Rams vs Preston (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

If you get chance to watch the pre-match warm up, you will see Sibley is the best finisher we have. He can’t get a 5 min run out now , even though we have only scored 7 goals in 11 games. Rooney clearly doesn’t rate him.

He’s started in 9 of the 13 first team matches this season and scored 1 goal.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What a nice feeling to able to jump in the car, go to a football match and pay £5 at the turnstile without any faff about customer numbers, ID, tickets etc.

I know its a one off due to the sad loss of Preston's owner, a chap who appears to have been extremely popular with the good folk of that corner of Lancashire, and I'm sure we will join in with whatever show of respect takes place there, but getting ready to leave it just sank in how life was a bit simpler bitd.

I hope there's one or two who woke up this morning, rang a mate and said "shall we go to the match today?"

Tick! Me and my 40-year football buddy are on the train from York now and not even remotely tempted to stay on it to Blackpool!

24 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Making him our joint second top goalscorer ?

Joint top!!! There’s no way Curtis would even want to claim the goal v Huddersfield!!

Looking at this list there are a lot of players who have played a lot of games and only managed 1 goal….or not on the list at all!

Sibs had played nearly 800 mins and 11 games, which is the second most minutes per goal. Top of the list for mins per goal is Hutchinson who’s scored as many as Sibley in 20% of the minutes. 

62ABC99B-BEC4-406C-81F1-1F13AF19233B.jpeg

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

If you get chance to watch the pre-match warm up, you will see Sibley is the best finisher we have. He can’t get a 5 min run out now , even though we have only scored 7 goals in 11 games. Rooney clearly doesn’t rate him.

Or he doesn’t want a Prem team to poach him for peanuts!

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

His main problem at the moment is his ability to keep hold of the ball. He either needs to bulk up a bit so he can hold defenders off or be a bit wiser.

46 minutes ago, David said:

No Stretton today for the first team, playing with the U23s v Chelsea

No McDonald either so Festy will be starting, unless we plan on something extreme such as Knight or Jozwiak at RB instead.
Predicted lineup:

Roos
Ebosele   Jagielka   Davies   Forsyth
Bird   Shinnie
Knight   Ravel   Lawrence
Baldock

Subs: Allsop, Stearman, Buchanan, Williams, Watson, Sibley, Jozwiak

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

No McDonald either so Festy will be starting, unless we plan on something extreme such as Knight or Jozwiak at RB instead.
Predicted lineup:

Roos
Bird   Shinnie
Baldock

I predict Buchanan for Baldock, a back 3 of Jags, Curt & Fozzy, and Lawrence up front.

Kaz has got to be on the bench... Can't see any other reason for our only other recognised striker (other than Baldock) being in the under-23s.

I'll predict:

Allsop
               Jagielka  Davies  Forsyth
Jozwiak  Bird  Morrison  Shinnie  Buchanan
                   Baldock  Lawrence

Subs: Roos, Kazim, Stearman, Sibley, Watson, Ebosele, Knight

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I predict Buchanan for Baldock, a back 3 of Jags, Curt & Fozzy, and Lawrence up front.

You've made me look into how Preston setup... usually a 5212/3412. Average positions roughly like this:
image.png.94d548df77c39f64b7d8042817537020.png

I can't make up my mind if a 5 at the back with 3 up top would be a better counter (spare CB picking up a runner with our 2 CFs expoliting the gaps between their CBs) or 4 at the back with 3 up top, man for man all over the pitch

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Predicted lineup:

Roos
Bird   Shinnie
Baldock

This but Allsop and Buchanan starting, Kazim on the bench for an ill Forsyth

Edited by Ghost of Clough