute teams are completely badly run in terms of finances, management and naff/ injured players to not go up inside of two years ( ie Stoke currently) 

in terms of ourself - we would need forwards and central defenders long term which would be very costly 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

What has Rolls Royce redundancies got to do with Simon Jordan. Are they clubbing together to buy Derby with their redundancy lump sums? What point is he making? I'm glad I don't listen to him.

Simon Jordan is a self righteous dick, always has been and seems like he always will be.

Likes to hear is own voice.

2 hours ago, jono said:

The thing that interests me is when it’s all done and dusted what can we actually do within P and S. No matter who we get, this league is handicapped. I say that because it isn’t a level playing field while parachute payments exist. You can’t buy the league because relegated clubs have booked most of the seats at the top. And if you try and push in, you get penalised

ok so we are allowed to lose 39 million over 3 years. I seriously doubt that any even mildly ambitious none parachute club can actually make much profit and owners can’t inject capital at will 

At our best we had an income of 30 million PA Then we can be subbed 13 million PA ..(assuming generous owner) so total dosh technically available maxes out at   43 million 

Can we run the club on that ? . Not a penny more .. ever ! 

So … what are the costs of running a new lean mean DCFC ? Including transfer budget. 

15 players at 500 k PA = 7.5 million 

20 players at 250 k PA = 5.0 million 

Other staff dunno .. let’s say 1.5 million 

Rent  = let’s say 3% of Mels 80 million = 2.5 million 

That’s 16 million ish  .. now there’s a factor you could add for all other costs .. energy, bus rates, policing, maintenance, professional services, it’s difficult to guess because wages are so top heavy in football but I can’t help feeling it’s going to be close to double the wages and venue costs

My conclusion is that post Covid wages and transfer fees will be more manageable .. If we get the right sponsorship deals, a generous owner and crowds return to normal then we could be sustainable and maybe be able to sign a decent player or 2 each year. 

Rent on PPS is only £1m per annum as we only use it once a fortnight. Greggs say £5m pa as they use it every day except for a match day. Seems fair. 

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

& a £70m investment in Chris Kircheners firm means it's worth £7 billion

Depends if £70m bought a 1% stake in the business

I don't think 70 million bought 1% of the business, not sure where this has come from?

I saw an article that discussed it and it mentioned another company that raised 98 million based on a company worth 420 million dollars, not 9.8 billion as we are assuming.

Not sure where Jordan got his info from but his sauce isn't very spicy.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Rent on PPS is only £1m per annum as we only use it once a fortnight. Greggs say £5m pa as they use it every day except for a match day. Seems fair. 

I see your point but it would be technically available more or less 365 .. The owner of PPS would want a return of circa 2.5 and it isn’t coming from anywhere else except DCFC in any predictable stable way .. it would surely be a symbiotic relationship ? 
mind you if it’s is only 1 million then there will be repair / upkeep and maintenance provisos to bring it to the necessary return I would imagine. ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

I see your point but it would be technically available more or less 365 .. The owner of PPS would want a return of circa 2.5 and it isn’t coming from anywhere else except DCFC in any predictable stable way .. it would surely be a symbiotic relationship ? 
mind you if it’s is only 1 million then there will be repair / upkeep and maintenance provisos to bring it to the necessary return I would imagine. ?

Mel had plans to turn it into a multipurpose entertainment venue. heyho.

On 25/10/2021 at 20:24, Philmycock said:

Is it right he's the owner of Carolina Panthers NFL team that is run by Tom Glick, my ITK tells me ? 

Tis totally correct. Also brought GSE from Appleby who still runs the news sports management comapny along with Sam Rush involvement.

Edited by StockholmRam

On 25/10/2021 at 18:42, DCFC1388 said:

Screenshot_20211025-184204_Twitter.jpg

read this again after hearing Hoskin's segment on TS. (Was quite surprised to hear that Hoskins had seen the message before it was sent, but anyway...)  It's quite a personal message - his Dad got him into 'soccer' and he played as a youngster - so this might mean that as much as a financial play and it is a personal one, which bodes well.  As for his comments about Forest, well not worried about that in the slightest he comes from a place where 'your team sucks' is a friendly gibe and golf spectators scream  "U-S-A" and 'get in the hole'.  Certainly don't have Alonso vibes  

Long way to go but might work out well, fingers crossed.