Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If the new owner is Mike Ashley or someone similar (business experience wise) which I am guessing they are/ will be.

They will see these spurious claims as laughable as the rest of the planet. 

1/ Gibson has no case whatsoever, (can he sue the National Lottery because he didn’t win the jackpot because someone bought an extra ticket more than him) ?.

2/ Wycombe neither have any claim against us as it was The EFL that didn’t apply the 9 points deduction last season and not DCFC. 

Neither of these “debts/charges” have a cat in hells chance of binding onto DCFC & that is why I don’t see this putting off Mike Ashley or anyone else.

In actual fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the new owners don’t put a counter claim against both these charlatans and the EFL for restricting our business practices for the last 2 years. We could even see a challenge to eradicate our 9 point deduction if these morons persist with both their extremely tenuous claims.

So in short Gibson and Wycombe, get back to your miserable little lives and take your pathetic grievances and shove em when the ☀️ don’t shine.

COYR ????????

Think paricularly if it is Ashley  that buys us , then others may think twice before taking him on on the courts or LAP

Edited by GboroRam
Edited quote

Not sure why Boro and Wycombe are suing us rather than the EFL whom by implication would have been complicit in our cheating. The corporate manslaughter edict must be applied on the other hand that even if the most responsible person in the organisation wasn't aware of malfeasance then this is no defense if something then goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

The EFL if they had any sense at all won't touch this with a 10ft pole as it'd be like opening Pandora's box. At the end of the day the claims are utterly baseless and devoid of all merit. The club has been punished by the governing body and further claims about possibilities in regards to positions of past seasons are nothing more than a shakedown by 2 embittered owners. Our accounting manipulations didn't make Middlesborough lose the last 6 games of the season or make Wycombe suck until the last 10 games either. The bookies odds compensation claim is just the cherry on top of the loser sundae as far as I'm concerned that highlights how ludicrous it all is. 

Dont 'Boro have a conflict of interests having one of theirs in the EFL nake up ? 

Didn't our chap have to step down ? ....what's that all about ?

Still can’t get my head around these claims, Wycombe got promoted by the help of PPG so they should be think themselves lucky in the first place, wasn’t our fault they couldn’t win a game towards the end of the season, we both played 46 games…. 
I just can’t believe the EFL are letting these claims go ahead as the longer this goes on the more likely liquidation becomes, more likely we have to sell players on the cheap this window, it’s an absolute joke Gibson should be embarrassed by his actions against us! 

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Still can’t get my head around these claims, Wycombe got promoted by the help of PPG so they should be think themselves lucky in the first place, wasn’t our fault they couldn’t win a game towards the end of the season, we both played 46 games…. 
I just can’t believe the EFL are letting these claims go ahead as the longer this goes on the more likely liquidation becomes, more likely we have to sell players on the cheap this window, it’s an absolute joke Gibson should be embarrassed by his actions against us! 

He is happy with his actions it would appear 

14 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

I think that we need to hear from Ashley if he is really interested or not. Can't see anyone else but Ashley wanting to take on Boro and Wycombe before committing to buy us.

47 minutes ago, Topram said:

If Wycombe had a claim, then surely whoever got relegated the season before would have a claim against Sheffield Wednesday. And in that case, Wednesday would be down already, and Rotherham and us would’ve been relegated last season anyway, whether we were docked the points last season or not. We were only safe cos of their points deduction.

it’s a bit daft that every season these days at least one or two relegation spots are being reserved for teams with points deductions. What with parachute teams almost guaranteed to go up, relegation and promotion is almost sorted before a season starts. 

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Seeing fans of other clubs say they couldn’t care less if we were liquidated is horrible to see. What happened to healthy sporting rivalry? They’re poisonous saying they truly wish this upon another club. 

Twitterati, I'm afraid 

Re Wycombe I can’t believe this is still an issue it wasn’t our fault the Efl delayed our points deduction, I believe it was delayed because the Efl were pressured by other clubs to appeal our accounts. Re Boro, it’s all hypothetical, if they got in the play offs, if they won the semi finals, if they won the final 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

If Wycombe had a claim, then surely whoever got relegated the season before would have a claim against Sheffield Wednesday. And in that case, Wednesday would be down already, and Rotherham and us would’ve been relegated last season anyway, whether we were docked the points last season or not. We were only safe cos of their points deduction.

it’s a bit daft that every season these days at least one or two relegation spots are being reserved for teams with points deductions. What with parachute teams almost guaranteed to go up, relegation and promotion is almost sorted before a season starts. 

At Sheff Wed's Tribunal hearing, it was revealed that the EFL wanted Wednesday and Derby's potential penalties to be applied to the seasons that would most impact on them, SWFC in 2019/20 (when their original 9 point penalty would have relegated them, but their eventual 6 point penalty wouldn't have) and Derby in 2020/21 (because we were more than 12 points clear of relegation in 2019/20). The Tribunal threw out their proposal stating that it wasn't the purpose of the Tribunal to directly relegate a team (i.e SWFC) by applying a penalty without giving them the opportunity to overcome that penalty on the field of play, and therefor the punishment must be applied to the following season.

Boro then further delayed our 2nd Tribunal (arising from the EFL's appeal against the decision of the 1st Tribunal) by commencing an Arbitration against DCFC  that had to be considered and determined before the LAP could determine the EFL's appeal. The panel determined that Boro had no jurisdiction to either start their own Arbitration or join the EFL's action.

This all started with Boro starting an Arbitration against the EFL in September 2019, which they dropped on the understanding that they would claim compensation from DCFC if the EFL brought charges against DCFC which proved to be successful.

So you can see clearly that the EFL have been in cahoots with Boro from the outset, simply to protect themselves from a very bitter little man.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

At Sheff Wed's Tribunal hearing, it was revealed that the EFL wanted Wednesday and Derby's potential penalties to be applied to the seasons that would most impact on them, SWFC in 2019/20 (when their original 9 point penalty would have relegated them, but their eventual 6 point penalty wouldn't have) and Derby in 2020/21 (because we were more than 12 points clear of relegation in 2019/20). The Tribunal threw out their proposal stating that it wasn't the purpose of the Tribunal to directly relegate a team (i.e SWFC) by applying a penalty without giving them the opportunity to overcome that penalty on the field of play, and therefor the punishment must be applied to the following season.

Boro then further delayed our 2nd Tribunal (arising from the EFL's appeal against the decision of the 1st Tribunal) by commencing an Arbitration against DCFC  that had to be considered and determined before the LAP could determine the EFL's appeal. The panel determined that Boro had no jurisdiction to either start their own Arbitration or join the EFL's action.

This all started with Boro starting an Arbitration against the EFL in September 2019, which they dropped on the understanding that they would claim compensation from DCFC if the EFL brought charges against DCFC which proved to be successful.

So you can see clearly that the EFL have been in cahoots with Boro from the outset, simply to protect themselves from a very bitter little man.

That sounds like we are screwed unless we take it to court as the EFL are in league with Boro?

Because you need to exit admin ‘clean’ as it were. And if they are designated football creditors (which sounds like the nub of the issue) then that can’t happen unless you reach an agreement with them, like all other creditors. Exiting without a CVA is a -15 offence I believe.

From Twitter

1 minute ago, I know nuffin said:

Because you need to exit admin ‘clean’ as it were. And if they are designated football creditors (which sounds like the nub of the issue) then that can’t happen unless you reach an agreement with them, like all other creditors. Exiting without a CVA is a -15 offence I believe.

From Twitter

But they aren't.