Phillip Cocu breaks silence on Derby County exit

IslandExile

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Hey come on @Steve How Hard?...it's a busy newsroom...phones going off...hot presses whirring...lots of high octane meetings, shouts of "Stop Press!", hard liquer being slugged, snorts of coke!, internet being scoured for morsels of faintly appropriate click bait...no time to proof read... ?

Heck, they didn't even have time to include content that matched the headline for the article.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Suspect Phil has too much class to reveal any dirt, should there be any to reveal in the first place. Hopefully he gets a decent gig somewhere and re-establishes his credentials as a quality coach after a disappointing end to his time at Derby.  

Yeah, it's such a shame it didn't work out - it could have been something special. But, ultimately, it passed the point of no return and we are all the poorer for it.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, he was fine with WR and they're still in touch, admits the second season started badly and he did't get the best out of them, met three failed takeover parties.

Saved y'all a click.

10 hours ago, angieram said:

It's nice to see the photos of him looking so much more relaxed.

Pity we haven't got a full translation, but assuming the Telegraph picked out the most relevant bits.

Google Chrome auto translates it... to the best of it's ability, but it's enough!  ?

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, didn't know that. 

Read the article now and he is more relaxed. Interesting that in the Philip Cocu story, we are just a small and unimportant chapter.

Ever the gentleman, I kind of get the feeling that resentment and bitterness don't figure on Phil's list of useful emotions.

The man will probably live to be 100. 

23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Good interview, he’s always seemed a really nice guy, glad that he’s doing ok and is ready to go back into management soon.

Although I’m not sure my translator is the best!

2006811807_PhillipCocugenietvanvrijheidmaarwilnoghoofdtrainerzijnOokinNederlandzouikweerkunnenwerkenNederlandsvoet.thumb.png.25167aed7333a8bb017b3d3ae7ef866a.png

?

9 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Good interview, he’s always seemed a really nice guy, glad that he’s doing ok and is ready to go back into management soon.

Although I’m not sure my translator is the best!

2006811807_PhillipCocugenietvanvrijheidmaarwilnoghoofdtrainerzijnOokinNederlandzouikweerkunnenwerkenNederlandsvoet.thumb.png.25167aed7333a8bb017b3d3ae7ef866a.png

?

I have to say that going on my beaver hasn't done a huge amount for my career..... ?