Protest against the right people

MackworthRamIsGod

58 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Sadly no FFP when Watford bought half of its feeder club on loan , Wolves got The super agent client , Leicester we’re bankrupted but some how cleared there debt and Southampton the same. Then QPR broke FFP but got promoted so just got a fine 

Watford 2015, FFP was in place but the EFL decided that things like cancelling Ighalo's contract at their owner's Spanish club and signing him up at Watford as a free agent outside the transfer window was perfectly legit. Ighalo's goals fired Watford to promotion that same season. 

Leicester, I'm talking about their promotion season in 2014 when they set up a dummy marketing deal with a £1 company that allowed their owner to invest a further £10m that paid the wages of the players that won them promotion which, ultimately, led to them winning the PL. Leicester eventually agreed a fine with the EFL, but it was a fraction of their PL earnings. 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm no fan of Mel anymore, he deserves a lot of the stick he receives, same with Pearce, but, protests shouldn't be aimed at them, they should be aimed squarely at the EFL.

It surprises me that some fans haven't clicked onto who the real enemy are. Protesting against Mel Morris will have Rick Parry licking his lips, and Steve Gibsons no doubt. Any protest against Mel, regardless of our feelings, is another dent against the club.

Protests need to be pre-arranged, before and after the game, banners with words to the effect that the EFL are destroying football. The media need to know so the protests get air time and we need a spokesperson who can appear in the media and give facts as to why we feel we are being harshly treated. Such as; if the EFL hadn't signed off all our accounts we wouldn't have paid 10 million for Bielik, or 4 million for Jozwiak, or x amount for Wayne Rooney.

In all of this, we don't have anyone visibly representing Derby and trying to set our story straight.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the EFL and Rick Parry, I would rather see us play non-league football and fight them to the hilt than bend over and accept guilt!

If Mel Morris reads this (he won't), you have made lots of mistakes, but you have my full backing on this, fight the barstewards right to the very end, don't accept any points deduction, at least until the EFL accept liability also.

Protest against the EFL not Mel!

Utter drivel. He might have fans supporting him if he allowed them to have something like the full information. Has RamsTrust had any response yet to their letter, of what, 2 weeks ago? Some of our supporter groups know something from the meeting a month ago, but probably only greatly sanitised information, but they are not even able to speak about that. The EFL might be our enemy, but Morris is doing very little to engender any fan loyalty or support in my book.

Do you know what I despise more than Mel Morris right now… “so called” fans on here and like one of the clowns on RD at the moment saying oh we’re a disgrace, we’re cheats,  throw the book at us, we’re not worthy sucking up what the EFL and other clubs want us to believe - without any facts!!  

Let’s just roll over shall we!! FFS! 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Do you know what I despise more than Mel Morris right now… “so called” fans on here and like one of the clowns on RD at the moment saying oh we’re a disgrace, we’re cheats,  throw the book at us, we’re not worthy sucking up what the EFL and other clubs want us to believe - without any facts!!  

Let’s just roll over shall we!! FFS! 

That is well said.

If we are found guilty through a due process that is objective, open and proceeded with in a timely manner, then so be it. 

So far the process followed by the EFL appears far from that and thus appears tainted and manipulated by hidden, sinister forces. 

The EFL have done little to appear fair and balanced. How do they expect the clubs to have confidence in them? 

The fact that their narrative, as poorly constructed and unproven as it is, is being shrilly touted as truth by the media, other clubs and general tittle tattle is, quite frankly, disgraceful. 

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

I don't think they have a vendetta against DCFC (why would they) but perhaps (and with some merit) believe Mel isn't good for the league or DCFC.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, surely if they want to see the back of Mel, they wouldn’t hinder his chances of selling, which is exactly what the impact of this drawn out saga is delivering!

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Not quite EVERY trick - there's the scams that Leicester, Wolves and Watford pulled and got away with that we haven't used yet.

And that's where the problem lies MM tried those scams to get into the Prem and he couldn't even get that right so don't blame them when we tried it ourselves but failed.

14 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

And that's where the problem lies MM tried those scams to get into the Prem and he couldn't even get that right so don't blame them when we tried it ourselves but failed.

Is it OK to blame the EFL for believing that fraud isn't fraud? 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Agreed but we created the situation. We should not be surprised at the EFL stance. His ego got the better of him and now he is getting shafted. 

Ego? Mel? ? i knew when i saw them photos he did when he bought the club, we were foooooked lol! Wish i had been wrong tho ?

Problem is its not just him getting shafted tho, its all us too!

Edited by De22Ram

1 hour ago, The Key Club King said:

In all honesty, the full mechanisms of the charges against us I do not fully understand and there are huge teams of lawyers on both sides battling over the complexities of this. What I would say is that the "EFL is after us" brigade smacks of paranoia and I think the EFL have better things to do than be "solely focused on bringing Mel Morris down". 

Sooner or later we'll realise...

ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg.f9b62e65cdde18ba59e55bd21ee6ae59.jpg

Yes they do have better things to do, like protecting clubs after the impact of Covid 19. Relaxing FFP to allow for the losses sustained due to loss of revenue.

Have the EFL done that? No they haven't.

Why? Too busy trying to put clubs out of business.

Personally I don't see what the EFL has done wrong. It has been Derby who decided to do their accounts different to all of the other clubs. It is a situation that we have brought upon ourselves through trying to be too clever. 

Where we are at currently, again, I'm not sure what the EFL can do differently. They want Derby to agree a punishment so neither of them has to go through the courts again which will take even longer. We are in conversation with them rather than flat out denying there should be any punishment, so were guilty of something. With the business plan, I'm of the view that the EFL actually have our interests at heart. We have a football club that is haemorrhaging money with a owner who wants out. EFL want to a plan created where we don't go down the toilet, I guess they can't take Mel at his word. 

Like everyone I want this over as quickly as possible, but I'm of the view that we've brought this upon ourselves. I'd quite like a club in the football league to take my kid to next season when hes old enough. 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes they do have better things to do, like protecting clubs after the impact of Covid 19. Relaxing FFP to allow for the losses sustained due to loss of revenue.

Have the EFL done that? No they haven't.

Why? Too busy trying to put clubs out of business.

Genuine question - what possible benefit would the EFL gain out of putting clubs out of business to directly quote you

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm no fan of Mel anymore, he deserves a lot of the stick he receives, same with Pearce, but, protests shouldn't be aimed at them, they should be aimed squarely at the EFL.

It surprises me that some fans haven't clicked onto who the real enemy are. Protesting against Mel Morris will have Rick Parry licking his lips, and Steve Gibsons no doubt. Any protest against Mel, regardless of our feelings, is another dent against the club.

Protests need to be pre-arranged, before and after the game, banners with words to the effect that the EFL are destroying football. The media need to know so the protests get air time and we need a spokesperson who can appear in the media and give facts as to why we feel we are being harshly treated. Such as; if the EFL hadn't signed off all our accounts we wouldn't have paid 10 million for Bielik, or 4 million for Jozwiak, or x amount for Wayne Rooney.

In all of this, we don't have anyone visibly representing Derby and trying to set our story straight.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the EFL and Rick Parry, I would rather see us play non-league football and fight them to the hilt than bend over and accept guilt!

If Mel Morris reads this (he won't), you have made lots of mistakes, but you have my full backing on this, fight the barstewards right to the very end, don't accept any points deduction, at least until the EFL accept liability also.

Protest against the EFL not Mel!

It surprises me that some fans believe all the BS that comes out of the club!