Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I always thought you were some gun-slinging yeehah cowboy called Pistol Pete, and quite frankly, I rather admired you for it... I've only just noticed that you are nothing of the sort, and that you are actually pist and old... but still called Pete.

I feel partly embarrassed that I've been reading your username wrong all this time, but if truth be told, I also feel a little cheated!  

This day just keeps going from bad to worse!   ?

I am seriously Pist tonight.

25 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Do we think Mr P on OTIB is about to squirt?

Why do we continue to discuss a man so inadequate and irrelevant? I appreciate that your post is offered more in humour than meaningfulness, but why give the hateful little rick the attention he so clearly craves?

Even his fellow OTIB users more or less ignore him. Perhaps we should do the same...

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Why do we continue to discuss a man so inadequate and irrelevant? I appreciate that your post is offered more in humour than meaningfulness, but why give the hateful little rick the attention he so clearly craves?

Even his fellow OTIB users more or less ignore him. Perhaps we should do the same...

Fair point, I agree.

With us currently being on a run of seven games without a win and weeks away from probably our toughest run all season, the suggestion that the appeal is a non starter and our points deduction will total -21 seems a fight-ending blow.

If what is being reported comes to fruition, we would be 18 points from safety. We play five of the current top 6 and six of the current top 10 in November and December. For Rooney and the players, the timing of this news couldn’t be worse and things could get really ugly if the group become particularly disillusioned.

There is still hope when you crunch some numbers. The four teams above us are trending for a finish of 41 points or fewer and one would suspect they are unlikely to improve too dramatically. Other teams could stutter too. We still have 78* points to play for, which always gives us a long shot but evidently it will take something inspired from here on in.

But still there is a sense of what could have been. The first 17 games have been a series of missed opportunities and if only moments. We have squandered winning positions in a third of our games. We have drawn a number of games where on the balance of play we could have won. 

Say we had beaten Peterborough, Preston, Forest and Luton, that alone would negate this incoming points deduction. It does make you wonder.

Hope now rests with the administrators and their ability to secure a positive, timely takeover and for the new owners to enact change.

January to early March represents our best chance of putting a positive run of results together from here on in. So new owners, maybe 1-2 new players, and dare I say a new manager appointed with a view to hitting the ground running come August could give us a chance of at least going out in a blaze of glory.

Remember it's 45 to survive.

Without the 21 point deduction we'd need to have it's 66 points. That's not playoffs but it's a top half finish.

It just makes you think how the -12 deduction wasn't even that bad. We've missed the opportunity to pick up more points. There were easily 3 or 4 games we should have won but didn't. That would have wiped out the extra deduction.

It would take something monumental from here. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Anyone believing that they can achieve some sort of beast-level catharsis by making others as miserable as they feel is in for a nasty shock. Writing down one's reasons for feeling sad or anxious, or annotating those feelings, is a million miles away from venting one's spleen at a complete stranger via social media. 

On thread, as regards the additional 9 point deduction, if it's true, there ought to be some form of enquiry into how exactly this is known by a journalist before the EFL have formally laid out the specifics of the charges brought and the penalties attached to them. It stinks to the high heavens and speaks to the incredibly divisive way they have sought to undermine the club at every juncture. After two years of embargos, with all the issues such sanctions bring, we now find ourselves looking at a 21 point sanction on top and for what? For using ERV and not straight line amortisation policies!

If these reports are true, then I can imagine precisely the line they have adopted in their 'negotiations; challenge either or both charges and we'll seek to expel you from the league. If this is correct then it's small wonder that the talks were 'adjourned' and even less surprising that Mel felt he had to walk away. So much for the 'integrity of the league'. No question, we've made errors of judgement, but has any club ever been faced with such a heavy price to pay for what was, compared to other clubs' transgressions, a relatively minor offence?

'We want Derby County to be sustainable' - GTFOH

Error of judgement?? Minor offence?? Morris attempted to circumvent FFP by numerous means and that is why the club is where it is. He got away with the selling 9f the ground at an inflated figure, but in the end it caught up with him. The EFL under Harvey were useless that no one can deny, but the clubs plight isn't down to them! 

1 minute ago, Hordh said:

Error of judgement?? Minor offence?? Morris attempted to circumvent FFP by numerous means and that is why the club is where it is. He got away with the selling 9f the ground at an inflated figure, but in the end it caught up with him. The EFL under Harvey were useless that no one can deny, but the clubs plight isn't down to them! 

On this occasion, I'll heed the advice of Mark Twain on interactions such as this.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I always thought you were some gun-slinging yeehah cowboy called Pistol Pete, and quite frankly, I rather admired you for it... I've only just noticed that you are nothing of the sort, and that you are actually pist and old... but still called Pete.

I feel partly embarrassed that I've been reading your username wrong all this time, but if truth be told, I also feel a little cheated!  

This day just keeps going from bad to worse!   ?

Read the name exactly the same. Imagined that angry little man from the cartoons - was it Yosemite Sam? As you say more disappointment

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Remember it's 45 to survive.

Without the 21 point deduction we'd need to have it's 66 points. That's not playoffs but it's a top half finish.

It just makes you think how the -12 deduction wasn't even that bad. We've missed the opportunity to pick up more points. There were easily 3 or 4 games we should have won but didn't. That would have wiped out the extra deduction.

It would take something monumental from here. 

I think we have thrown away 14 points from winning positions this season already ! Most by any side in the league.

It's unexpected as the signs from the administrators seemed positive but this season has just been like that really. One positive note then  massive kick to get us back on the floor. Personally, I couldn't see us staying up with the 12 point deficit so if they tag on another 9 it doesn't really bother me too much. It sucks as it's killed off any hope but I couldn't see us doing anything other than falling short anyway. 

It's time we prepare for life in league 1, get some new owners in and prepare to get out of the third division asap. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's unexpected as the signs from the administrators seemed positive but this season has just been like that really. One positive note then  massive kick to get us back on the floor. Personally, I couldn't see us staying up with the 12 point deficit so if they tag on another 9 it doesn't really bother me too much. It sucks as it's killed off any hope but I couldn't see us doing anything other than falling short anyway. 

It's time we prepare for life in league 1, get some new owners in and prepare to get out of the third division asap. 

I saw us over turning it and efl knew it and if they think us Derby fans will ever ever forgive they are dead wrong there worse than snakes.