Open Training Session 26/10/21

Day

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Can’t believe how many grown men want to push in front of a 10 and 5 year old wanting to get an autograph. 

Is it just me that finds that pretty sad. 

No. Indicative of today's 'me first' general attitude shared by too many. 

I hope the children get their reward and that their parents teach them how to behave now and when they are older. 

43 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Can’t believe how many grown men want to push in front of a 10 and 5 year old wanting to get an autograph. 

Is it just me that finds that pretty sad. 

When I was a kid, someone my Dad used to work with would regularly get me autographs of the team (I never once asked). A nice thing to do, and I thank him for the gesture, but even at that age I was pretty underwhelmed about seeing Matt Carbon's squiggle on a piece of paper.

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

When I was a kid, someone my Dad used to work with would regularly get me autographs of the team (I never once asked). A nice thing to do, and I thank him for the gesture, but even at that age I was pretty underwhelmed about seeing Matt Carbon's squiggle on a piece of paper.

I was in a restaurant near the train station in Derby with my family, I turn round and made the fatal mistake of seeing Paulo Wanchope and Deon Burton sat there with someone else.

Well that was it, my mum went through her handbag and pulled out a Sainsburys receipt and pushed me to get Wanchope's autograph.

Poor Deon Burton sat there watching this lanky skinny kid in awe of Wanchope whilst embarrassed by the process.

Never know where that receipt went, just got chucked on the side.

Would have been a selfie probably had phones been around then with decent cameras

9 minutes ago, David said:

I was in a restaurant near the train station in Derby with my family, I turn round and made the fatal mistake of seeing Paulo Wanchope and Deon Burton sat there with someone else.

Well that was it, my mum went through her handbag and pulled out a Sainsburys receipt and pushed me to get Wanchope's autograph.

Poor Deon Burton sat there watching this lanky skinny kid in awe of Wanchope whilst embarrassed by the process.

Never know where that receipt went, just got chucked on the side.

Would have been a selfie probably had phones been around then with decent cameras

I love the idea that there are probably thousands of autographs across the world written on the back of the weekly shop!

When I was 7 or 8 Derby came to our school, all the players were dotted around the assembly hall, so 1 by 1 I met each player notebook in hand asking each player what there name was, then I scribbled it down in my book, even asking some players how there names was spelt.....I didn't get any autographs just pages of words that looked like they had been written by a sloth

I remember as a kid going to an open day at the BBG in about 1981 when the European Cup and Championship trophy were on display - I assume Forest or Villa must have lent us the trophies for the day. Managed to proudly shake Colin Addison's hand in his office and bag Kevin Hector's autograph along with a lot of obscure reserve players. Anyone else remember this event?

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

When I was 7 or 8 Derby came to our school, all the players were dotted around the assembly hall, so 1 by 1 I met each player notebook in hand asking each player what there name was, then I scribbled it down in my book, even asking some players how there names was spelt.....I didn't get any autographs just pages of words that looked like they had been written by a sloth

Memories are made of this. Sloths only have three toes so using a pen is awkward.