To stay positive? Positive answers please.

RoyMac5

We are doing so much better than anyone predicted after the embargoes and transfer restrictions. Just enjoy watching a squad who seem totally committed despite everything with many of our own youngsters stepping up. Necessity has given us this - just add the points back when looking at the table and feel proud - especially of your Wayne!! Lets just make sure we enjoy the football - with everything else if the team carrying on giving it their all, it will be season we look back on for the togetherness between fans and players which we havent had for a little while and which many other fans may be envious of despite the circumstances. 

Many is the match where I've trundled in, shoulders down, and sat nigh on silent throughout, there out of duty (Think cold winter nights under Young Nigel mainly, but still some over more recent years!).

Right now though, I'm actually buzzing, and even more so after yesterday's gallant effort.

Regardless of how this season ultimately pans out, I truly feel we (Management, players, and fans) have a great opportunity to actually earn some respect within the football community before May.

The seat next to me is usually empty.  I'll make enough (positive) noise for two seats, hopefully for the rest of the season!

Bring it on!  Let's do this, Derby!  ?

We have more fight in this squad then another I can remember in quite some time. When times are hard you bottle it or come out swinging, we have a team of swingers.

Shocked Oh My God GIF

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Proud of the squad and management. What a really good show from the lads today. We didn't really get the luck we deserved though.

How do we all stay positive over what is going to be a very long, difficult season for us.

Feeling worried over what might be to come. 

#COYR

Reading your positive posts Macca ?

Despite lack of numbers and having to put a squad together at the last minute, this side have a lot of fight in them. We’ve now played away at 2 of the big sides this season, and defended well against both. We don’t look like we’re going to get hammered by anyone, and stay in games. If we can become more clinical in front of goal (a big if, but stay positive) we could pick up points in most games

I'm a firm believer in a them against us scenario, Have done all my adult life, From Government to OB to authority, This brings a different mentality to your character, It's a togetherness that only the affected can feel.

I Managed a local youth team under 13s many years ago, We played a team from an afluent area of Derby, Our team was from a working Class area, I had 10 players, All with different coloured shorts and socks, The away team were immaculate, Mums and Dads turned up in 4x4s, Mercs and BMWs, We packed our lads in 2 vans, We lost 4-3 with the last kick of the game, Ref added on more time for that reason...imo, I gave a Churchillian ? speech after the game that it's a them and us season.

The following week I had 15 players turn up, We beat them 3-1 in the return game, We had a new kit from a local businessman and finished runners up.

This is what WR is doing in a similar way, You feel the world and luck is against you, Hit the woodwork twice, Baldock missed a great chance, Roos gets a red card, They get a dubiuos corner from where a penalty is given from a moment of brain freeze by CD.

I believe they'll be 25000+ there on Wednesday, We have a very big part to play in all this, We're part of the "no one like us we don't care", So we fight for every point.

I think we have playing extremely well all considered and I’m quietly confident if we don’t have any more points taken off us we could stay up. We do ideally need bielik back and a couple of attacking players adding in jan if possible (and allowed) but this team is doing extremely well all be it, not quite clinical enough - baldock and Lawrence could and maybe should of done much better with their chances yesterday, at least working the goalkeeper (I know the last min Lawrence chance I’m referring to took a deflection but that was a really good chance IMO). Proud of whatever the team does this season whether we stay up or finish in the bottom three. They are showing a lot of fight. Just got to keep the concentration, as hard as it is when tiring, for 90mins. 

To successfully overcome a 12 point deficit would be an unbelievable achievement, any additional penalty will in my opinion be beyond this squad.

We need to assume that the 12 points is it for this season which makes Wednesday night such a huge game - getting to a positive total would be a massive psychological boost for everyone involved with the Club, at the same time bringing another possible errant club closer. To be on +3 by Saturday evening would put us into an encouraging position, +5 fantastic.