Protest against the right people

MackworthRamIsGod

I'm no fan of Mel anymore, he deserves a lot of the stick he receives, same with Pearce, but, protests shouldn't be aimed at them, they should be aimed squarely at the EFL.

It surprises me that some fans haven't clicked onto who the real enemy are. Protesting against Mel Morris will have Rick Parry licking his lips, and Steve Gibsons no doubt. Any protest against Mel, regardless of our feelings, is another dent against the club.

Protests need to be pre-arranged, before and after the game, banners with words to the effect that the EFL are destroying football. The media need to know so the protests get air time and we need a spokesperson who can appear in the media and give facts as to why we feel we are being harshly treated. Such as; if the EFL hadn't signed off all our accounts we wouldn't have paid 10 million for Bielik, or 4 million for Jozwiak, or x amount for Wayne Rooney.

In all of this, we don't have anyone visibly representing Derby and trying to set our story straight.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the EFL and Rick Parry, I would rather see us play non-league football and fight them to the hilt than bend over and accept guilt!

If Mel Morris reads this (he won't), you have made lots of mistakes, but you have my full backing on this, fight the barstewards right to the very end, don't accept any points deduction, at least until the EFL accept liability also.

Protest against the EFL not Mel!

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've read fans will be protesting tomorrow, I don't know the details, just Twitter rumblings.

I just hope they are aimed at the right people if it does happen.

But people will make their own minds up surely where they think the "blame" is to lie without having to be told?

I'm not advocating protests btw whoever they are against will be another unwelcome distraction in the circus that is our club atm and very unhelpful.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But people will make their own minds up surely where they think the "blame" is to lie without having to be told?

I'm not advocating protests btw whoever they are against will be another unwelcome distraction in the circus that is our club atm and very unhelpful.

Of course they will.

However right or wrong they or I am.

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm no fan of Mel anymore, he deserves a lot of the stick he receives, same with Pearce, but, protests shouldn't be aimed at them, they should be aimed squarely at the EFL.

It surprises me that some fans haven't clicked onto who the real enemy are. Protesting against Mel Morris will have Rick Parry licking his lips, and Steve Gibsons no doubt. Any protest against Mel, regardless of our feelings, is another dent against the club.

Protests need to be pre-arranged, before and after the game, banners with words to the effect that the EFL are destroying football. The media need to know so the protests get air time and we need a spokesperson who can appear in the media and give facts as to why we feel we are being harshly treated. Such as; if the EFL hadn't signed off all our accounts we wouldn't have paid 10 million for Bielik, or 4 million for Jozwiak, or x amount for Wayne Rooney.

In all of this, we don't have anyone visibly representing Derby and trying to set our story straight.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the EFL and Rick Parry, I would rather see us play non-league football and fight them to the hilt than bend over and accept guilt!

If Mel Morris reads this (he won't), you have made lots of mistakes, but you have my full backing on this, fight the barstewards right to the very end, don't accept any points deduction, at least until the EFL accept liability also.

Whichever way we dress it up we broke the rules... he bent over backwards to avoid FFP so is it a massive surprise they want us punished... We had to work out an accounting process to work around the rules and sell our stadium so that we could make the signings we have. Ultimately he tried to cheat and he's embarrassed the club and the fans. We'll probably go into league one on the back of his ownership so ultimately I don't blame fans if they want Mel out. Whilst I don't doubt his intentions and commitment to Derby County he has monumentally failed! 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I just hope no one does protest as it won't serve any purpose other than being an unwelcome distraction that frankly the club needs like a hole in the head. 

This. Why don't we all save our energy for getting behind the team. Our club does not need any more bad publicity.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hear hear

Let protest against efl not mel

4 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

This. Why don't we all save our energy for getting behind the team. Our club does not need any more bad publicity.

But you can understand people wanting to protest, nothing whatsoever being released by the club officially. The meeting between MM and certain parties gleaned nothing made available to the supporters, no doubt frustration is beginning to boil over. I am surprised there haven't been protests before now

Whoever people decide to protest about, it will be a colossal waste of time.

Protest about the ownership - so what? We all know Mel wants to sell and will do so as soon as possible. We also know that the club are trying to get out of the predicament we are currently in. Protesting isn't going to make that process go any faster. Protest about the mistakes have been made? Well, OK but you can't change what has happened so what's the point?  Does anybody at the club think the fan base is happy and needs to be disavowed of that opinion? I shouldn't think so.

Protest against the EFL? Go ahead - they won't care and it won't lead to any rule changes. That will only happen - and I agree that they should - when all of the clubs start protesting. But it suits other clubs to see us 'get done' so they won't lift a finger to help (and they may not agree that the rules of stupid either). As far as the EFL are concerned, all they are doing is applying the rules that they think we have broken. I imagine they are quite happy and smug about the whole situation.

If people want to waste their time - and it makes them feel better - then go for it. I'm sure a bit of venting might be cathartic to some. But it will have zero positive impact on anything else. If a protest does occur, then I hope it happens after the match rather than before or during, as the one impact it might have is unsettling the team.

The only way to get the EFL to take any notice of a protest is to get the games delayed or canceled! Specially ones on tv! Im not saying thats what people should do but people protesting outside the ground will be good for fans to vent and get a bit of media attention but the EFL wont care!

Best thing to do is get behind the team and try and help the lads rack up some points ??

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Yeah the EFL have a vendetta against us. Just like they did against Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Nothing to do with the fact we've tried every trick in the book of course.

Do you, or anyone that liked your post, honestly think the EFL are working honourably, with the best interests of the game at heart and aren't solely focused on bringing Mel Morris down?

It isn't a vendetta against Derby, it's a battle of egos between Rick Parry and Mel Morris, club and fans are collateral damage.

Tbh it’s pointless protesting against Mel who is openly trying to leave unlike a club like Oldham. He wants out and us telling him to go or whatever isn’t going to make it happen any faster. I do agree that someone somewhere needs to start setting Derby’s story straight. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sorry but Morris put the bullets in the gun. 100% his fault.