Films you wish you could see for the first time, again

dog

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Jaws. I was 8 or 9 when my mum took us to the cinema to see it. Front row. Terrifying.

I have no idea what she was thinking taking 2 young kids to see such a film but I'm so grateful she did. 

And I didn't want to go near any body of water for years.

i went with a few friends to see Jaws as a young teen.  We took a shortcut home through a mire, but soon we were running for our lives, imagining gaping jaws after us at every step, laughing at our fear, yet terrified.

44 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Jaws. I was 8 or 9 when my mum took us to the cinema to see it. Front row. Terrifying.

I have no idea what she was thinking taking 2 young kids to see such a film but I'm so grateful she did. 

And I didn't want to go near any body of water for years.

That's the weird thing like Jaws am sure was a PG at the cinema but later got revised up to a 12A certificate. 

I remember trying to go and see Who Dares Wins with Lewis Collins when I was about 11 and not being let in

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's the weird thing like Jaws am sure was a PG at the cinema but later got revised up to a 12A certificate. 

I remember trying to go and see Who Dares Wins with Lewis Collins when I was about 11 and not being let in

I think you are right. I don't recall any talk beforehand that we might not get in. Mind you, it was nearly half a century ago and my memory isn't what it was. ?

I don't think 12 certificates were a thing for long time, it went from PG to 15 they only brought in 12 and 12a later, and Jaws was deffo a PG.

Alien - gennuinly terrifying.

Airplane! - ok the years have dated it a bit, but oh my god the first time i saw that I was in pain from too much laughing.

The Goonies.

Jurrasic Park - again the CGI might be dated now, but it was magical when it was in cinimas.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't think 12 certificates were a thing for long time, it went from PG to 15 they only brought in 12 and 12a later, and Jaws was deffo a PG.

Alien - gennuinly terrifying.

Airplane! - ok the years have dated it a bit, but oh my god the first time i saw that I was in pain from too much laughing.

The Goonies.

Jurrasic Park - again the CGI might be dated now, but it was magical when it was in cinimas.

dated.

on a similar stance, Raiders of the lost ark,  saw it in a small cinema in IOM and it was awesome.  not the same now, still great but.....

34 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

The Game

best plot twist ever

Agreed great film.

Memento 

Fight Club

The usual suspects 

Seven

The sixth sense

Shutter island

Shawshank

The departed

Luck number slevin

Basically anything with a plot twist! 

16 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I don't think I have, I'll add them to the watch list.

Fallen is in my top5 easily. Arlington Road very intense, well Tim Robbins is an intense actor, so no surprise. Whilst thinking of him, did you see Mystic River?