Films you wish you could see for the first time, again

dog

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Fallen is in my top5 easily. Arlington Road very intense, well Tim Robbins is an intense actor, so no surprise. Whilst thinking of him, did you see Mystic River?

Plot twists and Tim Robins = Jacob's Ladder

This clip almost feels/looks/sounds like a parody to begin with, but it's not.

Angel Heart was good too considering Mickey Rourke was in it.

37 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Remember the film being stressful to watch! I can remember the plot too

5 minutes ago, David said:

Not a film unless you binge them all together, pretend you didn't see the end credit and intro from each episode....but Amazon's Leeds United documentary the ending was just sublime.

We watch telly very infrequently nowadays.  (Been on one evening in the last fortnight).

But I'd happily watch all that again in one sitting.  Even knowing how things have since turned around, as an on-screen spectacle, it was the purest of comedy gold.

*What do you mean, it wasn't a comedy?  I think you'll find it was!   ?

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I don't think I have. 

Well, I’ve just given you three crackers to watch for the first time. Two of them star Sean Penn, two of them Tim Robbins. There’s also Denzel Washington, Kevin Bacon, Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in amongst the three. 
arlington road, Fallen, Mystic River

On 10/08/2021 at 22:22, Tyler Durden said:

That's the weird thing like Jaws am sure was a PG at the cinema but later got revised up to a 12A certificate. 

When Jaws came out there were no PG and 12 ratings. They came later.

The ratings at the time  were U, A, AA, X.

Remember those? Not confusing at all!

3 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Many mentioned are classics but for " what the hell just happened factor"

The Green Mile and Dusk till Dawn

The first time I saw from Dusk till Dawn, I spent the whole of the first half saying to my friend, 'I thought you said this was a vampire film,' and, 'Are you sure this is a vampire flick?' etc.

24 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The first time I saw from Dusk till Dawn, I spent the whole of the first half saying to my friend, 'I thought you said this was a vampire film,' and, 'Are you sure this is a vampire flick?' etc.

Had the opposite experience. Thought it was a gangster flic and was quietly enjoying Salma Hayek's table dancing routine until the WTAF moment arrived and all hell broke loose ?

On 11/08/2021 at 12:55, Bob The Badger said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved Jacob's Ladder. A group of us who'd watched it adjourned to the pub after and sat there in silence we were so shell-shocked. Angel Heart great too.

Mrs Sagan always goes on about how she'd love to see Alien at the cinema after a memory wipe, so not knowing what happens. 

I'll turn it around and say some films improve on multiple showings when you're aware of the overall story but looking for the pointers that you might have missed first time around. I think Inception and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind make more sense on second-plus viewing.