EFL Reform

simmoram1995

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The Premier League will be absolutely delighted that the Football League are discussing how they can take more of their revenue from them. I learned very early, it's important to be self-serving in business. The Football League discussing how they can take more of the pie, yet I'd imagine many Premier League chairman will be thinking the very same. 

Getting rid of parachute payments just won't happen. Nor, I'd imagine, will the Premier League accept a deal where they pool revenues. It's a nice idea, but clearly under-estimating the Premier League's compassion OR massively over-stating their hand. It's one or the other. 

Getting rid of parachute payments is on the table with the big 6 who dictate the PL policies, as is an increase in TV cash, however in return the PL want no relegation from or promotion to the Premier League

27 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Getting rid of parachute payments is on the table with the big 6 who dictate the PL policies, as is an increase in TV cash, however in return the PL want no relegation from or promotion to the Premier League

No relegation or promotion between the EFL and EPL will eventually happen, I'm sure.

I'd imagine there would be a 2-division Premier League, as there is with the U23 league, which would lower the amount of games for the top teams. The EFL would then have to adapt to survive, although they no doubt would make a lot of money in severance pay in order to give the green light to such a thing. 

36 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Why is that good for the PL? It is the thing that keeps most of the games interesting at all. 

It would be awful for football and the fans in general but, as long as the games are interesting enough to attract the TV revenue shared out amongst a closed shop, I’m sure all PL owners would vote in favour.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find all the teams who've played in the bottom two tiers voting for that. Hypocrisy is a big part of modern football. I would hope that their fans would protest that as loudly as they did the ESL, but I'm not putting my house on it.