Name and Number….

dilkie

After a conversation with my brother today he mentioned that he once had a home shirt that he had HUNT 26 printed on the back. Got me thinking what’s the most random player you have had emblazoned on to your shirt to display proudly at the BBG or Pride Park. For me it was the midfield beast that was Martin Kuhl, number 4. Must have been around 93’-94’. No idea why I begged my Dad to spend his hard earned cash on that name and number but I did! ??‍♂️???

8 minutes ago, dilkie said:

After a conversation with my brother today he mentioned that he once had a home shirt that he had HUNT 26 printed on the back. Got me thinking what’s the most random player you have had emblazoned on to your shirt to display proudly at the BBG or Pride Park. For me it was the midfield beast that was Martin Kuhl, number 4. Must have been around 93’-94’. No idea why I begged my Dad to spend his hard earned cash on that name and number but I did! ??‍♂️???

Johnathan Hunt and his late winner v Middlesbrough around xmas time if I remember rightly when there was a bit of snow around at the time, cant remember him doing much else in a rams shirt TBH.

1 hour ago, dilkie said:

Are you sure it wasn't your dad that convinced you and your brother to have those names on the back of your shirts. They certainly work out cheaper per letter than other players like Gabbiadini and Pembridge who were in the teams at the time.

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Jamie Vincent number 3. That is extremely random. But I won it and he presented it to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and his skin was smooth as a babies bum and hr smelled very nice if I remember correctly 

Looks to me like you remember extremely correctly!  Too correctly, even!  Positively obsessed, in fact.  For goodness sake, pull yourself together.  Pour yourself a horlicks or summat!   ? 

??

Horan 11 on my burgundy kappa 2013-14 buy mobiles.net shirt.

I didn't get my dad to buy it, I bought it off ebay, but when I play in it, I feel like I can move in more than one direction, eleven directions at least, but I still haven't bought a mobile on the pitch, but I am very mobile when I play and all the other players strangely look and wonder why a man who's over 50, is dancing past them with some bloke on his back from a boy band, but hey ho!

R.jpeg

IMG_20210820_213947.jpg

28 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Horan 11 on my burgundy kappa 2013-14 buy mobiles.net shirt.

I didn't get my dad to buy it, I bought it off ebay, but when I play in it, I feel like I can move in more than one direction, eleven directions at least, but I still haven't bought a mobile on the pitch, but I am very mobile when I play and all the other players strangely look and wonder why a man who's over 50, is dancing past them with some bloke on his back from a boy band, but hey ho!

R.jpeg

IMG_20210820_213947.jpg

You carry Niall Horan on your back whilst playing football? Now that is weird.

4 hours ago, dilkie said:

After a conversation with my brother today he mentioned that he once had a home shirt that he had HUNT 26 printed on the back.  For me it was the midfield beast that was Martin Kuhl, number 4. No idea why I begged my Dad to spend his hard earned cash on that name and number but I did! ??‍♂️???

Perhaps because he just thought you would look 'kuhl'? ?