The future of Pride Park and Moor Farm?

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Or keep the swimming pool and sand pit, build some holiday lets on a few of the pitches and advertise near the beach with communal pool. 

Create a bit of a Centre Parks type thing in Oakwood and we could be generating revenue from it in no time. 

Andre Wisdom as tour guide 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Hummmmm does this mean MSD end up owning the stadium and the training facilities. Detached from the Administrators hands. ? In this case I see  the Administration working something like this

Sell championship football club on its way to League one, price is hugely dependant on debt level buyer wants to take on.

The Admin work for the creditors remember, so it can’t be given away.

The buyers are going to need a stadium …. So the deal includes a sign up to buy, pay rent or lease those tangible assets ?

What are MSD going to want for that ? … Either 80 million to buy it as an entity, or so many million per year in rent / lease ? 

Meanwhile Admin keeps us running until Jan transfer window. We know costs are now much reduced, so they can probably afford wait till the Jan window when they sell the players of value to recover more for creditors. …. If we get to that point though, then I guess we are on rapidly sinking ground.

in the end the cost of use of the stadium is the key … 15000 season tickets and general sales amount to 10 million income PA. I suggest that 1/3 of that would be needed to rent an 80 million stadium ..  = 3 million a year .. it does sound proportionally a bit like your mortgage/rent ?  One thing for sure MSD need a return and a football club is the only thing that’s going to provide it at a reasonable level. 

I reckon there  are only  4 assets in the club

1) It’s name, brand and golden share 

2) The venue and facilities

3) Goodwill .. in football this is so huge because it’s the fans that you know will pay every week year on year .. it’s confirmed customers / income 

4) The Players .. but they are depreciating assets like lap tops and company cars 

Bit of a Jono ramble that one. Just simplifying for myself .. cut out the blurb and complex financial talk .. what are we ? what have we got that makes the machine work ? 

#2??? What is this

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

#2??? What is this

I should have said in A club .. In generic terms I was trying to describe what any particular club might have, that can be quantified. ( as much for my own benefit; amidst all the detailed insider knowledge some people think they have about the inner workings of the clubs finances - aka “SWAGS” .. scientific wild arsed guesses ) Clearly the Ground is under the control of Mel / MSD rather than DCFC - I think that was pretty clear from my earlier meanderings but if you really want to be snotty about it then please carry on. 

Edited by jono