Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

36 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Hull are an interesting proposition. They are currently miles ahead of us, so I would discount them. However, if Reading manage to put a run together, we're going to need someone else to get dragged in and they seem like the most likely candidates. 

I think I would sooner see Hull dropping points as I would expect us to get more points that P'Boro and Barnsley over the course of the season, so a victory here and there for them shouldn't make much difference in the long run.

Ultimately, we have to keep winning and putting the pressure on. It's still a very tall order for us to escape...

Hull are fine regardless. Every time they look like they struggle they then pick up unexpected wins

34 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Hull are an interesting proposition. They are currently miles ahead of us, so I would discount them. However, if Reading manage to put a run together, we're going to need someone else to get dragged in and they seem like the most likely candidates. 

I think I would sooner see Hull dropping points as I would expect us to get more points that P'Boro and Barnsley over the course of the season, so a victory here and there for them shouldn't make much difference in the long run.

Ultimately, we have to keep winning and putting the pressure on. It's still a very tall order for us to escape...

I'm with you @RodleyRam - If another team can get dragged into the relegation battle then that's only going to be good for us! Hull are in reach... Birmingham too if they don't turn their form around (only 2 wins in their last 10)... I think Swansea and Cardiff have got enough about them to stay clear.

Hull can lose to both Barnsley and Peterborough... for me that'd be the best outcome for us. I'm hoping that Ince is still the same arrogant barsteward that interviewed with us all those years ago and fails to get Reading firing too.

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure I heard he's working for free to assist their maximum spend .  As suspected that's why the other guy wasn't sacked but 'resigned'.  With no payoff - till they give him some in 2 years when he comes back as the worlds best paid kit man.  The wonderful world of FFP.  

When you consider the tiny proportion of Rahman and Drinkwater's wages that Reading must be paying in order to stay within the EFL's salary cap, I'm surprised that social media isn't riven with opposition fans calling out the artificial means that they seem to be using in order to avoid triggering their 6 point suspended penalty. I mean, we're apparently not even allowed to play the players we have on our books........

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I hate to start a new argument (no I don’t), but Reading are 5 points ahead. So if they got 9 and we got 13, we’d be a point behind them still. 

Yes; well spotted. I’d had 3 Maker’s Mark whiskies at the point of arithmetic. So the overall conclusion is we need to do better on points return than we did in the first round of fixtures. It’s very tight. 

21 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'm with you @RodleyRam - If another team can get dragged into the relegation battle then that's only going to be good for us! Hull are in reach... Birmingham too if they don't turn their form around (only 2 wins in their last 10)... I think Swansea and Cardiff have got enough about them to stay clear.

Hull can lose to both Barnsley and Peterborough... for me that'd be the best outcome for us. I'm hoping that Ince is still the same arrogant barsteward that interviewed with us all those years ago and fails to get Reading firing too.

I'm all up for them making it 3 in 10.  Reading new assistant manager Alex Rae. Hope the EFL are up their arse demanding to know how it fits into the payment structure.  I doubt it .

55 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Do we want Barnsley to beat Hull

Honestly think it's irrelevant. Barnsley will go down and Hull will stay up. Hull will just about have enough to stay up unless they go an awful run, think its us vs Reading for 21st unless something unexpected happens or we both go on a great run of form dragging other teams into it. 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Honestly think it's irrelevant. Barnsley will go down and Hull will stay up. Hull will just about have enough to stay up unless they go an awful run, think its us vs Reading for 21st unless something unexpected happens or we both go on a great run of form dragging other teams into it. 

I’d like us to be able to catch hull, even if we go above then and reading. Otherwise we’ll have only really overhauled a 15 point deficit.

In fact, being 5pts behind reading at the minute, we’ve only really made up a 10pt deficit so far, so only 2 thirds of what we need to overhaul.

but we’re not 2 thirds through the season yet, so we’re not doing bad by that metric. 

7 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I'm hoping for a Birmingham win, nothing less.

The only realistic team, at the present time, to catch is Reading. If we concentrate on finishing one place above them, then we'll remain in the Championship. All other teams are just a periphery concern.

Hoping for a Reading loss too, I’m not confident but they are the ones to chase down, anyone else is a bonus and massive win ask given our away form.