Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

As has been made clear previously- interesting few weeks ahead.

Derby's next 4- Bournemouth (A), Blackburn (A), Coventry (H), Preston (H)

Readings next 4 - Forest (A), Bournemouth (A), Blackburn (H), Barnsley (A)

Whilst I'm loathe to describe any game as a "free hit", that's kind of where we are with our next 2, as they match up Reading's.

It wouldn't be *shocking* for us to pick up 6, and them to pick up 1.

THEN, they get their game in hand (Stoke(H)) - how much would it weigh on them if they'd gone 22nd at that point?

Then it's the run to the end of the season.

Derby's last 6 - Swansea (A), Fulham (H), QPR (A), Bristol C (H), Blackpool (A), Cardiff (H)

Readings last 6 - Cardiff (H), Sheff Utd (A), Swansea (H), Hull (A), WBA (H), Luton (A).

I can see them getting some points from Cardiff and Swansea, so we'd need to try and keep in touch, but if we're within 3 points with 3 games to go.... I put the ball in our court.

Gonna bring my 5 year old to his first game for Bristol City.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I wonder if the the Barnsley people asked some questions which the Derby people ( administrators) were able to answer at the match on Saturday? 
Anyway reap what you sow EFL 

Tip of the iceburg I hope, Come one come all...Lawyers will be asking for customers with a NO WIN NO FEE deal

49 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Well the EFL didn't want to get involved with the Boro/Wycombe claims so they will reap what they have sown. The league will descend into farce under their watch and they will be in for a barrage of criticism. Boo hoo.

The EFL will come up with some ill thought out  rule change in a half arsed attempt to stop any blame landing on their doorstep.

So when should we expect another points deduction.

When it says the EFL I do wonder if it actually means someone at the EFL and not the EFL and in our case being told by the EFL everything was ok until the EFL said everything was not ok with the EFL three years later - do you get the EFL drift ?

Ha Ha!  Brilliant!

Something, something worms.  Something can!

... Although it might have been better for Barnsley to have aimed their gripe directly at The EFL initially. 
Let it be them that then divert Barnsley's attention back to Reading!

Still, this'll do for starters.  Who's next?  

8 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I'm not pleased that Krystian has been called up by Poland for many reasons.  Injury and tiredness being one (or is it two). 

I should amongst the reasons I'm not pleased are  . . . .

I think we should be OK shouldn't we as their match against Russia is postponed for obvious reasons, so they don't next play until June in the Nations League.  Our season should have finished. Unless I'm missing something (possible)

Just now, BucksRam said:

I think we should be OK shouldn't we as their match against Russia is postponed for obvious reasons, so they don't next play until June in the Nations League.  Our season should have finished. Unless I'm missing something (possible)

That's good to know.  Relieved then

When I initially read he has been called up by Poland I was even more worried

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

That's good to know.  Relieved then

When I initially read he has been called up by Poland I was even more worried

Won't lie, I thought the same hence checked.  Unless of course they arrange a last minute friendly ?

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Lots of rumours about further Reading points deductions

If they don’t abide by their business plan they will receive the suspended 6 points but I understand that they will be imposed next season. It seems that why Barnsley are not happy, as they think (and I have no idea) that Reading are breaching their business plan. If has been muted that Readings business plan doesn’t keep them with FFP then the EFL need shooting.

Come to think about it EFL……..yep you get the picture 

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

If they don’t abide by their business plan they will receive the suspended 6 points but I understand that they will be imposed next season. It seems that why Barnsley are not happy, as they think (and I have no idea) that Reading are breaching their business plan. If has been muted that Readings business plan doesn’t keep them with FFP then the EFL need shooting.

Come to think about it EFL……..yep you get the picture 

Not necessarily:

Decision 6. It has been agreed and I hereby order that the Club is sanctioned for the breach as follows:

6.1 The Club is to be immediately deducted 6 points in the 2021/22 Championship season.

6.2 The Club is also subject to a suspended sanction of 6 points to be deducted from its season points total in Season 2021/22 (or Season 2022/23), on the first occasion on or before 30 June 2023 that:

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not necessarily:

Decision 6. It has been agreed and I hereby order that the Club is sanctioned for the breach as follows:

6.1 The Club is to be immediately deducted 6 points in the 2021/22 Championship season.

6.2 The Club is also subject to a suspended sanction of 6 points to be deducted from its season points total in Season 2021/22 (or Season 2022/23), on the first occasion on or before 30 June 2023 that:

Good. I don’t have an issue with our penalty as we breached FFP. I just don’t see how Reading can have a lesser penalty when they have overspent by considerably more and have a significant overspend for their latest accounts ( do they get a reset or is there a possibility of a further penalty?). At the moment I would have thought that the. Clubs below Reading could all take action. Also would have. Stronger case than Middlesbrough and Wycombe. 
mind you on the Barnsley site they think that both Derby and Reading have brought players in on big wages. That certainly is not true for Derby and I doubt it will be so for Reading. 

Readings issue was the same as ours a couple of years back, legacy contracts where stupid wages were paid. 

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What does your source think Big Trav?

It’s really hard at the moment with the EFL. One thing will come out and within an hour something else comes out and completely contradicts the previous rumour. It’s why Percy, Nixon and most other journos aren’t really ‘leaking’ any info. They’ll just look stupid if they did. Personally to me it looks like reading might be in some serious trouble. It’s fair to say the business plan has been followed very loosely.