The future of Pride Park and Moor Farm?

Carl Sagan

I've started this thread as I don't know what the position is but others on here hopefully do.

My understanding is that, separate from the club, Mel Morris owns Pride Park Stadium.

However, something called a "charge" is on both the stadium and separately on Moor Farm, to MSD which is the investment arm of Michael Dell (originally the Dell Computers founder) which loans money to desperate UK football clubs at very high interest rates. I believe MSD gave us 2 loans to keep the club functioning. 

What does all this mean for the future? I don't know what a charge is or what the implications are.

Might it be that Derby end up like Coventry were until recently, playing miles out of our home town and not in the stadium purpose-built for us? Will Mel rent the ground to the club at a nominal rate? Will he rent it to us at a commercial rate? Will he sell it back to new owners? Or is it not up to him, but rather up to MSD? Do the administrators have any say in any of this? What is likely the position for the remainder of the season?

For Moor Farm, again, does MSD have any claim or say on what happens? Will the administrators likely try to sell the site? 

Any informed opinions or guesswork welcome. I imagine this could be a key element of entering administration, but don't know what the implications are likely to be.

I'd be more concerned about Moor farm than PPS - the stadium i think will (by some mechanism or other) continue to be used for our matches.

It's far more possible Moor farm is closed up or even sold.

I thought the company that held pride park was also going into admin as the whole group of companies is going into administration?

18 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

MSD take control, likely lease it back to the club (or phoenix club should it come to it). 10-15 years time under a stable ownership they buy the stadium back again. 

Why would MSD take control? From what people are saying Pride Park isn't part of the administration. 

Maguire said last night that he believed all elements of the club are likely to be sold as a whole as this would make the club more attractive to purchasers. I guess from a MSD loan perspective, it would make sense for the administrator to do this, as MSD will get all monies owed repaid.

Speculation on my part though.

Edited by Rammeister

A charge means that the loan made by MSD was secured against the assets against which the charge was given - without it highly unlikely that the loan would have been given (too risky for lender) - the charge effectively secures the lenders position in the event of default- same way that a bank takes a charge over a property when it provides a mortgage. So if MSD aren’t repaid they take control of PP / Moor Farm (if those are the assets over which the charge is given) and obviously can choose to do with them what is in their best interest (sell, keep and lease etc)

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd be more concerned about Moor farm than PPS - the stadium i think will (by some mechanism or other) continue to be used for our matches.

It's far more possible Moor farm is closed up or even sold.

I thought the company that held pride park was also going into admin as the whole group of companies is going into administration?

According to radio Derby the company owning the stadium is not going into administration

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

No idea what is going to happen. Just want to add a little clarification. Moor Farm's buildings are owned by Mel with a charge from MSD. The land is leased from Loco Park Estate. I believe that the lease also has a charge on it.

So could that mean neither the stadium nor the training complex are part of admin? And if Mel continues to pay the interest or repays the loans, he simply owns them outright again?  But if he doesn't, then MSD inherit it all to do with as they see fit?