Phillip Cocu breaks silence on Derby County exit

IslandExile

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

........but says nothing about Derby

or at least the DET do not report anything he might have said.

That's disappointing given the headline. Thought we were in for some goss.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-phillip-cocu-manager-5985269

"Phillip Cocu is open to a new Dutch adventure. That's what he says in conversation with RTL 7. The practice master, who has been taking it easy on football since leaving Derby County in November last year, explains that he doesn't feel too big for anything.

28 september 2021 16:21"

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sport/video/5256872/cocu-staat-open-voor-nieuw-nederlands-avontuur - think you need to be VPN'd to Holland to get it to play?

Bloody hell DET, Don't do that! ?

I nearly had a heart attack reading that headline, fearing Philip would spill the beans about our never-to-be-uttered-of handshake at the model village in Bourton on the Water.*  Thankfully, there was no mention of it!   Phew!

*Did I ever tell you about the time I shook his hand at the model village in Bouton on the Water?  I bloody well hope not... it's never-to-be-uttered-of!  

36 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bloody hell DET, Don't do that! ?

I nearly had a heart attack reading that headline, fearing Philip would spill the beans about our never-to-be-uttered-of handshake at the model village in Bourton on the Water.*  Thankfully, there was no mention of it!   Phew!

*Did I ever tell you about the time I shook his hand at the model village in Bouton on the Water?  I bloody well hope not... it's never-to-be-uttered-of!  

We’re you playing in the river game?

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

We’re you playing in the river game?

You can dig all you want pal!

What happened between me & Phil in The Model village at Bourton on the Water stays in the model village at Bourton on the Water! 

*Actually... Just realised... the last time that phrase had any meaningful relevance in my life was many moons ago, relating to The Banana Bar in Amsterdam!  How spooky is that!  Maybe I only experience excitement in my life, when The Dutch are around?  Maybe that's why I have a top-of-the-range Dutch tent!  Hey, I'm cool with that!  After all, they are my favourite race/nation/people/species/erm.../shut up.../now!  

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Took the kids there a few years back and decided to pop over the road to Birdland. Gutted - it's full of penguins, storks and eagles.

31 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You can dig all you want pal!

What happened between me & Phil in The Model village at Bourton on the Water stays in the model village at Bourton on the Water! 

*Actually... Just realised... the last time that phrase had any meaningful relevance in my life was many moons ago, relating to The Banana Bar in Amsterdam!  How spooky is that!  Maybe I only experience excitement in my life, when The Dutch are around?  Maybe that's why I have a top-of-the-range Dutch tent!  Hey, I'm cool with that!  After all, they are my favourite race/nation/people/species/erm.../shut up.../now!  

Did Steve Maclaren’s accent raise a semi? 

6 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Took the kids there a few years back and decided to pop over the road to Birdland. Gutted - it's full of penguins, storks and eagles.

Can't believe you're telling all on an open forum.

That's not the approach me & Phil adopted!  

#shocked!  

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

According to that article we were challenging for the  paly-offs at one point under PC. So not only do they write meaningless articles, they also don't proof read them. Pffft amateurs. 

Hey come on @Steve How Hard?...it's a busy newsroom...phones going off...hot presses whirring...lots of high octane meetings, shouts of "Stop Press!", hard liquer being slugged, snorts of coke!, internet being scoured for morsels of faintly appropriate click bait...no time to proof read... ?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

According to that article we were challenging for the  paly-offs at one point under PC. So not only do they write meaningless articles, they also don't proof read them. Pffft amateurs. 

There was a short spell where we started to look OK before it all fell away after the lockdown. It was fleeting and that run in where we played five of the top six and lost every one was very much a reality check.

Last season was just misery thought.