Shinniesta

Comrade 86

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I just get frustrated with his habit of negative passing. Hear me out before you attack!

He gets into habits of doing it. He'll do it all match, every match for a period and then suddenly wake up and look completely different.  

When he refuses to face the right way and plays like Bryson in defensive midfield it's so frustrating and pointless. He's obviously capable of more. 

He's like either part of the major problem or part of the major solution. 

Off the ball, yeah. I'm a full time fan

I agree with this and called him out on it early in the match thread as it was doing my head in. But to his credit he seemed to stop it and started looking forward, suddenly becoming enormously effective. 

Face the right way and drive forward and he's great. 

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Our best player by a long shot. His technical ability on the ball has really come on in the last year. I remember under cocu when he couldn’t pass or shoot or dribble only tackle and run. He’s a very complete midfielder now a days and would suit most champ clubs and maybe even a few lower prem clubs 

He's found the form he was known for at Aberdeen.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I agree with this and called him out on it early in the match thread as it was doing my head in. But to his credit he seemed to stop it and started looking forward, suddenly becoming enormously effective. 

Face the right way and drive forward and he's great. 

Yep. You called out Fozzy too Mr Sagan, pretty much immediately before he scored. Reckon Rosenior had you on his tablet and was relaying your comments to the playes; 'Oi Fozz, Sagan reckons you're poo'... ?

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

I just get frustrated with his habit of negative passing. Hear me out before you attack!

He gets into habits of doing it. He'll do it all match, every match for a period and then suddenly wake up and look completely different.  

When he refuses to face the right way and plays like Bryson in defensive midfield it's so frustrating and pointless. He's obviously capable of more. 

He's like either part of the major problem or part of the major solution. 

Off the ball, yeah. I'm a full time fan

Think his passing yesterday was mostly top-drawer but as previously stated, he does seem to need a run of games to get his eye in. Take your point though but I'd wager if he passed as well as he harries every game, he'd not be playing in the Championship.

On a general note, some are suggesting he'll be sacrificed when Bielik comes back. I'm not so sure. I think he'll sit in and that will allow Ravel more freedom and Krystian to make those surging runs of his. It'll be a nice problem for Wazza to ponder for sure.

Oh crikey - no way will he not get a booking in the next 8 games. Balls. He has had some very unfair decisions against him.

played so well last night - must be great to play with and obviously agree with all the comments re negative passing and he is capable of better. He does shoot well too as some have said.

who would/will replace him when he gets another booking - Knight and bird in the middle? 

2 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Oh crikey - no way will he not get a booking in the next 8 games. Balls. He has had some very unfair decisions against him.

played so well last night - must be great to play with and obviously agree with all the comments re negative passing and he is capable of better. He does shoot well too as some have said.

who would/will replace him when he gets another booking - Knight and bird in the middle? 

I think Knight would be the most obvious choice at present.

4 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Knight will play there. Wouldn't be a disaster resting him for a game. Ideally not booked in the next game as there is a 2 week international break. Kick a Preston player and miss the midweek game Graeme.    

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Shinnie played in the Blackburn loss too where he was awful. The only truly transformative player we have is Bielik. 

Lots of players have awful games, even Bielik! 

He's been great and a big part of the effort and belief needed for the team to not just collapse.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Shinnie played in the Blackburn loss too where he was awful. The only truly transformative player we have is Bielik. 

Bielik played last season when we lost to Rotherham and Sheff Wed, who both were relegated.

But yes i think if he can be fit and the same player he was last year our midfield will really work properly. We still need someone who can score goals though which  is why we lost to Wednesday last year despite dominating them, and why we only have 18 points even bfore our deduction.

40 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Bielik played last season when we lost to Rotherham and Sheff Wed, who both were relegated.

But yes i think if he can be fit and the same player he was last year our midfield will really work properly. We still need someone who can score goals though which  is why we lost to Wednesday last year despite dominating them, and why we only have 18 points even bfore our deduction.

I never calculated it but last season points with Bielik must have been over double of those without him. My hope for this season is that he has even half as much impact as he did last season. He's the only player we've been missing that could possibly transform us. 

1 minute ago, The Key Club King said:

True, and he's had a decent season. I don't think he's the sole difference between the Barnsley and Millwall performances though. 

He was a big part of it though. That midfield is so much better balanced, which is one of the main reasons for the improved performance.

We also had Lawrence playing as a proper number 10 giving us a link between the midfield and attack. They moved the ball progressively too which gave the other players confidence to make runs.

12 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

I never calculated it but last season points with Bielik must have been over double of those without him. My hope for this season is that he has even half as much impact as he did last season. He's the only player we've been missing that could possibly transform us. 

I crunched some stats once that said our ppg last season was 1.0 higher with Bielik in the team than without him. 

However, it is true that we won the first 2 games after he was injured the second time. 

All this demonstrates is that while we CAN win without him, we're more likely to do better WITH him.