Player Ratings #5 : vs Forest

Rampant

Roos 5 - Made one fantastic save but he simply has to stop the goal. Distribution got a little ragged but a lot of that was down to pressure being piled on him.

Byrne 7 - A lot better defensively today. Delivery could have been better though.

Forsyth 7.5 - Solid in defence and fantastic delivery for the goal. Ragged on the ball occasionally.

Davies 7 - Defensive rock but really contributed to the pressure mounted by forest by being alternatively clumsy, slow and too ready to pass on the buck in possession.

Jagielka 7.5 - Absolute defensive rock, would have given higher bar one very bad pass early.

Bird 8 - Another excellent display. Used the ball well, got us playing and always looking to cut them open. Always got an unreal amount of interceptions or snuffed out attacks.

Shinnie 6 - Aaah Shinnie. We just need more from a player in this position. Major reason why we struggled to play out by just kinda hiding a bit too much and deliberating when he has the ball way too much.

Morrison 6.5 - Solid game from Morrison, looked bright. Faded second half and probably should have come off. Could do with a little better decision making on the left.

Sibley 6.5 - Struggles a little on the left but kept trying and should have got an assist after a good bit of play to set up. Also tired and probably should have come off. 

Jozwiak 7.5 - Really bright game from him today. Think he's better on the left but grew into the game and probably deserved a goal. Surprised he went off.

Lawrence 8 - Started the game like a man possessed. A consistent threat and in a lot of ways the position really suits. Would have given higher except for a couple moments where he could have made better decisions. Really start to fade before his injury but not surprising.

Stretton 7 - Made a difference when he came on by providing a physical threat and looked a real handful. Bar the thinnest bit of knee skin would have scored and would have deserved it.

Buchanan (optional) 7 - Looked really bright coming on and won a lot of corners. Part of me really does think we might have been better starting him or at least bringing him on for Fozzy.

I agree with most of these , the second half we just took our foot off the gas , Roos although usually a decent shot stopper makes me nervy and tbh I don’t feel entirely confident by the other two either.

buchannon I’d like to see converted into a winger I think him and ebosele could be decent options like that 

Roos 5- Poor distribution, seemed quite nervy. Made one amazing save cancelled out by one poor error. The poor distribution drops him below average. 

Byrne 7.5- Defensively very very good. Should’ve stopped the cross for their goal though. Attacking wise he didn’t offer much today, nor were his corners very good. MOTM for me.

Forsyth 7- Solid game. Great assist, defensively he’s still not brilliant, nor is he very good in the air. Now without Kazim he’s basically playing a wide target man role which so far has been pretty unsuccessful, struggled to win a lot of Roos’ goal kicks.

Davies 7- Decent. Nervy start but not much I can fault him on really.

Jagielka 7- Same as Davies really. A couple of nervy moments but generally quite solid at the back.

Bird 6.5- Amazing first half. Second half was very sloppy. But to be fair unlike some others at least he was trying to make something happen.

Shinnie 6- Fairly anonymous game from Shinnie. Barely affected play first half, second half his stamina came to fruition and he started to carry the ball forward a bit more. Didn’t offer much to the team in the end though. Whenever Bielik’s back I’d drop Shinnie. 

Morrison 5.5- Harsh but I thought he was bad. Selfish. Decision making terrible. Wasted quite a few decent opportunities for us.

Sibley 6- Had very little effect on the game. He’s just better through the middle, simple as that. He huffed and puffed and almost got an assist though.

Jozwiak 7- Actually thought he played quite well in the end. Grew into the game after a meh first half. Carried the ball well and was positive in his play.

Lawrence 7- Was good but clearly not 100%. Great finish. 

Stretton 6.5- Should’ve been subbed on much earlier in the game. We needed a natural striker in the box at times today. In the end didn’t have much of an impact, though he could’ve won it for us. 

Roos - 5  One good save. Distribution and decision making was poor. He contributed to the pressure building on us. 

Byrne - 6 Good first half and defensively OK second half, although got caught out of position when we lost it needlessly in midfield leading to his sprints back to cover. Could have closed out better for their cross but they had moved more players over and we lacked the communication to cope with them. 

Forsyth - 7 Gets a 6 overall for his general play (not his fault it was lump it up to him and let him battle for that header repeatedly) but gets an extra point fort hat lovely assist. 

Davies - 6 Generally solid but contributed to the pressure and then some poor distribution. 

Jagielka - 7 Solid all game and made better decisions and balls from the back than all the back line, lost one point for that horrendous back pass first half. 

Bird - 7 Solid. Looked to get it progressing and was doing that alone for the most part. Some wasteful passes, but he’s the centre cog and he’s going to make them as he continues to grow. 

Shinnie - 6 Defensively OK but not helpful in keeping possession or moving it forward. His forward play or lack thereof hampered Bird.

Morrison - 5 This was the game I wanted him to stamp his quality on but was leggy in the first half and made some awful decisions when we did get forward. If Joz had made some of those the boo boys would have been in fine voice. Didn’t lose the ball as much as pick the wrong decision and pass most of the time. 

