Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

I cannot see them letting anyone go unless forced to by administrators ,  we basically cannot bring anyone in  so why would you let anyone go 

because they're out of contract at the end of season and leave for free, so they want to go to stay out of League 1 and we try get some kind of fee (Lawrence/Buchanan/Shinnie), plus wage costs high - doubt Wayne will get much of a say

It starts NOW! The rebuilding of our great club! Sod the EFL, sod all the other teams fans mocking and laughing at our demise. We are not the only ones that will feel the 'wrath' of the EFL. The previous owner is somewhere living down South(according to other fans forums) away from it all. Wonder if he still feels for the club. Us the fans really need to roll our sleeves up and show the rest of the footballing world we are true loyal fans. It's on Sky on Sunday so come on chaps the team needs us let's show everyone we are not going to lie down and die. We now have nothing to lose and everything to gain so go all out attack! And no I am not related to B4! UTR.

For GODS SAKE stop the whimpering and the crying .Yes we are down .But we are down now with our decks clean .Now lets clear out the remaining dross of some of our so called better football players that only try 1 in 12 match's , i wont name names . 

Start again with a new owner the accepting of the deduction is because to get new owners in by jan to prepare for league 1 and a bounce back hopefully .The rest of the season is over its just play who and what to see what they have got for league 1 . 

Our future starts now .

Thanks Mr Morris but you severely over stretched the gamble and will now NOT be well remembered at all . 

7 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The amount of fans of other clubs that I’ve seen in the last few months say things like "Derby delayed it by appealing" is crazy, the only thing we’ve ever appealed is the administration deduction, which has now been dropped.

Glad we dropped 300k on that whilst making people redundant. Well done DCFC.

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We can complain when other clubs with more significant breaches get the same, without the added baggage of two years worth of EFL restrictions.

Our treatment has been so massively disproportionate by comparison.

It is an opportunity to clear the decks and start again.  Is it really disproportionate compared to others?  I can't be bothered to look up the details but the reality is that you have to move on now.   Football is a mess.  Derby County will have their day again.  A few weeks ago fans were talking about liquidation.  Some Coventry City fans even set up their own club with the thought that CCFC may go bust but fans would need to follow a phoenix club....In came Coventry United which had several promotions up the non-league pyramid.  They play in red...Not a good choice in my opinion.  

Anyway, as I have said in the past, County fans are the biggest asset. Even those who fall by the wayside will be replaced by new fans.  This is happening at Coventry and i for one thought it was impossible given how bad the fans had been treated.  The only significant difference is that your club stays in Derby...Hope you have your own ground because it causes so many problems if you don't.  

7 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The amount of fans of other clubs that I’ve seen in the last few months say things like "Derby delayed it by appealing" is crazy, the only thing we’ve ever appealed is the administration deduction, which has now been dropped.

Pretty sure between most of us on this forum we could write a long list of things other fans / media  have got wrong, and STILL get wrong about everything that's gone on. I shan't repeat it all again but some people simply thrive in other's pain until of course it happens to them. 

That said I have seen many posts or tweets from other fans commiserating us and empathising with our position, especially as fans.  They're not all complete bankers. 

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Lets hope this is the end and the club can start to rebuild, and a new owner  will be in place soon, sure they will. Started watching the Rams when Tim Ward was the boss, he bought Kevin Hector then shortly after sacked for Sir Brian Clough, what wonderful times.

Certainly not supporting Mel for have no idea what as gone on but some of the things he has said would not surprise me if he does not take a private prosicution against the EFL and certain individuals, now it is all over and then we will find out the truth, one way or the other.

The truth is Mel Morris turned Derby County from a solvent well run club with a talented squad into a penniless train wreck heading for League One in 6 short years while he cleared off with the majority of his personal wealth intact. We should be taking out a private prosecution against him the bar steward. 

Edited by Jayram

24 minutes ago, Red Ram said:
This is why we've had a 9 point deduction. Blame the EFL if it makes you feel better. Pretend it's a vendetta if you really want to play the victim. Delude yourself that we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Steve Gibson if it helps.

But it's all complete BS. Derby County is a member of the EFL. The EFL is a rules based organisation. We repeatedly broke the rules. We are gulity as charged and have been sanctioned accordingly. Yes it really is that simple.

The only people responsible are the people who were running the club. They gambled with your club's future. They lost. End of.

Time to move on. Time to rebuild under new owners in League One.

baalocks.

The EFL retrospectively changed the rules on us. Screw the bar stewards! duck the EFL mandarins!

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

The truth is Mel Morris turned Derby County from a solvent well run club with a talented squad into a penniless train wreck heading for League One in 6 short years while he cleared off with the majority of his personal wealth intact. We should be suing him the bar steward. 

Wonder if he will ever show his face at PP again

Conned us all with his free drinks and scarves