Protest against the right people

MackworthRamIsGod

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm sorry but Morris put the bullets in the gun. 100% his fault. 

I agree but the EFL and mel have just dragged this whole thing out! 

we need 51% fan ownership in this country, because were the ones that get screwed by all this!

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do you, or anyone that liked your post, honestly think the EFL are working honourably, with the best interests of the game at heart and aren't solely focused on bringing Mel Morris down?

It isn't a vendetta against Derby, it's a battle of egos between Rick Parry and Mel Morris, club and fans are collateral damage.

Yes it is a vendetta against Derby mate and cant be allowed to get away with it.

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Yeah the EFL have a vendetta against us. Just like they did against Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Nothing to do with the fact we've tried every trick in the book of course.

Not quite EVERY trick - there's the scams that Leicester, Wolves and Watford pulled and got away with that we haven't used yet.

Mel has let he club, the team and the fans down badly. I won’t protest I will support the team and do so long after he has gone, regardless of the division. He has given up on Derby and is the only person who can resolve this today. Sadly his ego prevents him doing so. Thanks for your efforts and thanks for the scarf. 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Not quite EVERY trick - there's the scams that Leicester, Wolves and Watford pulled and got away with that we haven't used yet.

Sadly no FFP when Watford bought half of its feeder club on loan , Wolves got The super agent client , Leicester we’re bankrupted but some how cleared there debt and Southampton the same. Then QPR broke FFP but got promoted so just got a fine 

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

It’s Mels money that he’s thrown away , overspent on crap , circumvented the efl rule book if we protest he’s threatened to walk so surely if Mel walked without a buyer what would happen ? 

Only against him but not against efl and for me mel is not to blame but those bankers efl are the ones we should be protesting against.

Chants in the ground stand up hate efl.

But we must keep behind the lads if efl want a battle got one.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm no fan of Mel anymore, he deserves a lot of the stick he receives, same with Pearce, but, protests shouldn't be aimed at them, they should be aimed squarely at the EFL.

It surprises me that some fans haven't clicked onto who the real enemy are. Protesting against Mel Morris will have Rick Parry licking his lips, and Steve Gibsons no doubt. Any protest against Mel, regardless of our feelings, is another dent against the club.

Protests need to be pre-arranged, before and after the game, banners with words to the effect that the EFL are destroying football. The media need to know so the protests get air time and we need a spokesperson who can appear in the media and give facts as to why we feel we are being harshly treated. Such as; if the EFL hadn't signed off all our accounts we wouldn't have paid 10 million for Bielik, or 4 million for Jozwiak, or x amount for Wayne Rooney.

In all of this, we don't have anyone visibly representing Derby and trying to set our story straight.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the EFL and Rick Parry, I would rather see us play non-league football and fight them to the hilt than bend over and accept guilt!

If Mel Morris reads this (he won't), you have made lots of mistakes, but you have my full backing on this, fight the barstewards right to the very end, don't accept any points deduction, at least until the EFL accept liability also.

Protest against the EFL not Mel!

As others have said, Derby fans protesting in isolation against the EFL will have zero effect. I suspect we have little sympathy from other clubs right now and the EFL probably know that. 

17 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

It’s Mels money that he’s thrown away , overspent on crap , circumvented the efl rule book if we protest he’s threatened to walk so surely if Mel walked without a buyer what would happen ? 

It's not necessarily Mel's money per se (in the abstract sense in that the investments are mostly loans, etc). He is obviously looking to get as much money back as he can. He may write some of it off but I don't believe he's in the Lionel Pickering 'ah fk it' camp and is prepared to write it all off! Let's say he's invested £50m - I'd imagine he wants at least £25m back.Obviously it's not as simple as that because of who owns what and I've no doubt that he'll link some of his investment to long-term results from the academy (i.e. perhaps a percentage for the next 10 years of all transfer fees from academy players) but anyway, the point of it is, if we truly went into administration then he'd be a creditor so would get 20p in the £ or whatever the agreement is that (even preferential) creditors get. 

With regard to protesting against the EFL - to be sure that your feelings are not just frustration at the (awful) situation then perhaps you have to ask what their motivation is. If you believe them to be corrupt then fair enough, protest away. However, they strike me as inept and a bit naive but they're ultimately trying to stop people like Mel doing what he's done to DCFC...

So we might not like it as we're the 'target' but ultimately, it looks like we've cheated (repeatedly) and as such, their focus should be on getting Mel out and more... stable owners in. I don't think they have a vendetta against DCFC (why would they) but perhaps (and with some merit) believe Mel isn't good for the league or DCFC.

Edited by Raich Carter

50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do you, or anyone that liked your post, honestly think the EFL are working honourably, with the best interests of the game at heart and aren't solely focused on bringing Mel Morris down?

It isn't a vendetta against Derby, it's a battle of egos between Rick Parry and Mel Morris, club and fans are collateral damage.

In all honesty, the full mechanisms of the charges against us I do not fully understand and there are huge teams of lawyers on both sides battling over the complexities of this. What I would say is that the "EFL is after us" brigade smacks of paranoia and I think the EFL have better things to do than be "solely focused on bringing Mel Morris down". 

Sooner or later we'll realise...

ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg.f9b62e65cdde18ba59e55bd21ee6ae59.jpg

If people do really want an anti EFL protest then you would think the next live game would be best for profile..maybe some big banners listing the clubs that have cheated with no punishments, clubs cheating now that are being ignored..then one asking for a news outlet to grow some nuts and investigate..FK the EFL ringing out for 90 mins would be reasonably comedic as well..im sure other songs could be made up by the creative team..

Just got to be certain that it is actually the EFL at fault here and not just Mel dragging things out..this is sadly something that no one on here really knows even though we all have our views on where the blame lies (personally i see major fault on both sides depending on what is being discussed).

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And protesting against Mel, who we know is trying to sell the club, will achieve what exactly? If anything, it could be counter productive if he chooses to throw his toys out the Priam.

I didnt say I agree with protesting against Morris. No point, he's gone soon and his legacy will be a poor one. On one level that will be a shame. You are correct a protest will achieve nothing, much like chanting F the EFL. Absolutely nothing.

Sick of hearing that the EFL are the enemy. They did not start this - our owner tried to game the FFP system and got caught out. It is Mel Morris’ fault we are where we are - he is an arrogant egotistical individual who isn’t used to being told no and can’t bear the thought that he is being held to account despite his best efforts. 

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Sick of hearing that the EFL are the enemy. They did not start this - our owner tried to game the FFP system and got caught out. It is Mel Morris’ fault we are where we are - he is an arrogant egotistical individual who isn’t used to being told no and can’t bear the thought that he is being held to account despite his best efforts. 

The original independent tribunal found us not guilty, they could have left it at that