Sibley - 6 First half was 7 and second half was a 5. Had a lot of good movement and play and their full back was having kittens trying to deal with him first half. The booking was a good one I felt. They had a break and numbers and we were raggedly getting back. 

Jozwiak - 7.5 Thought he played really well. A couple of times he made the wrong choice but for the most part he was fab. Made so much space and found players easily. Shame he went off when others were not performing as well. The booking was a mystery to me. 

Lawrence - 8 MOTM  And I don’t like TL all that much. Great all round play. Movement and finding space and forward play was excellent.  Shame he got a knock and then started to slow, then a stamp on his heel to finish him off. Lovely goal. 

Stretton - 6 Average display. Lacks pace to be any real threat in behind like Buldock and his fist touch is Waghorn like most of the time. Shame he didn’t get that goal though. 

Buchanan (optional) - 7 For the time he was on we became a real threat down our left and any threat that had down their right vanished. Some good crosses and tireless work. 

Roos - 6 Poor distribution second half at fault for the goal but that save is worth 2 points alone.

Byrne - 7 solid defensively need more from him going forward

Forsyth - 8 his best game in a long time, outstanding assist solid defensively.

Jagielka - 7 - Solid performance

Davies - 7.5 - Great defensive play and leadership today, couple of iffy moments with distribution early on

Bird 7.5 - Good game from Max, broke the lines with his passing, a couple of errors that led to Forest attacks because he was taking more risks. I can forgive him that 

Shinnie - 7 - best game of the season so far. Tigerish display but used the ball well at times

Morrison 6 - ok performance but a couple of wrong my decisions. He was main culprit of losing the ball causing Forest breaks. Actually thought he should’ve been taken off instead of Jozwiak.

Sibley - 7 - A menace all game. Liked the aggression and needle in his game involved in lots of our good moments.

Jozwiak - 8 - Excellent throughout, his close control interplay and ability to create space is a joy to behold. Our best outlet for holding the ball second half, strange decision to take him off.

Lawrence - 9 - MOTM. Outstanding goal outstanding performance one of his best in a Derby shirt. Forest couldn’t live with him especially first half 

Stretton - 7 - Good cameo, held the ball well caused problems unlucky not to score. 

Genuinely gutted we didn’t win but there is a lot of promise in this team. We tried to play football, have a plan and an identity, Forest don’t have any plan at all, play on mistakes which fortunately they got with Roos’ error, and were extremely lucky to get a point. 

First-half                                             Second-half

Roos:-           6                                                               6

Byrne:-          6.5                                                               6

Forsyth:-        7.5    Gets an extra point for                  6

the goal scoring pass.

Davies:-         6.5                                                           6

Jagielka:-       6.5                                                           6

Bird:-              6.5                                                           6

Shinnie:-        6.5                                                           6

Morrison:-      6                                                           5.5

Sibley:-           6.5                                                           6

Jozwiak:-        6.5                                                           6

Lawrence:-      7.5                                                           6

Stretton:-                                                                         6

Buchanan (optional)

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Roos 5 - Made one fantastic save but he simply has to stop the goal. Distribution got a little ragged but a lot of that was down to pressure being piled on him.

Byrne 7 - A lot better defensively today. Delivery could have been better though.

Forsyth 7.5 - Solid in defence and fantastic delivery for the goal. Ragged on the ball occasionally.

Davies 7 - Defensive rock but really contributed to the pressure mounted by forest by being alternatively clumsy, slow and too ready to pass on the buck in possession.

Jagielka 7.5 - Absolute defensive rock, would have given higher bar one very bad pass early.

Bird 8 - Another excellent display. Used the ball well, got us playing and always looking to cut them open. Always got an unreal amount of interceptions or snuffed out attacks.

Shinnie 6 - Aaah Shinnie. We just need more from a player in this position. Major reason why we struggled to play out by just kinda hiding a bit too much and deliberating when he has the ball way too much.

Morrison 6.5 - Solid game from Morrison, looked bright. Faded second half and probably should have come off. Could do with a little better decision making on the left.

Sibley 6.5 - Struggles a little on the left but kept trying and should have got an assist after a good bit of play to set up. Also tired and probably should have come off. 

Jozwiak 7.5 - Really bright game from him today. Think he's better on the left but grew into the game and probably deserved a goal. Surprised he went off.

Lawrence 8 - Started the game like a man possessed. A consistent threat and in a lot of ways the position really suits. Would have given higher except for a couple moments where he could have made better decisions. Really start to fade before his injury but not surprising.

Stretton 7 - Made a difference when he came on by providing a physical threat and looked a real handful. Bar the thinnest bit of knee skin would have scored and would have deserved it.

Buchanan (optional) 7 - Looked really bright coming on and won a lot of corners. Part of me really does think we might have been better starting him or at least bringing him on for Fozzy.

Agree with most of that but thought bird had a stinker,making several misplaced passes that could have easily led to a goal being conceded playing a better team.

Just needs to sharpen up and increase his awareness because theres a very good player in there.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong