EFL Reform

simmoram1995

Reading that you would think he was sympathetic to our current plight so is there really an EFL agenda to 'punish' us with these further -9 points? Nice to see he acknowledges parachute payments are a major problem.

60% wages to revenue would be great but unfortunately its players and agents pushing rising wages

1 hour ago, ScamRam said:

Reading that you would think he was sympathetic to our current plight so is there really an EFL agenda to 'punish' us with these further -9 points? Nice to see he acknowledges parachute payments are a major problem.

60% wages to revenue would be great but unfortunately its players and agents pushing rising wages

You can sit on the bench or the stands in the premiership and get £60,000 per week and that’s just the average - here lies the problem 

1 hour ago, ScamRam said:

After they have done us in they will start to let all the others off 

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

After they have done us in they will start to let all the others off 

Yep. The narrative will be that it took a big club to go under to really bring home how importantly reform was needed - and ignore the fact that it is totally in their power to not apply the coup de grace. 

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Hi sorry if this is already in a discussion but  just read a piece about Parry’s football reform recommendations here’s the piece 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-chairman-sets-out-major-5972581.amp

what’s your thoughts ?

Is he finally seeing sense?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

To be fair on Parry he has been saying this since he took the job on.

I think he's using Derby's circumstances to illustrate it. Rather opportunistic, but to suggest he has orchestrated it all would make him machivellian! 

Machiavelli seems a cute little kitten compared to some of the actors in this latest scenario!

Some things are stranger than fiction.

Demonising another who is prepared to write off £100 million pounds and face the opprobrium of others who would not risk the loss of a tiny fraction of their own nett worth is the stuff of fables indeed!

At least most on this site are above that sort of thing.

Edited by Brammie Steve

The Premier League will be absolutely delighted that the Football League are discussing how they can take more of their revenue from them. I learned very early, it's important to be self-serving in business. The Football League discussing how they can take more of the pie, yet I'd imagine many Premier League chairman will be thinking the very same. 

Getting rid of parachute payments just won't happen. Nor, I'd imagine, will the Premier League accept a deal where they pool revenues. It's a nice idea, but clearly under-estimating the Premier League's compassion OR massively over-stating their hand. It's one or the other. 

18 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I wonder if this stance is a pre cursor to them agreeing to a 'softer' punishment for us.

Also his point on cash being the key to administration would stand us in very good stead when it comes to the administration appeal...if we make one. Acknowledgement that cash was the issue and the lack of cash is down to Covid.

I remember during "Spygate", Leeds were given a more lenient punishment in exchange for their agreement to amend the rules to effectively ban what they did

I know our situation is a world away from the minor spying transgression but I'm sure 100% we would be happy to do the same. It's basically a guilty plea, accept we did wrong, and agree to measures that will change the rules to stop clubs doing what we did.

However given that it was very publicly challenged in court, I doubt our guilty plea would be accepted.

Much as I welcome it, it's kind of ironic he's essentially pooled everything discussed on this forum for what seems like millennia and as such most, if not all of it isn't new.  I would therefore wonder what would have to change to actually stand any chance of any of it being implemented?  I can't see any PL chairman sitting back, reading this thinking, what a great idea, I'll be more than happy give up £xm of my income.  We definitely need change, but I suspect it'll only come by way of a diktat.