Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

I've had a season ticket for 28 years and this season was the first season I've not had one. Few of the reasons were:-

1. Potential change in personal circumstances on a Saturday.

2. Complete despair with where football was heading.

3. Not wanting to line Mel's pockets.

4. Constant changing of fixtures and kick off times (last full season at Pride Park we had 7 home games on a Saturday at 3pm out of 23) meaning that I had to miss games that I'd essentially paid for.

5. Getting a 21 point deduction, and going to games with goals going in that mean nothing.

That being said I have only missed 2 home games this season and have paid for every one. When we went to administration I felt the need to try and spend money at the club. Even though nobody should feel bad about not. I've spent thousands and thousands in the last 28 years on season tickets, away games, merchandise. 

One of the best feelings in football is when you're team score a goal that means something, whether that's going towards you going up or staying up.

Now whenever a goal goes in, that feeling has gone. It doesn't mean anything. I personally cannot justify £20-£30 a game now for games that don't mean anything.

How the players are going to be motivated I do not know.

What's the point now? 

I'll be back next season in League One.

But I'm honestly heartbroken it's come to this.

Mel Morris hang your head.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So after all these weeks & months in talks with the EFL we end up with the 9 point deduction anyway. What an absolute waste of time. Also shows that there is no point talking with the EFL as they wont change from what they want.

So what does this mean about the integrity of the league this year, we have played 17 games where for the most part showed some fight and gave opposition a good game, whereas now we may as well blood the youngsters ready for next season or go all out attack. Complete different mentality for these remaining games than the first set.

Or does it show that we can't talk our way out of every situation like we like to think so?

I will just be glad when we know what is happening for once. These last few years have been agony

4 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Looking at it positively 
If we’d have gone down last season we’d be staring down the barrel at L2

Norwich, Leeds, Leicester and  Sheffield United have all been down to L1 and are in or have been up to the EPL

Hopefully we will end up in a scenario where the results of our last two games could really impact a club we don’t like and we will start Forsyth in both games (I like Fozzy really).

Shinnie will be the League 1 Pirlo. 

The Easdale’s will have a clear run at the takeover following a Chris Kirchner tweet declaring his love for Wigan Athletic and following it up with another tweet about how much he hates Widnes.

i have been saying for a while that we need to start planning for league one. The comments from the administrators about giving rooney everything possible to survive this season were making me face palm. The writing was always on the wall this season, we have to take the clairty as a positive and start planning for the future for once. 

Just now, Andicis said:

What was the bloody point in appealing and wasting everyone's time now we're just accepting the punishment? That's us down, and to be honest is probably going to kill any chance we had of winning a few games this season in damage to morale. 

Presumably because we don't have a crystal ball and didn't know the appeal was going to fail.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Was it Nixon who said 3 points? He has been saying the past few days 9 points, 21 overall when asked

I've just looked at it was the athletic. Thought they were reliable but clearly not. Very disappointed that it has come to this after months of 'talks' with the EFL

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Presumably because we don't have a crystal ball and didn't know the appeal was going to fail.

it doesn't take a fortune teller though does it tamworthram? there was never any details about an appeal, apart from they planned to blame it on covid which is nothing but an excuse

This stinks of EFL desire to see us punished (relegated or out of existance), one way or the other.

The administrators noted a month or so back (think it was on TalkSport) that they were expecting the EFL discussions to have a conclusion within 3 weeks to allow for a purchase to take place thereafter, and likely concluding in the 1st week of Jan. My guess is that we need it to go through then given cashflow constraints and current runway running out early in 2022. From memory, the administrators have never confirmed they have funding for the season but were confident we'd complete it (indicating my point). 

A purchase will not go through until the points deduction is agreed. We cannot afford for the points deduction decision to slip any further. The EFL, by adjourning our case, have backed us into a corner as we cannot viably continue post January and hence need to accept whatever punishment they throw at us. I.e. the 21 points, full book punishment. 

This is ludicrous, outrageous and unethical behaviour by the EFL. Although what did we expect. Again, not admonishing MM of any blame, but this smacks of a political agenda and DCFC being made an example of.

(Caveat that the above is based on Nixon's article being true)

How many have genuinely felt we would stay up this season? Lots had hope, but all the uncertainty made it impossible to be sure.

My view was as soon as the administration was confirmed, we were down. Even before the season I felt it would be a hard watch and slow descent to league 1. This news just confirms all those emotions.

However, this team have already performed way above my expectations. Blackburn was not a good watch, but I expected that the be the norm, so can accept games like that. And we didn’t even get smashed, even keeping it close at the end. This lot have shown they will scrap and fight more often than not.

League 1 will be tough. But give us a team that plays with heart and desire, and the fans will turn up. The fans have been pretty much sensational this season. As a North stander, I’ve had nothing but pride watching them sing (and bounce).

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

How many have genuinely felt we would stay up this season? Lots had hope, but all the uncertainty made it impossible to be sure.

My view was as soon as the administration was confirmed, we were down. Even before the season I felt it would be a hard watch and slow descent to league 1. This news just confirms all those emotions.

However, this team have already performed way above my expectations. Blackburn was not a good watch, but I expected that the be the norm, so can accept games like that. And we didn’t even get smashed, even keeping it close at the end. This lot have shown they will scrap and fight more often than not.

League 1 will be tough. But give us a team that plays with heart and desire, and the fans will turn up. The fans have been pretty much sensational this season. As a North stander, I’ve had nothing but pride watching them sing (and bounce).

Rooney has done an amazing job even giving us belief. Our squad is terrible, the deductions make it impossible