Protest against the right people

MackworthRamIsGod

4 hours ago, RedSox said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, surely if they want to see the back of Mel, they wouldn’t hinder his chances of selling, which is exactly what the impact of this drawn out saga is delivering!

Agreed but they have to be seen to be taking action to prevent reoccurrence perhaps?

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do you, or anyone that liked your post, honestly think the EFL are working honourably, with the best interests of the game at heart and aren't solely focused on bringing Mel Morris down?

It isn't a vendetta against Derby, it's a battle of egos between Rick Parry and Mel Morris, club and fans are collateral damage.

What I honestly think is that the EFL is a rules based organisation and that we've bent them to breaking point. That's why we're being sanctioned. No more to it than that.

Blaming the EFL for our current predicament is like blaming the Police when you get sent down after being caught drink driving.

8 minutes ago, JABBA said:

Morris chose to rack up debts in our name

Morris chose to not have an exec board to help with governance

Morris chose to fight the EFL and drag this out

Morris has chosen not to deal with potential investors

Morris has chosen to put us into admin because he no longer wants to pay for his mistakes 

Morris owns PP

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Mel's reign has, by definition, been a disaster given how it's ended. I agree it's ludicrous to blame the EFL. But it's totally unfair to compare Mel to the 3 Amigos. They were  extracting money from the club. Mel has put in millions and unquestionably wanted success for the club above all else. Unfortunately the best squad we've had under Mel was the one he inherited the day before the play-off final against QPR. Since then he's spent getting on for £50 million making it weaker.

Assuring a fanbase that the club won't go into admin and flogging 16.000 season tickets a week before doing that, seems much and the same to me.  The biggest disaster to happen to this club.  ******** and bluster.

If supporters want to express their anger, sadness, concern by protesting about the mismanagement of the club over the last 18 months-6 years (depends on your point of view), or against the uncertainty and processes the EFL have contributed to, then I say go for it.

I agree there's no point saying we want Mel out, but making our feelings clear on the state of the club is completely fair game.

Best thing we can do is 90 minutes of We Are Derby with anger and frustration either side of it.

11 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Does it have to be one or the other for the blame?

As i see it feels like a bit of both.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Splinter

Quite - Being entirely binary about absolutely everything is a sad part of modern life. I had to unfollow a particular DCFC related author for this today. Painting Mel Morris as the anti-christ and constantly retweeting the master of arch guesswork and knowing F all, Kieran Maguire is enough for me to click that button.....

5 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Quite - Being entirely binary about absolutely everything is a sad part of modern life. I had to unfollow a particular DCFC related author for this today. Painting Mel Morris as the anti-christ and constantly retweeting the master of arch guesswork and knowing F all, Kieran Maguire is enough for me to click that button.....

If this ultimately ends in liquidation and the end of the club will you still have fond memories of him?