The EFL kept our £8.3m!

RoyMac5

From the DCFC statement:

"These issues also led the EFL to preclude the Club from drawing down circa £8.3 million of financial assistance, as was made available to all other Championship clubs in respect of settling PAYE liabilities, further aggravating our cash flow and ability to meet our financial obligations."

So there is no vendetta against Mel? 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

From the DCFC statement:

"These issues also led the EFL to preclude the Club from drawing down circa £8.3 million of financial assistance, as was made available to all other Championship clubs in respect of settling PAYE liabilities, further aggravating our cash flow and ability to meet our financial obligations."

No there isn't. 

The bar steward wouldn't pay his bills.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

I’m sure I read around January/February time that clubs that failed to pay their wages on time, albeit once, aren’t then entitled to the payment?

Don't know. Letter of the law/Spirit of the law. The EFL are happy to see us go under!

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It does on the face of it sound like a material contributory factor. 

Also the bit which inferred that the vexatious claims around the stadium transaction caused the loss of a sale. 

A very bitter statement I thought. Certainly doesn't look much like bridge building with the EFL. 

Might as well go down swinging. 

Hard to see how taking the retrospective relegation would have been worse.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It does on the face of it sound like a material contributory factor. 

Also the bit which inferred that the vexatious claims around the stadium transaction caused the loss of a sale. 

A very bitter statement I thought. Certainly doesn't look much like bridge building with the EFL. 

If we’re going into admin there’s not a lot of point building bridges - far more likely to blow a a few up….

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the DCFC statement:

No of course not.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The EFL certainly don’t appear to have made any actions to actually help us ?

The EFL have a track record for not supporting it's own members. We are just the latest in an ever lengthening queue. From Bury to Wigan and all the alphabet in between Now is the time to fight back. I hope Morris gets out then sues the balls off them. I would. 

The king is dead long live the King