Shinniesta

Comrade 86

12 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Shinnie played in the Blackburn loss too where he was awful. The only truly transformative player we have is Bielik. 

We weren’t awful in midfield vs Blackburn we were just run ragged by their 3 forwards in a different part of the pitch because Blackburn put it down the channels 

12 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

I never calculated it but last season points with Bielik must have been over double of those without him. My hope for this season is that he has even half as much impact as he did last season. He's the only player we've been missing that could possibly transform us. 

This season we have better defenders at centre half which helps a lot currently! Who are you considering dropping to put Belick in the side ? He won’t be fully fit for a very long time 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

This season we have better defenders at centre half which helps a lot currently! Who are you considering dropping to put Belick in the side ? He won’t be fully fit for a very long time 

I prefer Bird to Shinnie so I would likely drop Shinnie in the current formation though given our weakness out wide, I would probably play a midfield three. 

I would also argue that our defenders are not better than last season. Only Jagielka is new and he has been great, but we have lost Clarke who was at least as good if not better. We defend better as a team but seemingly at the expense of attacking threat. This is probably necessary given what Rooney has at his disposal.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I crunched some stats once that said our ppg last season was 1.0 higher with Bielik in the team than without him. 

However, it is true that we won the first 2 games after he was injured the second time. 

All this demonstrates is that while we CAN win without him, we're more likely to do better WITH him. 

My point with Shinnie is that some players can make a reasonable difference to a team but it is unlikely that one man at this level is the difference between awful (Barnsley) and good (Millwall). I then argue that Bielik is one of the few that do make a massive difference. And as he is our one remaining card to play this season (no money/transfer embargo/administration), I hope I'm right or we are going down. 

10 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I would also argue that our defenders are not better than last season. Only Jagielka is new and he has been great, but we have lost Clarke who was at least as good if not better. We defend better as a team but seemingly at the expense of attacking threat.

Interesting that we've already scored more goals from defence than last season (4v2) but have only one assist so far from that area compared to 7 last season, all from the FB positions.

2 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

I prefer Bird to Shinnie so I would likely drop Shinnie in the current formation though given our weakness out wide, I would probably play a midfield three. 

I would also argue that our defenders are not better than last season. Only Jagielka is new and he has been great, but we have lost Clarke who was at least as good if not better. We defend better as a team but seemingly at the expense of attacking threat. This is probably necessary given what Rooney has at his disposal.

I wouldn’t be saying clarke is better than Davies or Jagielka at all but that’s all about opinions 

4 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Please stop calling him Shinniesta. Iniesta was one of the best footballers of his generation. His was technically brilliant. Shinnie is nowhere near him. Shinnie is an enforcer only. His technical and passing ability is average on a good day.

You’re right. Let’s start calling him Graemar!

2 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

Please stop calling him Shinniesta. Iniesta was one of the best footballers of his generation. His was technically brilliant. Shinnie is nowhere near him. Shinnie is an enforcer only. His technical and passing ability is average on a good day.

Depends on your perspective. Iniesta was a standout player in a team of superstars. Shinnie is often a standout play in a pretty dire team ?

3 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

How about Grohn Shinstace?

Bielik Record 2020-21

7 Nov – Played 90 minutes L

21 Nov – DNP

25 Nov – DNP

28 Nov – DNP

1 Dec – Played 90 minutes, was booked D

5 Dec – Played 90 minutes, was booked W

9 Dec – Played 90 minutes D

12 Dec - Played 90 minutes, booked D

16 Dec – Played 90 minutes, W

26 Dec – Played 90 minutes L

29 Dec – Played 90 minutes, scored W

1 Jan – Played 90 minutes L

16 Jan – Played 67 minutes, booked L

19 Jan - Played 90 minutes, scored W

23 Jan - Played 90 minutes W

30 Jan – Played 36 minutes, injured W (will add this one to his win record even though he was off quite early)

LDWDDWLWLLWWW

13 games – 6 wins 4 defeats 3 draws

6 games directly after the injury we won 3 drew 1 lost 2

we know what happened after that false dawn ?

Currently has missed 68 games through injury since we signed him according to Transfermarkt