Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

Let's be honest, I can well see an approach from Derby supports groups burning bridges in the current circumstances, accidentally or not.

Gibson is convinced of his moral superiority and the justice of his cause so a tone anything other than "forgive us our sins and bless us with understanding of the wisdom of your legal action against a club in insovancy" might have burnt the bridge...

Anyone know what boro's wage bill was in 18-19 compared to ours? I'm sure it's come up previously but I can't remember it.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Let's be honest, I can well see an approach from Derby supports groups burning bridges in the current circumstances, accidentally or not.

Gibson is convinced of his moral superiority and the justice of his cause so a tone anything other than "forgive us our sins and bless us with understanding of the wisdom of your legal action against a club in insovancy" might have burnt the bridge...

Anyone know what boro's wage bill was in 18-19 compared to ours? I'm sure it's come up previously but I can't remember it.

It was higher than ours. As was their transfer budget.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It was higher than ours. As was their transfer budget.

Which will nicely nullify his argument that it was unfair we finished above them because we spent more than we should have.

Same as it would have nullified his argument if his wages+transfer spend was less, that they'd have got promoted, having finished below us.

Still loving going into a court room basing your damage claims on bookies odds.

Why aren’t Middlesbrough taking legal action against Birmingham Reading and Aston Villa who could be said to have had an influence on results and ultimate standings on the league table 

out of interest could we get a refund of points that season when we lost pitifully at Bolton for an example when we were clearly superior to a very boring un entertaining  Middlesbrough 

17814726-C88A-4DF8-A09D-8C86944C0C6D.thumb.png.eed1c8239eca71146a1478cee0513454.png

This is the same poster who posted the original bit. 

Struggling to work out what Covid has to do with anything seeing as the season in question finished about 8 months before Covid was even a thing. Not to mention Rams TV access was given out for near enough free to ST holders if I remember correctly. There’s then a little confusion around selling players - Derby sold the previous seasons Golden Boot winner, and Andi Weimann, the previous summer, for FFP reasons. 

It looks a bit like being the club owner’s official mouthpiece doesn’t stop one posting out of ones arse.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

17814726-C88A-4DF8-A09D-8C86944C0C6D.thumb.png.eed1c8239eca71146a1478cee0513454.png

Struggling to work out what Covid has to do with anything seeing as the season in question finished about 8 months before Covid was even a thing. Not to mention Rams TV access was given out for near enough free to ST holders if I remember correctly. There’s then a little confusion around selling players - Derby sold the previous seasons Golden Boot winner, and Andi Weimann, the previous summer, for FFP reasons. 

It looks a bit like being the club owner’s official mouthpiece doesn’t stop one posting out of ones arse.

So, there is in fact, a large element of Steve Gibson doesn't think Derby have been punished enough so he should be able to punish us more.

Same as his attempt to have Middlesbrough FC have a go at prosecuting DCFC for the stadium sale, which Derby were vindicated on and was not appealed.

Christ the man is a Siberian salt mine.

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Surely £28 million wouldn’t have been enough to completely demolish Middlesbrough town centre ?

Genuinely one of the places I can say would've been improved by an all out nuclear conflict with the Soviet Union.

The appeal of Sunderland combined with the glamour of port Talbot and the friendliness of Motherwell.

Pretty sure when he started raising these issues at a meeting with with all club board members we offered them to view our accounts which Boro refused.

His whole claim is based on ifs & buts, absolute nonsense.

How can he prove Boro would have done better if they signed Waghorn?

How can he prove we wouldnt have done better without Waghorn? As if we missed out on him, we would have signed someone else instead, who may have done better than Waggy.

Is it our fault they lost 6 in a row near the end of the season which saw then drop from 5th to 8th? 

During the last 9 games they only got in the playoffs once.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that with the Sheff U case it was somewhat more 'provable'. Tevez kept WHU up in the final match of the season.

How are Boro going to convince anyone that us finishing above them and then their potential was any more than what they obtained?

That's my point.

Even with all those facts, sheff United only got 10 million.

With inflation that is probably 15.

So Boro are peeing in the wind. The best move from the admins was to say see you in court. Hopefully that was on the say so of whoever the preferred bidder will be.

47 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Hasnt another boro fan replied to the original post and basically called out why it’s all a load of rubbish even if it was true? 

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Hasnt another boro fan replied to the original post and basically called out why it’s all a load of rubbish even if it was true? 

Yes. His argument (he's a lawyer, apparently) is that they'd have to prove Causation i.e that Derby's actions had directly led to them being denied a place in the PL or, at the very least, the play-offs (for which the 'loss or damage' caused would be lower, since once they got to the POs it would be impossible to prove that Boro would have got further than the semi-final, particularly against teams that they hadn't beaten that season). He doesn't think they can, and most reasonable people would agree with that, but obviously we're not dealing with a reasonable person.

13 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Counter claim !!!

Boro 1 Derby 1    1st Jan 1992.    

if we had won we would have got promoted and not them !!     They finished 2nd 80 points we finished 3rd 78 points.

I remember quite clearly that it should not have been a corner from which they scored !! ?

We don't even have to go back that far. Let's not forget that Middlesbrough sold us Mikkel Beck, which is surely grounds for legal action. Derby paid £500,000 for Beck; I've put this through Gibson's patented 'pull a made up figure out of your  a**e' damages calculator, and the amount now due to us is.....

images.png.9962ff925b2754090a54aaf3bb071529.png

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

So Gibson doesnt think we have been punished enough?

Because he could have spent £28 m on his family and it would have gone a long way? Like paying for his chauffeur maybe.

You see I thought it was the EFL and the disciplianry people who decided how much we should be punished, and have done? Not some pubey haired runt from Smoggy land.