To stay positive? Positive answers please.

RoyMac5

There are times when certain types of players step up to the mark and provide the inspiration that teammates and fans need.  They sometimes aren’t necessarily the most technically gifted footballers but their drive, mental and physical strength and willingness to give all for the team (even if they’re not actually playing) give truth to the feeling that anything can be overcome.

I give you the Scottish Pirlo, one Mr Graeme Shinnie, who did not deserve to be on the losing side today and gave everything in the cause not to be.  While he’s in and around the squad we should always remain positive.

on the pitch has been a shining light this season for me, a chance to get away from all the drama for 90 minuites.

yes we have had late drama in a few games but the pride has always been there from the playing staff. i genuinely dont think we could be asking any more of the playing squad than what we have recieved and that goes for rooney too.

remember at the start of the season we were written off by all as possibly the worst team to play at this level

Edited by alram

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm just having a bit of a wobble - we've looked really quite solid with a good bit of attacking (you know I'm gonna find my old 'we're a 20 goal striker away from a good squad' thread)! But we need our luck to shift just slightly...

#COYR

We do.  I’m not sure that we’ve had much luck for a while now just generally. There are seasons when you think that all the luck, the 50/50 decisions, just go your way. It doesn’t feel that we’ve had that for some time.

Just accept what we are right now and enjoy the ride! Take pride in the performance of a limited squad and a fast-learning management team that all appear to be respecting the badge on their shirts.

Realistically, what’s the worst that can happen - we get relegated. But really who cares! League One is just the same circus, different towns in which to pitch the Big Top. 

Edited by StarterForTen

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm just having a bit of a wobble - we've looked really quite solid with a good bit of attacking (you know I'm gonna find my old 'we're a 20 goal striker away from a good squad' thread)! But we need our luck to shift just slightly...

#COYR

Come on Roy, keep the faith ?

Last 3 games against teams we all believe will be top 6...won one, drew one, only lost one in last minute. Given the limitations on transfers, we are performing much better than expected. We're only a Stretton step up or a Lawrence hot streak away from winning more than we lose. Bench looked pretty strong today & Bielik still to return.

And your man Rooney is playing an absolute blinder. Never thought you'd hear me say that eh ?

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

Come on Roy, keep the faith ?

Last 3 games against teams we all believe will be top 6...won one, drew one, only lost one in last minute. Given the limitations on transfers, we are performing much better than expected. We're only a Stretton step up or a Lawrence hot streak away from winning more than we lose. Bench looked pretty strong today & Bielik still to return.

And your man Rooney is playing an absolute blinder. Never thought you'd hear me say that eh ?

Yeah #COYR! 

It's just *whispers* it's gonna be a real tough season with a small squad, and even I'm not sure Wayne can 'work wonders and poo miracles'! (Yet.) ?

We need to keep fighting to the end of every game regardless of what happens elsewhere. This spirit that the team and management are showing right now will burn on into next season and the one after that whereupon we will grow together and rebuild, stronger than before. I really believe this. 
We as fans must keep up the tremendous support for this great football club. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah #COYR! 

It's just *whispers* it's gonna be a real tough season with a small squad, and even I'm not sure Wayne can 'work wonders and poo miracles'! (Yet.) ?

It is going to be tough but we're playing the right way & creating openings. The more we play this way, the better we'll get.

Its the dullest cliche in the world but one game at a time probably apt at the minute. So many off-field issues that can affect things & it'll drive us mad worrying about it all.

Onto Reading...lets back the lads to the rafters again & get out of these negative points ?

Just now, Abu Derby said:

We need to keep fighting to the end of every game regardless of what happens elsewhere. This spirit that the team and management are showing right now will burn on into next season and the one after that whereupon we will grow together and rebuild, stronger than before. I really believe this. 
We as fans must keep up the tremendous support for this great football club. 

I think this is key. Show that Derby can be an attractive place to play if you're either... 

- a top pro in the autumn of their career who can still justify a short term deal

- ambitious lower league /young players looking to step up

Crowd/facilities /Wazza all have a part to play.