The EFL kept our £8.3m!

RoyMac5

I'm with @RoyMac5 on this one. I don't think the EFL ever expected Mel to pull the plug and were enjoying keeping him squirming for as long as they possibly could, unable to sell us. As demonstrated by the threat in their statement earlier this week: "There are no timescales for this matter to be concluded and the League will not be providing any further comment at this time." 

Yes of course fault lies with Mel too, but whatever he's done wrong, for good or ill he's had the best interests of the club at heart. And clearly today that's shown to be for ill. But I don't believe in recent years the EFL have had the club's best interests or football's best interests at heart.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm with @RoyMac5 on this one. I don't think the EFL ever expected Mel to pull the plug and were enjoying keeping him squirming for as long as they possibly could, unable to sell us. As demonstrated by the threat in their statement earlier this week: "There are no timescales for this matter to be concluded and the League will not be providing any further comment at this time." 

Yes of course fault lies with Mel too, but whatever he's done wrong, for good or ill he's had the best interests of the club at heart. And clearly today that's shown to be for ill. But I don't believe in recent years the EFL have had the club's best interests or football's best interests at heart.

Mel, Best interests? Well that turned out well.  How can you possibly think that still.  If this was a foreigner in the same situation I doubt anybody would say that.  

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Total baalocks Carl. 

He could quite easily chuck the money at us to keep us upright, wouldn't even make a dent in his fortune.

Yet he's seen us capsized after turning off the funding taps he'd loosened.

Quite frankly, he should fund us until he's flat broke, otherwise he should never have got involved.

Edited by Rev

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Total baalocks Carl. 

He could quite easily chuck the money at us to keep us upright, wouldn't even make a dent in his fortune.

Yet he's seen us capsized after turning off the funding taps he'd loosened.

Quite frankly, he should fund us until he's flat broke, otherwise he should never have got involved.

The way to make a small fortune is to start with a large fortune and buy a football club. That seems to me what Mel has done. I have no idea how much is left but I certainly wouldn't believe the Sunday Times rich list figures.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The way to make a small fortune is to start with a large fortune and buy a football club. That seems to me what Mel has done. I have no idea how much is left but I certainly wouldn't believe the Sunday Times rich list figures.

I doubt he's going to be going to be selling his house or rattling a paper cup round Derby carl. 

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I like reading your posts Carl they're always well thought out and balanced.

In this case I just think your loyalty is sadly misplaced. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't think he was in the ST Rich List this year, unless someone has info I haven't seen? 

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Boo hoo, the guy in his mid 60s only has an 8 figure wealth instead of a 9 figure one.

He knows what he took on when he bought the club

I'm sure he won't be hungry tonight. He won't give a second thought to switching on the central heating when the weather turns in the next few weeks. He wants for nothing.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Boo hoo, the guy in his mid 60s only has an 8 figure wealth instead of a 9 figure one.

He knows what he took on when he bought the club

I'm sure he won't be hungry tonight. He won't give a second thought to switching on the central heating when the weather turns in the next few weeks. He wants for nothing.

Absolutely!

When he acquired the trainset he at least had the obligation not to break it. One of his first decisions was to sack Mac. Most of his subsequent managerial decisions were equally crap. He will not run out of money in his lifetime. His actions have had a disastrous effect on thousands of Derby supporters. Get him gone, never to darken Pride Park's doors again.