The EFL kept our £8.3m!

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Won't commit to the ongoing costs of the club, but some want us to take taxpayers money. 

The EFL got this one right. It's not our money. 

The issue isn’t whether it’s right to take taxpayers money or not. If basically every other club got the money, but we didn’t because of the EFL issues (where it’s still far from clear what we’ve actually done wrong), then there’s a major issue of fair play.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the DCFC statement:

"These issues also led the EFL to preclude the Club from drawing down circa £8.3 million of financial assistance, as was made available to all other Championship clubs in respect of settling PAYE liabilities, further aggravating our cash flow and ability to meet our financial obligations."

So there is no vendetta against Mel? 

Nothing to stop MM putting his own money in if he cared about the club that much

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Yes but don't let that get in the way of some still wanting to blame the EFL

Whilst I absolutely agree with you, the only nagging doubt I have is the slowing up of the whole situation of dealing with the ffp has effectively been death by a thousand knives.

It makes me wonder just how the elf expected this to play out!

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The issue isn’t whether it’s right to take taxpayers money or not. If basically every other club got the money, but we didn’t because of the EFL issues (where it’s still far from clear what we’ve actually done wrong), then there’s a major issue of fair play.

So let somebody prove they were wrong to withhold payment.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Didn't pay wages on time and won't commit to ongoing costs from what I have read. Seems reasonable to me.