Embargo.

simmoram1995

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The problem (well, one problem) we have is that with the EFL effectively trying to bully us into accepting a points penalty by withholding our right to operate under normal trading conditions is that if we accept it there won't be any recourse to an appeal to lessen the penalty at a later date.

If we accept their 'deal', we cannot appeal.

...but that just makes you wonder how little they actually have on us, if they're so convinced of our guilt then what's stopping them just applying a punishment and letting us appeal it? They'll win the appeal, surely, without any problems, we're bang to rights...?

It's being presented as them wanting to end this as quickly as we do, presented as them being 'reasonable' by entering into negotiations but is anyone actually buying that? Of course they're not being reasonable, they're trying to get as much from us as possible, a far higher punishment than is actually warranted by our actions, without their decision being scrutinised by a third party.

It's practically extortion - if they get away with this what else will they get away with in future?

It’s fairly obvious in my mind that we accepted a harsher suspended punishment than Sheffield Wednesday accepted regarding our last payment of wages issue after last Christmas - once bitten twice shy I would say. Reading FC have breached F&P but no charges ( we haven’t actually been had that factually proven) - there is and it seems there never will be a consistent and fair ending to any club in its dealings with the EFL.

21 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I don’t buy this not gaining an advantage by what we did guff. There has to be a reason why 71 clubs do it one way and we did it another. 

Obviously that’s what the club would claim but is utter tosh. We got found out and need to agree the punishment ASAP. 

I dont knownif anyone else has answered you, but I will just in case.

The question would be whether we gained an unsporting advantage. Ie. Would we have failed under an acceptable amortisation policy.

If we didn't fail under the amortisation policy, then it would simply be a sporting advantage. The same way increased sponsorship allows you to sign a player on higher wages, or a bigger attendance allows you to spend more than Wycombe or Blackpool.

It's very likely that without the stadium sale it would be classed as an unsporting advantage, whereas it would be a sporting advantage with it.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

What I can't understand with the EFL, is that why aren't clubs who get promoted to the Premier after breaking FFP rules, not subject to a points deduction on return to the championship?  The likes of QPR and Bournemouth should have started their first season back in the championship on negative points.

They both agreed to a form of financial punishment - I have no idea where the money went?

why haven’t the EFL already charged Aston Villa then - because they are not in the EFL which is nonsense they should still be charged in their absence with any punishment pending their EFL return if it ever happens.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where have they said our accounts don't comply?

They haven't yet - that's the point - We assume at this point they've seen our accounts and they think we're in breach - But they don't seem to be confident enough to outright reject them otherwise they'd have to go to another DC which didn't work out the way they wanted last time - So they seem to be having a staring contest with Morris and Pearce to see who will blink first

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I agree that a few journalists and some opposition fans have previously and do still flag up how Leicester got to where they are, but the orthodoxy is they're a model for everyone to follow. I don't think I've come across a single Leicester fan who thinks they did anything wrong.

They broke my window screen wipers when we played them in the cup so they are forever on my crime sheet club 

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

They haven't yet - that's the point - We assume at this point they've seen our accounts and they think we're in breach - But they don't seem to be confident enough to outright reject them otherwise they'd have to go to another DC which didn't work out the way they wanted last time - So they seem to be having a staring contest with Morris and Pearce to see who will blink first

They have to justify to the clubs in the EFL who have to pay the legal costs of the EFL in all the next hearings that will have to take place - if they had us banged to rights on something real it would have been done because how could we actually argue? It’s interpretation pure and simple in my opinion and see you in the hearing.

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They broke my window screen wipers when we played them in the cup so they are forever on my crime sheet club 

In fairness, they wouldn't have broke your wipers if you hadn't mown them down at high speed!

Is eight more players part of the bluff?

“If it wasn’t for the embargo, we’d have signed another 8 players”.

With t this in mind and perhaps the fact that the accounts do comply with all relevant accounting policies after all than actually the sanction should be a credit of somewhere between +3 and +9 points. Perhaps the efl are trying to negotiate this down and that’s why we haven’t heard anything yet?

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Transfer embargo! and what if MM doesn’t want to pay 8 more players?

Hang on.  If our accounts were acceptable to EFL, assuming HMRC is sorted, we would not be under embargo !! 
Your second point is an interesting one. Mel thinks that with the youngsters starting to shine, we don’t need to recruit heavily. So Rooney would say: you should have caved and agreed a points deduction before the window closed. And Mel would think: baalocks, you’ve got enough for now in the squad and in due course you can bring in some free agents 

Btw personally I don’t think Mel is a great poker player. He’s too emotional