Embargo.

simmoram1995

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We also gain an advantage by selling our tickets for higher prices than other clubs and the sponsorship deals.

The club are correct that we have gained no advantage as the amortisation will just appear in another years accounts, the total amortisation however will be the same.

If someone could describe accurately what the "advantage" was that we have gained I'd be very grateful. 

To me, it seems nothing more than a very temporary deferral of higher initial expenditure on player transfer fees. 

Any such "advantage" only lasted for half an Anya by my estimation... ?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If someone could describe accurately what the "advantage" was that we have gained I'd be very grateful. 

To me, it seems nothing more than a very temporary deferral of higher initial expenditure on player transfer fees. 

Any such "advantage" only lasted for half an Anya by my estimation... ?

IIRC Gibson’s argument was that we had used our extra financial headroom to outbid them on buying Waghorn. And apparently having Waghorn, for reasons that science can not yet explain, gave us an advantage ?‍♂️.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

IIRC Gibson’s argument was that we had used our extra financial headroom to outbid them on buying Waghorn. And apparently having Waghorn, for reasons that science can not yet explain, gave us an advantage ?‍♂️.

And there I was thinking that, because our change of policy was in 15/16 I think, that the short term headroom was needed for blackman.... ?

Really, doesn't it just show what a subjective, feeble argument it is? 

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The irony of course is that they already had a centre forward on their books that they had signed for £15m the season before!

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but we have had our punishment for the previously submitted accounts.

If the restated accounts don't comply, which I'm sure is very simple to calculate, then they should charge us with breaching P&S rules.

So the old ones don’t comply 

Edited by Spanish

14 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If this is true then his little curly head must have been close to exploding when Waghorn did more than anyone to keep us up in the last match  of last season

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wasn't he 8.5 million

He was yes. 

Put in a transfer request 5 months in when Monk got sacked, went away on loan and put in another transfer request as soon as he returned, despite loving a Parmo!

Around the same time, Luke de Jong was on loan up the road at Newcastle, failing to score a single goal in his loan spell.

That's now Barca's front two!

52 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

??? But that’s BECAUSE the resubmitted accounts aren’t agreed by the EFL !!!  And because we’re evidently not prepared to say: we’ll, those are the account, you’ve got them, we think they are fine, do your worst 

Where have you got this info from?

How do we know that the outstanding charges regarding the accounts do not relate to the year ended 30 June 2020?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hang on.  If our accounts were acceptable to EFL, assuming HMRC is sorted, we would not be under embargo !! 
Your second point is an interesting one. Mel thinks that with the youngsters starting to shine, we don’t need to recruit heavily. So Rooney would say: you should have caved and agreed a points deduction before the window closed. And Mel would think: baalocks, you’ve got enough for now in the squad and in due course you can bring in some free agents 

Btw personally I don’t think Mel is a great poker player. He’s too emotional 

I bet he's good at Monopoly.