Films you wish you could see for the first time, again

dog

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The first time I saw from Dusk till Dawn, I spent the whole of the first half saying to my friend, 'I thought you said this was a vampire film,' and, 'Are you sure this is a vampire flick?' etc.

I didn't even know it was a vampire film........totally blew my mind when it all kicked off ?

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved Jacob's Ladder. A group of us who'd watched it adjourned to the pub after and sat there in silence we were so shell-shocked. Angel Heart great too.

Mrs Sagan always goes on about how she'd love to see Alien at the cinema after a memory wipe, so not knowing what happens. 

I'll turn it around and say some films improve on multiple showings when you're aware of the overall story but looking for the pointers that you might have missed first time around. I think Inception and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind make more sense on second-plus viewing.

Agreed on that.

I wasn't arsed about The Shining when I first saw it and now I think it's a masterpiece. 

I also like films where you need to see every part of it to get it.

I had a friend who thought The Blair Witch Project was crap, but then I found out he'd got in just after the start.

Well it would be crap then because the call back at the end would be meaningless without seeing the beginning.