Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

47 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Me too. I think that, if a club wants to sack their manager outside of a transfer window, it should attract a points deduction - after all, their intention is to gain a competitive advantage, otherwise they wouldn't do it. Say, 6 points for the first one, 12 points for the second one, 18 points for the third one etc.

That should ensure Forest and Watford get back to where they belong i.e Division 4.

A club can sack a player (or terminate their contract) mid season if they want can’t they in the same way they can managers? But, in both cases, the club would be liable for either compensation or to pay up the remainder of their contract.

We need to get 1.5 points per game, if we do that then we will get to 42 points, which many believe is more than enough. Lets see! We are currently 1.5 points below the line, so a win on saturday will put us bang on what we need to achieve 42 points.

DCFC great escape.jpg

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

8 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

We need to get 1.5 points per game, if we do that then we will get to 42 points, which many believe is more than enough. Lets see! We are currently 1.5 points below the line, so a win on saturday will put us bang on what we need to achieve 42 points.

DCFC great escape.jpg

After watching that game last night you still think we'll need 42 points?

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

What about ex pats, i am a Derbyshire lad and now i live in Staffordshire we donated to the flag and the tickets for people who just can`t afford to go ,so please give a shout out to all Derby fans all over the UK there are moreof us  than you may think .

Absolutely. I should have made that clear. Mea Culpa! Apologies @glyn1957

It's a weird season. The relegation battle includes just four clubs fighting for one survival spot. So most of the usual assumptions about average points needed to survive are less likely to apply.  This time last year the clubs in 21st to 23rd had eight to ten points last than they do this season. And, as we know, 44pts was enough to survive.

How many points do we need? More than Reading, Peterborough and Barnsley. Beyond that it's very hard to say.

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was a poor game even with the conditions. I cannot believe that either 0f those teams will not improve at some time, we just need to keep collecting points. This is not a forgone conclusion, it’s still 3 from 4

57 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A club can sack a player (or terminate their contract) mid season if they want can’t they in the same way they can managers? But, in both cases, the club would be liable for either compensation or to pay up the remainder of their contract.

Sure, but it's either got to be for breach of contract, or by mutual consent, but they can't replace him instantly with a better one that might get them promoted or out of relegation trouble unless they're free agents, and even then there's a cut-off date. Some teams have changed managers with fewer than 10 games to go and survived - that disadvantaged teams who stuck by their manager. 

Edited by Crewton

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In this league yes.  Hull have looked a rabble both times we've played them and still managed 4 or 5 wins on the trot at one point.  The season they got to the playoff final I'm sure we put 10 goals past then in the other 3 games with non conceded.  I always go with the Hull-who the feck knows- model.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In this league yes.  Hull have looked a rabble both times we've played them and still managed 4 or 5 wins on the trot at one point.  The season they got to the playoff final I'm sure we put 10 goals past then in the other 3 games with non conceded.  I always go with the Hull-who the feck knows- model.

You're looking at Peterborough earning as many points in their final 16 games as they did in the 30 played so far, whereas Barnsley have to triple their output from 0.57 ppg to 1.56.

Reading are the only ones likely to finish above 35 points, never mind into the 40s. Given everything going on at their club, Reading fans would probably snap your hands off if offered a final tally of 35 points.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You're looking at Peterborough earning as many points in their final 16 games as they did in the 30 played so far,

Wycombe did better than that last season so it is possible for a team to turn it around...... but I have faith we will continue to better their return.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Estimate for the current first team player wage bill? 

£20k-30k = Lawrence, Bielik
Max £12.5k = Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, Bird, Knight, Jozwiak, Sibley, Kazim
Max £4.5k = Allsop, Davies, Stearman, Ravel
Others = Cashin, Tommo, Festy, Plange, Stretton

Even if those last 5 were on £4.5k (very doubtful), that's still only a £10.8m first team wage bill. 

This is what makes me laugh about some uneducated comments out there on how much we pay.

I would be surprised if Knight, Bird, Buchanan and Sibley are on that much tbh, maybe Knight since he became an international, but the others? Do we know when they last signed new contracts?

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You're looking at Peterborough earning as many points in their final 16 games as they did in the 30 played so far, whereas Barnsley have to triple their output from 0.57 ppg to 1.56.

Reading are the only ones likely to finish above 35 points, never mind into the 40s. Given everything going on at their club, Reading fans would probably snap your hands off if offered a final tally of 35 points.

It's certainly trending under 40 right now..

12 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

This is what makes me laugh about some uneducated comments out there on how much we pay.

I would be surprised if Knight, Bird, Buchanan and Sibley are on that much tbh, maybe Knight since he became an international, but the others? Do we know when they last signed new contracts?

Knight - Jan 2020 (to 2023)
Buchanan - July 2020 (to 2022)
Sibley and Bird - Sep 2020 (to 2024)

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

DCFC great escape.jpg

If it does mean we need 42 points its a big ask even after watching last nights game,Peterborough game on Saturday is massive